Has anyone topped their first album¿

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nay, Rotten Apple is terrible...

I guess you forgot about Im so Fly on the hunger for more

But you got the DMX right MAYBE... Comin from and Slippin prob. do top anything on its dark..

ill name a few that hasnt been mentioned

fat joe
noreaga
prince
immortal technique
AZ
cormega

Banned > The Southern Way
Too Hard Too Swallow > The Southern Way
Super Tight > The Southern Way
Ridin' Dirty > The Southern Way
Dirty Money > The Southern Way
Side Hustles > The Southern Way

but

The Southern Way > UnderGround Kingz

pimp.gif

Blackalicious: Blazing Arrow > Nia
i'm going to have to disagree there. it took me a while to realize it, but nia is a lot better, at least in my opinion. both are 4.5/5 andabove, but i just like nia more.

how about de la soul? de la soul is dead>3 feet high and rising IMO, even though 3 feet high and rising is a great album

Numerous people.

Eminem (MMLP & TES. Its pretty close though. All 3 are excellent)
Kanye (Late Registration)
Outkast (ATLiens)
Common (Like Water for Chocolate_
Mobb Deep (The Infamous)
Ghostface (Supreme Clientele)
Redman (Muddy Watters)
TI (Trap Muzik)

..you get the gist of it. I'd also add Clipse to that list. I LOVE 'Lord Willin' but 'Hell Hath NoFury' is just too raw IMO. I also prefer Games second LP over his first. I feel like on 'The Documentary', everyone else shined but him.Then on his second effort, he actually had that West Coast sound that was absent from his first. Not to mention, lyrically, he improved as well.

I say Method Man, especially if you count Blackout. Tical is hard for me to listen to, and the only song I really like off it is Bring the Pain.

Obviously.

JMT came out hard for their second album and created the greatest hip hop album of all time: Violent by Design.

AOTP's 2nd album managed to top the first, every single song was straight fire.

Many more examples....

Back
Top Bottom