Has Anyone Ever Met A Sociopath?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Some people confuse narcissistic traits with sociopathic traits.
I agree, remember, being a sociopath means you guys have to absolutely lack moral responsibility. In other words, you're incapable of having a social conscience, which makes you very weak-minded in some aspects. 
The main difference between a sociopath and a narcissist is that the narcissist requires adulation from his peers while the sociopath doesn't need such reinforcement. Apart from that they're actually pretty similar. 
Yup, hit it right on the head.
As for the numbers you suggested in an earlier post about mental illness (depression, borderline personality, addiction, APSD, bipolar etc.), its actually closer to 1 in 4 or 25%. For those interested check out http://www.oneinfour.info/ 

Ron Artest has brought a lot of positive light recently into mental health and the treatment options for it. One in Four flyers on my school campus a lot, I thought it was interesting that mental illness is so common in society and that treatment is most of the time readily available if someone actively looks for it.

As for sociopath stuff, like I stated in my OP, only a small percentage of sociopaths go on to become killers, but its absolutely terrifying to me that people can really have no guiding conscience. 

I agree, remember, being a sociopath means you guys have to absolutely lack moral responsibility. In other words, you're incapable of having a social conscience, which makes you very weak-minded in some aspects. 
The main difference between a sociopath and a narcissist is that the narcissist requires adulation from his peers while the sociopath doesn't need such reinforcement. Apart from that they're actually pretty similar. 
As for the numbers you suggested in an earlier post about mental illness (depression, borderline personality, addiction, APSD, bipolar etc.), its actually closer to 1 in 4 or 25%. For those interested check out http://www.oneinfour.info/ 

Ron Artest has brought a lot of positive light recently into mental health and the treatment options for it. One in Four flyers on my school campus a lot, I thought it was interesting that mental illness is so common in society and that treatment is most of the time readily available if someone actively looks for it.

As for sociopath stuff, like I stated in my OP, only a small percentage of sociopaths go on to become killers, but its absolutely terrifying to me that people can really have no guiding conscience. 

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

Most decent looking girls age 15-29 fit this list
laugh.gif

QFT
but i'd stretch that bracket from puberty-menopause 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

An old friend of mine was, I cut him off.

This.. my boy for years**. grew up together. Dude stole from me last summer. Although I dont have proof, I know it couldnt be anyone but him. A notorious liar and thief, he certainly was.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

An old friend of mine was, I cut him off.

This.. my boy for years**. grew up together. Dude stole from me last summer. Although I dont have proof, I know it couldnt be anyone but him. A notorious liar and thief, he certainly was.

Originally Posted by mustbefire

Originally Posted by hymen man

It's funny 'cause the descriptions describe every single person in here I bet.

Come on now, we're all active members in an online community so this has to hold true but I highly doubt ya'll are evil.

Being a sociopath or having a mental illness does not make you "evil". I just cannot feel sympathy for anyone that I can't identify with. I can't say sorry and really mean it. There's a few stand out things that I know aren't "normal" about my attitude, thoughts, and personality.

It sucks going day to day being called crazy and things like that for stuff completely out of my control. I want more help but I refuse to go back on medication. Every one I've been on did more harm than good. Thank you Kurt Wagner for that link.

Originally Posted by mustbefire

Originally Posted by hymen man

It's funny 'cause the descriptions describe every single person in here I bet.

Come on now, we're all active members in an online community so this has to hold true but I highly doubt ya'll are evil.

Being a sociopath or having a mental illness does not make you "evil". I just cannot feel sympathy for anyone that I can't identify with. I can't say sorry and really mean it. There's a few stand out things that I know aren't "normal" about my attitude, thoughts, and personality.

It sucks going day to day being called crazy and things like that for stuff completely out of my control. I want more help but I refuse to go back on medication. Every one I've been on did more harm than good. Thank you Kurt Wagner for that link.

Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner

It has to be higher than 1 in 4. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner

It has to be higher than 1 in 4. 
laugh.gif

I see what you're saying, but that means narcissists are bound to what people think of them. So in reality, they live to please, while sociopaths...well they just do whatever they want in disregard to anyone else. The point I'm trying to make is that in this sense, that makes them worlds apart. Which send shivers down my spine to think a person can be like that with lack of support.

I see what you're saying, but that means narcissists are bound to what people think of them. So in reality, they live to please, while sociopaths...well they just do whatever they want in disregard to anyone else. The point I'm trying to make is that in this sense, that makes them worlds apart. Which send shivers down my spine to think a person can be like that with lack of support.

I'm a sociopath. My roommate is a psychopath. I should probably kill her before she kills me...

But actually my compassion for others flip flops, its on and off...

I'm a sociopath. My roommate is a psychopath. I should probably kill her before she kills me...

But actually my compassion for others flip flops, its on and off...

nerd.gif
this thread is very interesting, i never knew their could be an "innocent" sociopath........I always thought that was a bad thing when one was dubbed with that title.

how can one be an innocent sociopath when part of being one is having no lack of concern or remorse for other individuals?....like if you see someone get badly messed up in a freak accident, you just look at the situation and keep it moving feeling no guilt or shame.

far as those traits goes, there's alot of dude's out here that are locked up right now for showing those qualities when it has came down to a girl they were messing with. Too many time's have a woman has told me about a "crazy" boyfriend that has went to the extreme after she broke up with him.

I also think some people are getting being a sociopath and just not taking BS from people mixed up.

nerd.gif
this thread is very interesting, i never knew their could be an "innocent" sociopath........I always thought that was a bad thing when one was dubbed with that title.

how can one be an innocent sociopath when part of being one is having no lack of concern or remorse for other individuals?....like if you see someone get badly messed up in a freak accident, you just look at the situation and keep it moving feeling no guilt or shame.

far as those traits goes, there's alot of dude's out here that are locked up right now for showing those qualities when it has came down to a girl they were messing with. Too many time's have a woman has told me about a "crazy" boyfriend that has went to the extreme after she broke up with him.

I also think some people are getting being a sociopath and just not taking BS from people mixed up.

Freshman year of college I had a clustermate who tried poisoning his roommate with rubbing alcohol, Lysol, and Drain-O, for no apparent reason.
He was a hardcore Christian who acted righteous and like he did nothing wrong.
When he was caught he just laughed about it to other people like it was a joke and never felt any remorse.
I think he was a psychopath, but a lot of people told me he was a sociopath. Anyways, overall he's just %%%%!% up.

Back
Top Bottom