Has anyone else been using StockX?

How does this sales tax affect sellers? Is Stockx now reporting all sales to the govt? Outside of payout method it's a pretty anonymous selling platform.
the only effect for sellers will be indirect in the form of potentially lower market prices

how is it good for buyers if you have to pay extra for sales tax? it's bad for everyone really

Bad for buyers in states paying sales tax, bad for sellers because prices will go down with less buyers on the market or at least less buyers willing to pay a certain premium but it will be good for buyers in states NOT paying sales tax, as they'd have less competition and lower prices.

how is it good for buyers if you have to pay extra for sales tax? it's bad for everyone really
I believe stockx will be cheaper then any nickel and dime Instagram reseller or ebay seller
I also think stock x will still be cheaper than Flight Club and other consignment stores even with the tax

The key is to keep lowballing

Last edited:
Bad for buyers in states paying sales tax, bad for sellers because prices will go down with less buyers on the market or at least less buyers willing to pay a certain premium but it will be good for buyers in states NOT paying sales tax, as they'd have less competition and lower prices.
true

the market will adjust since its hitting everyone

im not dropping my prices due to tax :lol: not like im selling anything but yea

people use goat/StockX for peace of mind, they might lose some customers but majority of these buyers use them because its easier and again pace of mind in not dealing with some shady dude on Ebay, facebook, IG and with fakes

Last edited:
Stock X says they pull data from multiple platforms but that's bs, I dont see my goat or FC sales. Only mentioned because I sold a few rare things recently and the sales never showed up on stock x, they are not credible imo.

Last edited:
Well, it doesn't seem sales tax is affecting my sale. 90% of my listed items are sold. I ain't complaining so far.

I think it’s a selling fee and a processing fee...something like that

There’s two fees, one is 9.5% and the other 3% if memory serves me

If you sell more there’s tiers with lower fees but it’s not much less...I’m at tier 2 and I think that’s brings it down from 9.5% to 9%

It’s basically the same as eBay

It’s pretty easy to find the details on their site

Back
Top Bottom