Have any of you guys lost the passion of being a music head?

Long story short, I'm still rocking with my macbook from 2011 (still smooth as butter!), which I had 4 gigs left on my hard drive that I couldn't even update it anymore. So naturally, after deleting a few iPhone backups, I went to my 240 gig music library and did some spring cleaning. After cleaning 25 gigs which turned into 40 gigs, I just really reflected like wow, I really don't even mess with so much of this stuff anymore. With me being in my younger 30s now, I don't get down or even know probably 85% of what's hot today. Now mostly listening to a select few podcasts and sports radio in the car to and from work/gym, I don't really appreciate music like I used to especially since I lost touch the last (realistically) 3-4 years outside of the obvious Kendrick, Drake, etc.. It was a cleansing experience, but I also am also trying to go back and really start diving back into stuff in my library I maybe skimped over these past couple decades or listen to new genres (classic rock, country! Why not right??).

You aint alone. Turning 30 this year, (2011 Mac book owner as well lol) but its just not in me no more. I’ll listen to a lot of older rap and majority of the same albums now. The whole hunting for new artists/music Im cool on that task. My usual fav artists I’ll keep up with, but honestly I think the demand from work, family, and just everyday life kinda assisted in the decrease for me. Music consumed my life when I had less responsibilities but I guess now its the other way around lol

Honestly, ever since I stepped into streaming, I may have listened to more music in the past couple of months than I have in years. Love going back to listen to albums/artists that I either glossed over or gave a passing listen to. The new releases are really just a bonus.

I listen to music constantly and am up there in age. I just tend to listen to older stuff but at the same time I listen to at least a few new songs everyday.

Music and how we listen to it has changed. I find it’s made music way more disposable for current music. But if you look hard enough there’s always good music being made somewhere. You just gotta do the leg work.

I was just telling my girl the other day how I’m not that interested anymore. I don’t keep up with new music but do still have an interest in seeing a new artist and keeping up with the course of their career all while not knowing any of their music,

I still love music more than anything else, I have music playing all day. I just don't have the desire to hunt and find new artists and new music. I don't like a lot of the new music. A lot of it sounds like ****. People lazy as hell and just want something catchy with a hard beat.

A lot of R&B has rap beats, rap content and autotune. I don't care for that ****.

Still listen to new projects but fewer albums all the way through. I really miss the Virgin Megastore days back when Albums were the benchmark for artists and everything had to be on point on putting together their album down to the cover art. I'm 34 years old so I came up in the MTV so its crazy to see a select few artists that were big during that era still relevant but I think the artists after the MTV era won't have the longevity anymore like before

When my computer crashed abd all my music downloaded with it I took a break from rap for a few years.

Restored the library and took another break for a few years, even from my favorite rappers.

Occupied my time with a passion for other things; film, comics, etc.

Definitely. i use to make sure to frequent hiphop sites specifically RealTalkNY.com & OnSmash.com from the ages of 17-22. After those ages, i stopped following and just relied on Twitter to provide em with the new news and updates in the music world. I have a ton of music videos in my YouTube history that i dont even care to watch. I really dont follow artists music like i did. i'm not sure why because i'm a beat maker, myself.

Last edited:
Honestly, ever since I stepped into streaming, I may have listened to more music in the past couple of months than I have in years. Love going back to listen to albums/artists that I either glossed over or gave a passing listen to. The new releases are really just a bonus.

Couldn’t agree more.

Streaming has opened up so many new avenues for me to easily digest new music. If things were how they were when I had to download stuff and then burn a disc to listen to it in the car, then yeah, I probably would’ve tapped out by now. But limitless music at your fingertips? Sign me up.

Sports radio in the car :smokin 10-2 that's all me.

I've always been into other genres besides rap so it's hard to get bored. Definitely recommend checking out some other genres. I found that the right thing for me was to not focus on new music, I started going backwards. Majority of the music I listen to is older than I am.

I know i have. I still keep up with it but idk it dont feel the same. I dont even feel the need to find new artists or listen to old artists discographies that i never got into like before

I used to be a HUGE music head.
Like a big time audiophile.

Just too busy nowadays.

I really slowed down listening to rap.
More into indie type stuff.

I'm just going to say this tho.....

There is still music out there that will make your hair stand up the first time u hear it.

ALOT.

U just have to really search.

Life priorities...between work and family don't have the same amount of free time I used to.

Back
Top Bottom