Has anyone else been using StockX?

stockx has dollar limits for selling now? what a joke, guess I'll sell my stuff elsewhere then

Screenshot_20240106_174146_Chrome.jpg

Most selling platforms have limits that vary based on the site and item type.
I've sold on stockx for years and never encountered a limit on how many asks/$s I could put up before. I have way more up on GOAT right now also.

I've sold on stockx for years and never encountered a limit on how many asks/$s I could put up before. I have way more up on GOAT right now also.
As I initially stated, different platforms have different sales limits. Ebay for example will allow you to sell up to 20k per month.

stockx has dollar limits for selling now? what a joke, guess I'll sell my stuff elsewhere then

Screenshot_20240106_174146_Chrome.jpg
Yea and it's based per quarter, not lifetime. I downsized a lot over the last 18 months, sold over 200 pairs on there alone. But bc I didn't sell enough last qtr, I'm capped at 40 pairs listed. I had about 60 on there at the end of the qtr and those can stay but I can't add anything else. So so so dumb.

Yea and it's based per quarter, not lifetime. I downsized a lot over the last 18 months, sold over 200 pairs on there alone. But bc I didn't sell enough last qtr, I'm capped at 40 pairs listed. I had about 60 on there at the end of the qtr and those can stay but I can't add anything else. So so so dumb.
yeah, I'm not sure when it was implemented since I don't sell as regularly as before, but seems like a really poor time to limit sales when the sneaker resale market is at an all time low.

Is there a good place to sell older pairs. Lost faith in StockX’s authentication process. Seems like they have a bunch of dweebs there. Just had a pair of Obsidian 12’s rejected because of minor yellowing. Shoes are 12 years old.

StockX seems like a place for newer and hyped sneakers.

Last edited:
I think that is the route. I’ve been selling on eBay with success (slower) and StockX (faster) but anything older than 10 years usually gets rejected. Had some Obsidian 12’s get rejected for uneven yellowing on the side tabs. Shoes are 12 years old and it is minor.

Is there a good place to sell older pairs. Lost faith in StockX’s authentication process. Seems like they have a bunch of dweebs there. Just had a pair of Obsidian 12’s rejected because of minor yellowing. Shoes are 12 years old.

StockX seems like a place for newer and hyped sneakers.
I had one rejected today bc of a store stock sticker on the box and I guess discoloration on a part of the sole. Pair is 5 years old.

Screenshot_20240119_181902_Gmail.jpg

Here is mine, yellowing if the midsole… not sure when the tabs became part of the midsole but it wasn’t the case before and they were notorious for yellowing.
IMG_0699.jpeg

Here is mine, yellowing if the midsole… not sure when the tabs became part of the midsole but it wasn’t the case before and they were notorious for yellowing.
IMG_0699.jpeg

looks like one side is more yellow than the other. I got my playoff 8s sent back because of that. Yellowing is normal on older pairs and I sell stuff that's 10+ years on there all the time but it just needs to be yellowed evenly I guess. My last like 5+ sales were all stuff like 2014 and older with no issues.

looks like one side is more yellow than the other. I got my playoff 8s sent back because of that. Yellowing is normal on older pairs and I sell stuff that's 10+ years on there all the time but it just needs to be yellowed evenly I guess. My last like 5+ sales were all stuff like 2014 and older with no issues.

Shoes have been in the closet for over a decade. No sunlight. Simply oxidation, shoes aren’t stored with the same side up, so if you look at both of the sides that were facing the same direction the yellowing is even. Hope that makes sense. I’ll take a pic when I get them back.

Shoes have been in the closet for over a decade. No sunlight. Simply oxidation, shoes aren’t stored with the same side up, so if you look at both of the sides that were facing the same direction the yellowing is even. Hope that makes sense. I’ll take a pic when I get them back.

It's also the tissue. If you leave shoes in the box touching the tissue, it makes a difference. I generally put my shoes in bags before putting them in the box and it usually helps with the yellowing. Some pairs that I didn't do that with had noticeably more yellowing or yellowing in certain areas. Some people like the fold the tissue and put it on the bottom of the box then place the shoes on top. So for the side touching the tissue, there may be more yellowing.

No tissue in mine. I remove it, I have a shoe box full of tissue so when I sell I just retrieve it. It is what it is, it’s natural oxidation. I know people that shop and hunt for vintage gear, they understand this is part of the aging process. Discoloration isn’t always even.

It is what it is. I’ll probably go the eBay route.

Back
Top Bottom