Have you been Rescinded or heard of someone being Rescinded from a college after they were accepted?

K i'm a senior, My career GPA is a 3.8 weighted, senioritus has gotten the best of me, but when I say that I've gotten a 3.3 first semester, and will probably get something around the lines of a 3.3 too for this semester,
parents are *****in.  so my GPA is going to be a career 3.7 and my parents think that this one year, will make me lose a minor scholarship. but is that enough to take away from me, an AVERAGE senior year?

:I'm asian BTW, asian parents FTL.
and goingt to Providence College.

What happened to the person? or yourself?

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

what are you even trying to say?
laugh.gif

you need to check the details of the scholarship...some might say you need to maintain a 3.5 each semester, some might say 3.0, etc.

plus you're a senior anyway, so i'm not sure what you're talking about when you say you'll lose a scholarship...

If your a senior in college I hope that you have at a minimum learned that NT is not the place to ask about higher education and your individual scholarships.

On a side note: I graduate this semester too, and why are you stressing about a scholly if you graduate?

3.8 GPA before Senior Year.
Senior Year GPA, with one C, will bring it to a 3.6 or so.
Asian Parents.
could my admission be rescinded?
and I'm in AP english So yes i'm going to fail.

Originally Posted by cruzair13

Asian Parents.
and I'm in AP english So yes i'm going to fail
Wow, my bad on this one I thought you were talking about graduating college. Reading really is fundemental.
If you fail English aren't you gonna have to retake that class, as in not graduate h.s. and not get into college?

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Asian Parents.
Wow, my bad on this one I thought you were talking about graduating college. Reading really is fundemental.
If you fail English aren't you gonna have to retake that class, as in not graduate h.s. and not get into college?

my bad, yeah i'm a high school senior,
but naw not literally failing, AP tests are this week. so I'm not going to do well since of all the hate on my grammar here on NT.

but I have  B in AP English, I go to a Catholic School, but the C is going to Religion Class which is a total opinionated class. but yeah my bad on being clear.

if anyone has heard of people getting RESCINDED from a college after getting accepted

GPA is crucial in high school if you want to get into a premier school considering 80% of top tier applicants have a 3.9+

Do good on the SAT.

Probably not.

Nearly all my friends GPA dropped their senior year and no one I know of got their acceptance revoked. If it's a scholarship you're worried about, well I don't know it might have strict GPA requirements.. but unless you flunk your last semesters classes you should be ok. Most schools should let you retake the class and make up for it, or maybe come in early for summer.

But again, how should we know specifically your scenario and situation. You're probably just a nervous and annoying person, so try to relax. Worst comes to worst you don't go to college and become a garbage man, not the end of the world.

check with the universities you're interested in, in regards to their senior year GPA policies. various colleges have different rules when it comes to seniors maintaining a certain GPA.

good luck dude.

by the way, good lord, your original post is confusing as hell.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Asian Parents.

my bad, yeah i'm a high school senior,
but naw not literally failing, AP tests are this week. so I'm not going to do well since of all the hate on my grammar here on NT.

but I have  B in AP English, I go to a Catholic School, but the C is going to Religion Class which is a total opinionated class. but yeah my bad on being clear.

if anyone has heard of people getting RESCINDED from a college after getting accepted
I had a 4.0 throughout high school and got a @#$% load of Cs right after I got accepted into UCSB
laugh.gif
dont worry, as long as you maintain a 3.0+ youll be fine. My friend is somehow attending this school with an F in his last semester. Somehow it got overlooked by the school
laugh.gif

you won't get rescinded from college for a 3.3 gpa. Relax
laugh.gif

The only time people get rescinded are if their grades drop to Cs in a majority of their classes, but even then it's not likely.

dude your being paranoid, lol. relax. getting a 3.3 your last quarter of HS will not make them rescind your admission. And just some FYI, I graduated HS with a 2.5 went to a major 4yr university ended there with a 3.1 and I have the same degree that the kids with 3.6's and such have. And not a single perspective employer has ever asked my college or HS GPA. don't sweat it. As long as you have your degree you're fine. Dealing with your parents is a dif thing. They won't agree or understand it so just YES em to death.

The only time I heard of anyone having their acceptance taken away is when a girl from my HS got into Michigan U, and proceeded to stop going to class.

They sent her a letter at the end of the semester telling her to find a new school.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom