Has anyone ever compared multiple authentic Jordans together and seen differences?

Just a question, good especially for those who might work in a shoe store and can compare multiple euthenics at the same time.. Is it possible to have authentic shoes that have subtle differences due to production date etc..? I worked in manufacturing most of my life with different industries (not shoes) but know that every production run is different and has subtle differences in color etc.. depending upon how machine was set up.. normally QC would test product and as long as it fell into a certain range..then it was acceptable.. Could this be the case? If we compared multiple authentics together without telling.would those who are experts believe they are fakes based on manufacturing differences?
I once ordered a harley davidson jacket from an eBay vender and it came from directly from China in a package with Chinese writing etc.. it was drop shipped... I went to the local Harley Dealership and saw the exact same jacket and compared the two..were identical in quality..only this one was $450 and I paid 180 for mine..
Thanks !

Ive tried to have this conversation a long time ago and it really didn't go anywhere. But to answer the question, yes I have compared releases before. The most recent double up was the Black and red 12s from a few summers ago. I bought one pair from FL and the second at Hibbets. My Hibbets pair was consistent from left and right shoe with a lot of excess glue no doubt. But my FL pair, one shoe had a super glossy finish on the outsole and the other had the dull finish matching the Hibbets pair. I don't even notice it now when I am wearing them.
But that example could be used in the conversation. Glossy outsoles fake? Dull outsoles fake? Are they production changes? Yes but both pair came a retail store within minutes of each other. So authenticity don't get questioned when you buy legit retail. That same mismatched pair will be questioned if you buy from an unheard site or ebay etc. But...paying way less than normal retail/resell value isn't safe because most of the time there is a reason its so cheap.

The truth of the matter is yes most people today probably would THINK that minor manufacturing issues does constitute as something being fake. However most of them don't know any better, and are not trained enough to spot a flaw vs a tell.. If I had a dollar for every time I've said to someone ANYTHING mass produced as well as ANYTHING manually assembled WILL have minor inconsistencies from item to item..Now having said that shoes are one of the items that fall under both areas..EXPECT it to happen with these products. A trained eye can generally easily spot today's high end fake made from supposedly "same material same factories yada yada" though. Its just not the same product. Totally different factory, comparable materials, usually made with different or older models molds and tools..This is a tell, NOT a flaw. For instance a pair of AJ11s use a certain sole mold, this mold has been slightly changed from one years releases to the next. So all of the Legit pairs are produced using mold A, where as the fakes flooding the market use mold B. This is not a flaw, it's a tell. A missed stitch, excess glue, sloppy paint etc are flaws and are to be expected. Different tooling, fonts, accessories, labels, packaging, shotty printing, colors being off on shoes and printables etc are differences in the actual manufacturing process, meaning basically a reproduction = a fake. Don't be fooled into thinking those $100 whatever's you found online are the same as the legit product being sold. I'm not sure if you had your HD coat on you at the time you saw the Legit product in store but I'd be willing to believe there were slight differences. Maybe something that would not be easily spotted like a thinner cut of leather or different leather that's not as durable, font variation, slightly color variation etc. If they were "exactly" the same as you say - then you just lucked out there IMO. Generally that will not be the outcome, especially in the sneaker world.

Back
Top Bottom