Has anyone been scammed by a seller using usps ssk?

Just like the title states, Has anyone out here ever been scammed by a seller using a post office Self-Service Kiosk (SSK)? I have a guy telling me he shipped out my shoes. The tracking number says its accepted and departed but it was done with a SSK on Monday, June 23rd. It has been a week and no tracking updates. I think he bought a tracking number, but didn't actually ship anything.

any thoughts, comments, ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

I called USPS, they said it should have been delivered on Friday. They said it was really weird there wasn't any other scans of the shipping label. USPS said they would call me tomorrow with an update.One reason it makes me nervous is because the seller has stopped communicating with me. A good thing about the SSK is that it is only credit or debt card only, so there is a paper trail. 

Just open up the paypal case now so you can get your $ back faster.

or tell him your gonna do it and his account will be frozen

tell him he might as well just refund the money now bcuz u are gonna win the claim.

Maybe he is not scamming you, maybe it is lost.

Either way you no shoes, you get money back.

Better at least get your money. Sucks that you won't have the shoes, but at least you won't lose your money. Also, people been saying that USPS sometimes doesn't scan tracking until it literally is at your location. For some reason, scans don't get frequently updated anymore sometimes. USPS isn't the best...

I just started a dispute I haven't gone to a claim yet. I am going to give USPS until tomorrow to give me a call back to tell me what they found out. A bunch of stuff is adding up and I don't like the math. The SSK, the lack of scanning on the package and now no communication? that's fishy or maybe I'm just paranoid?

If the tracking on the package says it was 'accepted' and 'departed', that means that SOMETHING was put in the SSK. USPS is not perfect with delivery confirmation or tracking and NEVER has been. Back in the day they would tell you specifically that delivery confirmation was exactly that...delivery confirmation and NOT tracking like everyone seems to think it is. If he specifically got 'tracking', then still, it says it was 'accepted' and 'departed' - something went was put in the SSK.

He's probably ignoring you because there's most likely NOTHING he can do and is choosing not to entertain all your ideas of him trying to rip you off. What could he possibly do? The package has left his hands and now he's probably just sitting there either happy he got insurance or praying the shoes turn up somehow.

Seriously, as a seller, impatient people are the WORST kinds of buyers. He did his part, you did your part, and it's no longer on ANYONE but the USPS, and the USPS sucks for a reason. They lose packages ALL THE TIME. I've bought shoes via USPS priority that have shown up, literally, 6 months later.

You submitted your claim and that's all well and good...but I would have given it a few days if I were you. Give them guy some credit...you obviously trusted him enough to send him a lot of cash for something sight unseen. Just because the USPS sucks doesn't mean every seller out there is a scammer, it just means that the USPS is not the most reliable shipping service.

If you're buying $1000 shoes you might want to go the FedEx or UPS route next time.

Do these problems only happen to shoe sellers/buyers?

Last edited:
If the tracking on the package says it was 'accepted' and 'departed', that means that SOMETHING was put in the SSK. USPS is not perfect with delivery confirmation or tracking and NEVER has been. Back in the day they would tell you specifically that delivery confirmation was exactly that...delivery confirmation and NOT tracking like everyone seems to think it is. If he specifically got 'tracking', then still, it says it was 'accepted' and 'departed' - something went was put in the SSK.

He's probably ignoring you because there's most likely NOTHING he can do and is choosing not to entertain all your ideas of him trying to rip you off. What could he possibly do? The package has left his hands and now he's probably just sitting there either happy he got insurance or praying the shoes turn up somehow.

Seriously, as a seller, impatient people are the WORST kinds of buyers. He did his part, you did your part, and it's no longer on ANYONE but the USPS, and the USPS sucks for a reason. They lose packages ALL THE TIME. I've bought shoes via USPS priority that have shown up, literally, 6 months later.

You submitted your claim and that's all well and good...but I would have given it a few days if I were you. Give them guy some credit...you obviously trusted him enough to send him a lot of cash for something sight unseen. Just because the USPS sucks doesn't mean every seller out there is a scammer, it just means that the USPS is not the most reliable shipping service.

If you're buying $1000 shoes you might want to go the FedEx or UPS route next time.
This is the dude that has your SB 8's...

How much did you pay for the shoes?
if you don't mind me asking...

A seller should maintain communication. It creates a sense of comfort between the buyer and the seller. Cutting communication is never a good sign. EVER.

I recently shipped some shoes to Guam that USPS messed up with but the transaction was smooth because the buyer and I talked throughout the process. My package was never scanned in at my local post office and it just said I printed a label for almost 7 days.

I told him my plan of action which was going to the post office to see if the package was there and we would go from there.

Luckily, the package started getting tracking 2 days later. Tho the PO said it wasn't there, I think they did find it and they shipped it that day since it takes 2 days to get to the next scan that the package had.

The point is, if the seller would have taken this step, it could help resolve the question of where the package is located as it could still mistakenly be at the post office. Cutting communication off doesn't solve anything.

Back
Top Bottom