Haters gonna hate Vol. Florida

This is my first "winter" in Florida. I can definitely get used to this :pimp: . I'm working in Plantation now and it's very nice outside :pimp:

Last year around this time, I was freezing my balls off in NJ. I do not miss the cold at all :lol:

This is the first time I can remember it being like this in december for a long time. Usually this weather comes in october and come nov/dec its freezing (by florida standards) lol

This is my first "winter" in Florida. I can definitely get used to this :pimp: . I'm working in Plantation now and it's very nice outside :pimp:

Last year around this time, I was freezing my balls off in NJ. I do not miss the cold at all :lol:

This is the first time I can remember it being like this in december for a long time. Usually this weather comes in october and come nov/dec its freezing (by florida standards) lol

I remember a couple of weeks ago it was like 50 something degrees. People I seen had they sweater on. Meanwhile I was in wifebeaters and shorts just Chillin. Floridians don't know what cold is :lol:

I remember a couple of weeks ago it was like 50 something degrees. People I seen had they sweater on. Meanwhile I was in wifebeaters and shorts just Chillin. Floridians don't know what cold is
laugh.gif
Lots of us do. I spent the first 22 years on my life in MN and MI. Thing is, give it a few winters in FL and you get used to it! You lose that "defense" to cold weather, if you will. Trust me! If I'm in sub 15 degree weather nowadays I'm freaking the F out.

Welcome to the easiest living you'll ever experience 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
^^

Thanks fam :pimp:

Ever since I've moved down here almost a year ago, things been looking up. Here's to a couple more winters in broward county :pimp:

Ok, so we use the AC cause it's 80 out and y'all use the heater when it's freezing out. What's the difference?

not sure if srs....

speaking exclusively on condos/apts heating comes from a boiler, has nothing to do with your electric company and in most cases the cost of oil is factored in to your maintanence/rent already....and no the cost is nowhere near what AC's running all day drain you.

snow tomorrow in NY only 3 inches tho...i love having all the seasons, IDC IDC IDC IDC

Some places central heat run on electric. When I lived in ATL my electric bill during the winter was almost as high as the summer

In the spring I need spring weather, in the summer I need summer weather, in the fall I need fall weather, and in the winter I need winter weather. Four seasons is necessary.

Living in upstate NY I feel as if i get the all 4 seasons perfectly. Throw in a vacation during the winter and its not to bad.

43°F right now outside my house. I should be studying, but its too cold think right now.

Ok, so we use the AC cause it's 80 out and y'all use the heater when it's freezing out. What's the difference?

not sure if srs....

speaking exclusively on condos/apts heating comes from a boiler, has nothing to do with your electric company and in most cases the cost of oil is factored in to your maintanence/rent already....and no the cost is nowhere near what AC's running all day drain you.
So you're gonna hit me with a "not sure if srs" then only "speak exclusively on condos/apts"? Please refer to youngdoc's post as to what I'm talking about . People don't live exclusively in condos/apts.

So you're gonna hit me with a "not sure if srs" then only "speak exclusively on condos/apts"? Please refer to youngdoc's post as to what I'm talking about . People don't live exclusively in condos/apts.

Be specific, you made a blanket statement...so I'm not sure if srs.

My bad, I'll be sure to specify next time that not everyone lives like New Yorkers.

not sure if srs....

My example was an apartment BTW

The following list took a number of meteorological factors into consideration, as well as the population size of the cities. We set a limit of a population of at least 50,000 people. Interestingly, from our original “10 Worst” list of 2002, two cities, Syracuse and New Orleans, made it onto our Worst Weather lists this year. Here are our listings for the ten cities, five each with the worst winter and worst summer weather in the United States.

Worst Winter cities

1. SYRACUSE, NEW YORK “Cold,” “clammy,” “snowy” are three great ways to describe Syracuse weather—from October through April. Winter starts very early and lasts late, with plenty of snow and extremely cold temperatures. Winter daytime temperatures average in the lower 30s, with nighttime lows in the teens, but temperatures as low as minus 25°F have been recorded. Snow also makes winter uncomfortable in Syracuse, averaging almost 120 inches per season. During the winter of 2009–2010, Syracuse was again the winner of the prestigious “Golden Snowball Award,” celebrating the city with most snowfall for the winter in upstate New York, beating out such snowy cities as Buffalo, Rochester, Albany, and Binghamton. Syracuse also made our Farmers’ Almanac “10 Worst” list in 2002. Another reason why this city makes the worst winter weather list — December, January, and February are typically gloomy, with Syracuse receiving only onethird of the sunshine possible, because of considerable cloud cover.

2. DULUTH, MINNESOTA “Frigid” is how many describe Duluth. During the winter, it’s second only to International Falls (“The Icebox of the Nation”) in terms of rank among the nation’s coldest cities. The transition to bitter winter weather is dramatic. In October, the average high temperature is a comfortable 53°F. But by December, it has fallen to 22°F, and by January (the coldest month), it’s only 16°F. An example of how extreme the cold can get here is “The Great Cold Snap of 1996” (January 29 through February 5). During that time, Duluth recorded 164 consecutive hours of below zero (°F) temperatures. On February 2, the low temperature was minus 39°F and the high temperature was minus 21°F. Duluth receives nearly 80 inches of snow, much of it as a result of cold easterly winds flowing over the western tip of Lake Superior, producing local lake-effect snowfalls. But it’s the frigid cold that gets Duluth a spot on our Top 5 list.

3. CASPER, WYOMING Snow is common in this town and has occurred as early as September and as late as early June. The average daily winter temperature is 22°F, and on average, 181 days of the year have temperatures at or below 32°F. Casper is among the top five most windiest spots in the nation. The prevailing winter wind blows from the southwest, with the emphasis on “blows.” Some wind gusts have been clocked at over 60 m.p.h. The wind has knocked tractor-trailers off interstates. As one native put it: “In the winter we have snow followed by wind, wind followed by snow, and wind and snow together. In some places the snow never hits the ground but gets worn out by the wind.” And the late Jean Shepherd wrote: “Let me tell you, you’ve never been in a blizzard until you’ve been in a real Wyoming screamer. The snow was coming down so fast and hard that I felt I was driving through a white tunnel. It got colder and colder, and my windshield was freezing up faster than the defrosters could blow it off.

4. CLEVELAND, OHIO The earmarks of Cleveland winters are cold and snow. Typically, there are an average of five days with subzero temperatures. Mean annual snowfall increases, from west to east in Cuyahoga County, from 45 to 90 inches. Winds generally blow across Lake Erie from the west and cause localized snow squalls in the city’s eastern suburbs.

5. DETROIT, MICHIGAN The hardest thing to adjust to in a Motor City winter is not so much the cold or wintry precipitation, it is the lack of sunshine. Winter days in Detroit mean an abundance of cloudy, gloomy days. The sky seems to be perpetually gray. During the winter season, two out of every three days are overcast. Clear, sunny days occur, on average, just 13 percent of the time.

I'd never live in Florida. To me, Florida is like the ugly chick who gets dolled up then gets attention and sleeps with anyone around. People only go to Florida to vacation or die. I'd never want to live down there.

I'd never live in Florida. To me, Florida is like the ugly chick who gets dolled up then gets attention and sleeps with anyone around. People only go to Florida to vacation or die. I'd never want to live down there.
Naples >>>>

laugh.gif
 @people only go to FL to vacation or die! 

Son - Don't you think there's a reason people come here to vacation and retire? I'll let you in on a little secret about those of us that live in FL... QUALITY OF LIFE. Instead of just living the vacation/retirement lifestyle for a small portion of life, I'll live it in my prime while getting my professional on. 

Last edited:
he's kind of right.

but it reminds me of early retirement.

I'd love to go when my $$$ was right and I didn't care about fashion and friends.

Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio I use to think the same about Florida until I actually gave it fair chance. im loving it down here. No regrets :pimp:

Last edited:
The weather today is :pimp: :pimp:
This is the perfect temperature for South Florida this time of the year. I just wish it was consistent all throughout winter and not just a couple of days |I

View media item 700431

Back
Top Bottom