Have you ever invented something that already exist?

Sometimes we give ourselves too much credit.

Today I was thinking why don't Americans or a certain group start up a $1 donation and give the pot to a lucky winner to change their life. You know everybody give a little and one person gets a lot.

I was smiling like yeah...what a difference that could make in lives.

Then I realized thats basically the lottery.
indifferent.gif

that's not an invention, that's an idea. and if someone has already "invented it" then you never "invented" something. Also, most "inventions" are actually us just manipulating things which already exist in nature.

great thread though...

The real money is in reinventing something.
Take the car for instance. Japanese weren't the first to invent it, but they innovated the car and now they make a ton of money. 

Secondly, look at Apple. PCs existed for years before they grew to the company they are now. Yes they're overpriced for hardware but the software is what makes the company it is today. Stock is over $600/ share 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

that's not an invention, that's an idea. and if someone has already "invented it" then you never "invented" something. Also, most "inventions" are actually us just manipulating things which already exist in nature.

great thread though...

grin.gif
  Duhhh.

laugh.gif

I remember seeing something someone posted on yahoo answers or whatever
that there should be a place like Blockbuster, but for books....

I always think of something that could help make my life easier then see some variation of it sometime down the road
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

they have better basketball DVD's.

and they suck, the Pitino one is better

but I was cutting holes in blankets so I could still be on the computer or play Nintendo 15+ yrs ago. Who knew that would have become a multimillion dollar idea?

I'm thinking of inventing a rubber wristband that will give you better balance by infusing it with negative ions. I'm trying to get the idea patented before anyone else gets their hands on the same idea because this is going to be HUGE!

Spoiler [+]
Why did anyone think Power Balance bands actually worked

Back
Top Bottom