Has anyone else been using StockX?

Have sold almost 10 things on stockx, the last half year or so. No issues, still haven't bought anything though. When I first started it was incredibly low ball and was hesitant to really do much business. I feel it's matured now that I get better payouts than ebay, despite the price hike in seller fees this year. Signed up with GOAT but havent done much with it as Im trying to get lower seller fees on stockx, but the prices are about the same market price as stockx. Have sold yeezy/UB/jordans, nothing GR. 

Good thing is if you accept an offer it goes through right away instead of getting delayed like goat

1) the law allows returns. 
That may be true, As a business owner we do not accept refunds.

We have been open 30 years and never had to give a refund.

there are multiple signs throughout the store as well as on the receipt stating this.

P.S. I believe StockX can sue you for the chargeback , attorneys fees and more

Edit: just confirmed with an attorney, you can indeed be sued for a chargeback anywhere it visibly states no refunds

Last edited:
That may be true, As a business owner we do not accept refunds.

We have been open 30 years and never had to give a refund.

there are multiple signs throughout the store as well as on the receipt stating this.

P.S. I believe StockX can sue you for the chargeback , attorneys fees and more

Edit: just confirmed with an attorney, you can indeed be sued for a chargeback anywhere it visibly states no refunds

Hell of an attorney you have where they're on hand to take calls like that.

What your attorney perhaps hasn't considered is where the goods do not meet the description.
And that it is distance selling regulations that apply here - in a store it is perfectly legal to say 'no refunds' as long as you let the buyer view the item, and as long as it's not a pre-order (those are more complicated as you're allowed to ask for a non-refundable deposit which can be anything from $1 up to 100% of the value).
This is because the buyer can see the item. In a physical store I can see a pair of shoes, I can see if they've been tried on, and if they are marked in any way. Ever been in a store and liked a shirt or jacket or whatever then noticed there's a mark on it? You ask if they have another in that size but they don't... they invariably say something like "we can take 10% off it of you want, and maybe the mark will wash out?". That's the deal - both sides know it, the fault is known and visible. The buyer has the opportunity to freely decide, but on the condition that this transaction cannot be reversed.

Edit: Stockx rule on cancelling orders however can legally be applied because at that time none of the terms of the deal can have changed; the item has not reached the buyer so it meeting the description cannot yet be verified, thr price will not change, and they make it clear you cannot just change your mind - that isna perfectly acceptable policy. Although there's an element of favour towards sellers there, as they actually do in their terms allow sellers to back out, subject to a fee. Its different standards to buyers, could be construed as unfair, but is legal.

Nor does your attorney seem to appreciate, that Paypal also has terms of sale and terms of use that protect the buyer - effectively they can force a refund if they mediate and find in favour of the buyer. Same for credit cards. If sellers/companies do not abide by paypal terms, they lose their authorisation and cannot offer it as a means of payment. In rare cases their entire account may be suspended regardless of balance.

I am amazed by these rather basic oversights by your attorney. I only studied US law as a brief module and a follow-up in handling a dispute with a Florida-based exporter, yet I seem to know more about it than your attorney. I would suggest you keep a backup one in mind if you ever end up in serious trouble.

To conclude, I don't know what part of what I said before is difficult to understand - I already got my money back.
In fact, I briefly got it back twice for about an hour as both the card company and paypal found in my favour. I was just honest enough to call that out (I suspect would have been reversed anyway).

And the issue would never have happened with GOAT, nor if Stockx did what they advertise and provide peace of mind for both buyers and sellers.

If you can imagine a text-based mic, consider it dropped...

Last edited:
I've tried GOAT a couple months ago and it was a terrible experience. I bought a pair of AM1 anniversary and the seller accepted it, one day later it says waiting for seller to accept. 3 days passed and status didn't change and wasn't shipped. I tried contacting them about my refund but it was an automated response. When I finally got thru they said they could give me store credit but I said that's not your policy. So I filed a complaint with PayPal and finally got my refund two days after.

Just tried purchasing on stockx two days ago (6/7/17) for a pair of black acg 07 kmtr. And still waiting for seller to ship. If it doesn't ship today (2 business days) I'm suppose to get refunded. As of now, it seems like the seller won't ship them, they go by eastern time so it's almost 4:30pm on their time already.

If this doesn't work, I'll just take my chances on eBay. This whole middleman thing just isnt working out for me. I don't think either company should deduct money from buyers' account until it shows seller shipped the item. They have both parties payment info so they shouldn't worry about getting their money.

Edit: just got notice through email (3 hours later) that the seller just shipped to stockx. So far it seems like stockx is more smooth and better customer service than GOAT. Sent them a message because my first time buyers code with $25 off didn't go thru and they responded pretty quick and made the adjustments. Pretty sure the shoes won't be a fake since it's just the ACG 07 KMTR, so I'll see how fast the whole process takes.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does that mean, someones reselling the tags so people can use em on fakes?

thats a known replica/fake shoe seller

they made those so now kids gonna be getting got buying fakes thinking they're from stockx

stockx uses new smaller tags now though but kids still gonna get fooled with how good some fakes are, thats just the cherry on top for the naive ones

Kinda silly anyway.. if I wasn't buying a pair from stockx directly the tag would seem sus. But yeah, those tags were replaced a couple months ago with the round ones.

Kinda silly anyway.. if I wasn't buying a pair from stockx directly the tag would seem sus. But yeah, those tags were replaced a couple months ago with the round ones.

I mean people sell legit pairs they bought from stockx with the tag still attached as proof where it was purchased and if authentic

so people will fall for it

What does that mean, someones reselling the tags so people can use em on fakes?

Hey friend, would it be possible to post photos of the JBC's?
I am thinking of using them in the future but hesitant now after hearing this news.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I made a stupid *** mistake. Sold my OVO XII @ Stockx but. ow I'm having second thoughts. I know they charge you a 15% fee if you flake, but is that all they really charge? Their site says 15% minimum. Do they really charge more than that? Smh..

Last edited:
Hey guys, I made a stupid *** mistake. Sold my OVO XII @ Stockx but. ow I'm having second thoughts. I know they charge you a 15% fee if you flake, but is that all they really charge? Their site says 15% minimum. Do they really charge more than that? Smh..

:lol: I really cannot for the life of me understand why people do **** like this :rofl:. Like really.

Ordered a Sz. 6 Yeezy 350 Copper for my gf from StockX. Got them in and immediately felt that they were not right. Sent them an e-mail with basic pictures showing them that the toe box was a bit pointed also that the tag Shape and Printing is not the same/not consistent with pairs that I purchased directly from Adidas and Footlocker. They looked over the pictures and confirmed "that they are 100% authentic". I sent back more photos and they responded again saying what I am seeing on the shoe is "normal".

I decided to dig deeper and found pretty apparent differences (see pics below). Just sent them another e-mail with the photos, will update on their response.

Last edited:
I could be wrong here but it appears you are comparing a GS size to a men's size..Generally speaking there are usually noticeable differences between the two. I'm no expert on these so you may want more clarification but that may be what's going on here.

I could be wrong here but it appears you are comparing a GS size to a men's size..Generally speaking there are usually noticeable differences between the two. I'm no expert on these so you may want more clarification but that may be what's going on here.
I know typically there may be differences between the two but at least the boost material should be the same regardless of size. Unless someone has experience otherwise, I don't believe they use different boost for different sizes. Also I forgot to mention the shape of the hang tag did not match any of my other retail pairs (compared it to 8 other personal pairs).

Either way this was StockX's response:

"Here is your return label as we will gladly take back a 100% authentic pair. Please be aware that this is a 1 time exception to our no returns policy. In the future, your only option will be to keep them, or resell them on StockX."

StockX pair hang tag. Different shape, text off center, text color is lighter.

Example of Retail hang tag

Stock. X. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom