Hasidic Neighborhood in South Williamsburg NYC is top beneficiary of Section 8 vol. scamming governm

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...n-top-beneficiary-section-8-article-1.2639120

Marriage laws in NY don't recognize Hasidics as legally married so they take advantage of these public assistance programs while they own multi million dollar businesses.  A lot of the men also work in the diamond district and earn in cash.  People think of NYC scammers as the Leons out in Brownsville and Flatbush but these Hasidic Jews should really be the face of scamming. 

You'll know am as liberal as they come but I really believe that nonsense like this should be cracked down on.

Nothing I hate more than when people who don't need social welfare, especially rich people, game the system and allow the people that really need it to be vilified.

Rent control (probably the worst housing program out there), Section 8, need to be well monitored for these loopholes to be closed and the people gaming the system be kicked off the programs for more resources to be made available.

Problem is da landlords dont discriminate against them using section 8 vouchers because there's no stigma with them...

Gentrification gonna get them too cuz as da value around them increases, it begins to exceed da voucher amount allocated for it because they could get more in da market.

That's a Section 8 building in BK?

Damn, they living phat.

And amongst their own people too.... not dwelling with real struggling po' folk.

I admire their hustle. Always have. They're such a tiny subset of the population yet they flourish.

That's a Section 8 building in BK?

Damn, they living phat.

And amongst their own people too.... not dwelling with real struggling po' folk.

I admire their hustle. Always have. They're such a tiny subset of the population yet they flourish.

Alot of it is having people in high places lookin out...

wasn't it in the news recently where this Jewish landlord got jailed for trashing someone's apartment because they didn't want to move out? all because they wanted to charge more for rent for future tenants

“There’s a cash economy and things are not done strictly according to law,” said Marty Needleman, executive director of Brooklyn Legal Services and a community advocate who has clashed with the Hasidim for years over fair-housing issues.
Hmmm
In 2000, there were 1,394 vouchers in Williamsburg’s nine Yiddish-speaking tracts. By 2014, there were 12 such tracts where 3,296 voucher holders lived.
You don't say?
A city employee testified Stark paid $48 a month in rent for his Heyward St. apartment in 2007, the same year he took out a $1.1 million mortgage on two Hancock St. properties.
Ok, stop right there. I am completely understanding of the ideology that you would rather cut your jewish brother some slack than take more money for the same property from a gentile. I'm sure this thread will devolve into the social dynamic of this but the real issue here is that this is fraud, and most likely wide-scale tax evasion.

Last edited:
Trust me. In crown heights where I grew up , there are lots of Hebrews and a lot of them live at a discounted rate.

Go to the Burg and they are in Nycha buildings at a much more discounted rate..
I've been wondering for YEARS when would this be cracked down on.

There are many people who NEED those apartments. And probably are even willing to pay more than what these fellows are paying...

But like someone said, they DEFINITELY know how to work the system.

Alot of it is having people in high places lookin out...

Extremely tight knit community. They game the system on many levels. Savy AF.

I grew up in Williamsburg. Regular cops aren't supposed to touch em. They have their own police force for Hasidic JewS

Their police only backs them up though, even if they in the wrong. Pretty sure I've read instances of them bullying others. Driving through their streets is a nightmare. Cars coming up the wrong way on a one way street, women and kids just walking on the road not even looking for oncoming traffic [emoji]128548[/emoji]

Good luck to whoever is trying to crack down on this.

This is an issues in a lot of neighborhoods around the city. Section 8 and NYCHA need more power to evict, but when it comes to court those judges are 99% of the time in favor of the resident.

Not to mention that dealing with this completely separate community in any capacity sounds daunting enough.

Last edited:
Jews are protected, was dating an Israeli chick they ALL stick together. They looked at me like what's this Mexican doing here lol

Nothing new really. They abuse the system in similar ways in Israel as well. I have Jewish co-workers who ******* despise them. They are nothing more than moochers and abusers in their eyes. Not to mention probably one of the most hypocritical of all supposed "ultra-conservative" religious sects in the world.

Maybe i need to renounce my black roots and don a yamaka...

Dudes stay doing it big.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom