Have you guys ever went on a vacation.....

And have a major Jordan release that you wanted and copped outta town??? For example say your clueless of the hype in the city your in but still come out on top with a pair... I thought bout this the other day and thought that the feeling must be an awesome one.... Me myself I've never copped on vacation but would be very interested in hearing your stories fellas!!

No, but when the original black/red xi's dropped I was in Puerto Rico and I could not find them anywhere.  Except on dudes feet.  Worst feeling ever by missing out on those...

I'm gonna be in Hawaii when the Obsidian 12s drop. I've wanted those forever and i'm sure as hell not ordering at 2am online, so we'll see

I always seem to have to leave town during the XI releases, like Cool Greys and Concords, and it hurts me every time
frown.gif

I live in australia and have a hook up for releases but will be in the USA in October when the BRED 4's release. I'm not even gonna try to score while i'm there.
chance i could be in NYC when they drop so I might go head out and catch some of this camp out madness just to see it for myself.

^ why?? Cuz I think that coppin hot js outta state or country and doin wat we love is dope?? Why bother comin in the thread wit nothin to contribute??

I remember I copped the OG 21s in Virginia when they dropped, Im from pittsburgh. I believe thats the only time I ever copped something out of town.

Yes, I went to a country where no release is hyped. I easily bought many pairs in store with no line.

i live in Michigan, our idea of a VACA is going "up north" lol
i live in the metro detroit area, we went about 2 1/2 hours north.

when the white/red/black VIs came out a few summers ago i was up in i wont say the city, lets just say i was north.... asked my cousin where their mall was, she told me where it was. i hit it up early in the AM on RD. Not a single person was there so i left. Came back at like 11 am. Still had like every size. I asked the dude how many pairs were sold he said i was the 2nd person to buy a pair that day. I asked him if they got the space jams and if it was chaotic, he said yea they got em but they sat on shelves for the remainder of the weekend.

i need to start going there for big releases.

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

Wow....can't believe sjs sat for the weekend.... sounds the a great "spot" for kicks

yeah. it was one of the main chains too. dont remember if it was fl,fnl, or champs.. one of the 3.

gonna look in to it.
remember though, thats what the guy at the register told me, who knows if he even knew what i was talking about, or if he was just BSing me. But for what its worth, those VIs were sitting on shelves. They sold out where i lived..

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Wow....can't believe sjs sat for the weekend.... sounds the a great "spot" for kicks

yeah. it was one of the main chains too. dont remember if it was fl,fnl, or champs.. one of the 3.

gonna look in to it.
remember though, thats what the guy at the register told me, who knows if he even knew what i was talking about, or if he was just BSing me. But for what its worth, those VIs were sitting on shelves. They sold out where i lived..

Where was that? I live in Southfield and my definition of going on vaca is Going to south America or somewhere in the Caribbean, but I've been up north, and if the place you're talkin about isn't like a 3 hr drive I would like to know that location

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by three6mafia

gonna look in to it.

Where was that? I live in Southfield and my definition of going on vaca is Going to south America or somewhere in the Caribbean, but I've been up north, and if the place you're talkin about isn't like a 3 hr drive I would like to know that location
http://www.michigannative.com/ma_home.shtml

"Up North": common for anywhere in the state north of the middle of Michigan's Lower Peninsula, say around Alma. If yer goin' Up North, it's usually fer a vacation er fer deer huntin'.

you said your from southfield so, no offense, but i dont expect you to know what im talking about..

when i figure out what mall it was, ill let you know. my cousin lived just outside of grand rapids and when ever i go there i just say im going to grand rapids, similar to anyone that visits metro detroit, they just call it "detroit"
 im gonna look into it. add me. and when i figure it out, ill let you know.

FX35on24s wrote:
^ why?? Cuz I think that coppin hot js outta state or country and doin wat we love is dope?? Why bother comin in the thread wit nothin to contribute??

Don't mind him, if he keeps it up he may not last long. I remember when i was in California, the playoff  VIII were coming out and i didn't know any spots so i just used my boys pc, easy cop.

copped the Olympic VII's in '04 after my sisters wedding in HS. went to Cherry Hill mall in Jersey with some of my cousins since it was near our hotel, was able to get a pair later in the evening (forgot they even came out)

I was in NY the day the China Lebron 9s dropped and wasn't nearly as lucky.

I live in SoCal and was in Las Vegas this past Thanksgiving when the black/cement 3's came out (Black Friday). I went to the Galleria @ Sunset in nearby Henderson. They only had Shiekh, FNL and FL. FL didn't open until 5 a.m. but the other two opened at midnight, along with various other stores in the mall. Both shoe stores sold out within minutes of opening their doors but I copped with no problem.

^ that's cool as hell u got your pair... I thought of this topic because I gotta homie that went to Vegas for the weekend and called to tell me that at about 5pm Friday there were already ppl lining up for the xi lows and he said no chance in him copping...

last year i was in st Thomas in the virgin islands.. i randomly walked into the foot locker andthey had true blue 3s in my size.. so i scooped

Not that it was a major release but I was in Pamona, CA. visitin the in laws and the Toro Bravo pack was due to release that weekend. Long story short I woke up with no real intension of buying the pack but at the last minute went to the local mall, walked into finishline and copped. There wasnt anyone else there. Funny thing is the Toros now command a decent price.

Originally Posted by xfile 11

No, but when the original black/red xi's dropped I was in Puerto Rico and I could not find them anywhere.  Except on dudes feet.  Worst feeling ever by missing out on those...
That was my very first experience of driving all around town (in Minneapolis), from sold out store to sold out store, trying to get a pair of Jordan's.

SHARED THIS STORY B4 SO I'LL CLIFF NOTE IT...

WHEN THE GRAPE 5'S DROPPED I WAS GOING ON A CRUISE DOWN IN MIA

SNUCK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO NTMIA (WIFEY WAS HEATED)

WAS 8TH IN LINE

SOLD OUT BEFORE THE STORE OPENED.

ALL HELL BROKE OUT.

REASON OF ME NOT COPPING EARLIER MY CONNECT GOT GREEDY AND WANTED $350 THE THURSDAY B4 THEY DROPPED.

I ENDED UP GETTING THEM FOR MYBDAY THAT YEAR THANKS TO WIFEY!

Back
Top Bottom