Has Popa Wu been sampled?

This is driving me insane! Are the background vocals in Northstar (Jewels) from Popa Wu?

"We've got the powers to resurrect the dead"

I know I have heard a track use this sample, but sped up (in a Kanye influenced style)...Can anyone chime in on what it may be? I am going crazy over heretrying to figure it out.

it's the barry white record they sampled. papa wu only does the intro monologue.

Mellow Music 1 and 2 dont have lyrics do they? I have been checking it out on YT and Rhapsody and it has no vocals.

I found the wiki which gave bg vocal credit to Popa Wu, but I dont know if thats correct or not?

"G O D is my reality"
"we've got the powers to resurrect the dead"

Maybe I am thinking of the wrong sample but there is a track that either uses those lyrics sped up or it sounds very similar...Any ideas?

oh, actually now that i listen to this track again, that's papa wu singing. you can tell that's his voice.. plus he's not good at singing either soit can't be a sample. i don't think anyone sampled this though, it would be impossible even if they had the North Star acapella because papa wu and raeare talking over his background vocals anyway.

yep, that's papa wu alright:
  • Intro: Raekwon & Popa Wu
  • Backing vocals: Popa Wu
  • Verse: Raekwon
  • Outro: Popa Wu

nah, it's not. it clearly states in wikipedia and actually in my ob4cl booklet that it's papa wu singing. and it's pretty obvious if you pay closeattention.

Nah I saw a interview about it...He was saying some *%%+ about how it was a blessing for him to be singing on it...

Back
Top Bottom