Have you guys ever went on a vacation.....

I wasn't able to cop the Playoff 12s in person, but I had a buddy swing by my local spot and nab them for me.

Just my luck I'm going to be out of town both weekends the Olympic 6s and 7s drop in July. Will have to get dude to help me cop again, hope it works out.

I dont travel to much but these are some interesting stories. I just know a true sneaker head has back up plans for these type of situations, even if it means buying them off someones feet lol.

Was in Oklahoma City when the flu games dropped. My cousins had no clue about Jordan hype so I had to do my homework, found out the main mall was opening early for black Friday and some shoe stores were opening too but not all of them. That feeling of being in a strange town not knowing the fastest way to the mall on top of not knowing where each shoe store is is scary! Got to the mall and heads were walking out with their pairs, I knew I had missed out! Got to champs and copped the last 12! Had a smile on my face all the way back to KC that day!

Back in late may 1999, when I was 17 and clueless to release dates, I was on vacation in Hawaii. I walked to a shoe store on the strip, I forgot what store, and there they were, White Cement IV's. I freaked, because I had no idea they were ever coming back out, and bought them with the quickness. 99 Dollars! Looking back, it was very nice just being able to buy them with no issues. Im sure they had been out for a while. I still have them to this day, all beat up.

sure did. the day the military iv's dropped, the last retro, I was traveling to florida. so once i got there, got all situated, unpacked and chilled, i hit the florida mall up and was able to cop in Champs. I was surprised they were still available like 5-6 hours later, but I wasn't complaining.

edit. 

and now that you mention it, I had missed the release of the cannon lbj 9's.  they sold out on me.  i thought it was futile.  had no intention of spending the asking prices.  i happened to be vacationing in vegas back in december and they had one pair, size 12 at NTLV.  I was amazed.  this other guy had grabbed em and was gonna cop, but i guess had 2nd thoughts.  well they dont hold kicks there.  so when he walked a way, i happened upon them.  me and the worker guy were talking about em when ol dude cam back.  had the @+$ face.  dude looked like death.  cuz of course I copped them lol.  you know at NT they usually take your shoe to the register for you, eff that.  I kept a hand on my stuff.

Originally Posted by three6mafia

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by three6mafia

yeah. it was one of the main chains too. dont remember if it was fl,fnl, or champs.. one of the 3.

gonna look in to it.
remember though, thats what the guy at the register told me, who knows if he even knew what i was talking about, or if he was just BSing me. But for what its worth, those VIs were sitting on shelves. They sold out where i lived..

Where was that? I live in Southfield and my definition of going on vaca is Going to south America or somewhere in the Caribbean, but I've been up north, and if the place you're talkin about isn't like a 3 hr drive I would like to know that location
http://www.michigannative.com/ma_home.shtml

"Up North": common for anywhere in the state north of the middle of Michigan's Lower Peninsula, say around Alma. If yer goin' Up North, it's usually fer a vacation er fer deer huntin'.

you said your from southfield so, no offense, but i dont expect you to know what im talking about..

when i figure out what mall it was, ill let you know. my cousin lived just outside of grand rapids and when ever i go there i just say im going to grand rapids, similar to anyone that visits metro detroit, they just call it "detroit"
 im gonna look into it. add me. and when i figure it out, ill let you know.

. Lmao, don't make assumptions dude, I know very well about going "up north" my point is that it doesn't beat a tropical climate, I've been to traverse city and ludington to name a few familiar places, I have family in the UP, and one of my best friends went to gvsu, so I'm vaguely familiar with the gr area, and since you were in that area I will not be commuting to that mall hahaha

man i was outta town when the playoffs dropped recently. i even posted asking if i should stay in town or take the roadtrip to kentucky. it worked out. i ended up going to the house of hoops in kentucky and bought 3 pairs. I bought two size 9s for me and a 5.5 for my little sister. best decision i ever made. its crazy, this was the easiest release for me. me and 3 of my homies snuck into the mall while ppl were lined up outside. some rentacop caught us and made us go wait in line but the line was bad at all. i was probably like the 20th person in line. they were only letting us get one adult size and one kids size at a time. so i bought one 9 and a 5.5 first. then i got back in line and got another pair. if i wanted to beast i coulda probably bought waaaay more pairs but i didn't want to spend the guap and i already had an extra 9.5 coming in the mail (courtesy of Ptone). i bought 2 pairs at the hoh in kentucky cuz i was originally gonna get 1 mor 9.5 so that i could have 2 pairs but when i got there i tried them on cuz i remember the 12s running a lil big. i tried them on and sure enough they were huuuuge. im happy i bought them in person and didn't wait for my shipment to come cuz i'd be disappointed if i was stuck with the 9.5s.

My fiance lived in SF for 5 years, and every other weekend I visited her so I picked up lots of releases there (I guess you can consider that vacation)  NTSF usually has stock of stuff pretty late into the day, True SF and the Shiekhs on Market also never failed me.
I bought the CDP IV/XIX pack  in Vegas at a random Footaction east of the strip, they sold out at the major stores near the strip.

Originally Posted by prozac4312

I've never 'went' on a vacation...but I've gone on plenty.
laugh.gif

Man, you guys have got some luck on your side! Only time I've ever copped on vacation was for some Kobe 7 Easter PDF's

Well, I'm not sure if this counts really but I'm out in kansas and I went home to Augusta GA only to find some black flip 3s still there in like march at champs and used military discount and got em for 150 after tax pretty happy about that one
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FX35on24s

^ why?? Cuz I think that coppin hot js outta state or country and doin wat we love is dope?? Why bother comin in the thread wit nothin to contribute??

jeeze getting defensive like the 85 bears.
I too have thought about this idea but have never been somewhere less poppin then where i live for a release

I was just in Austin for the XI Lows. I figured it would be an easier cop online since I knew nothing about the malls. I copped two pair on NDC early in the am. Left the the hotel room visit a local mall. They were sold out in my size. I sigh and go about my day. I visit an outlet and Robert Wayne said they did get them. I make to other outlet and about 2:30 see a Finishline with various peps trying them out. Seeing it was after they would not have my size 12 but I ask anyway. They said yeah one left and I insta-copped. I asked the guy if they got them late and he said nope that they initially had a line in the am but they got so many that they still had some. He was a really cool manager.

I was just in Austin for the XI Lows. I figured it would be an easier cop online since I knew nothing about the malls. I copped two pair on NDC early in the am. Left the the hotel room visit a local mall. They were sold out in my size. I sigh and go about my day. I visit an outlet and Robert Wayne said they did get them. I make to other outlet and about 2:30 see a Finishline with various peps trying them out. Seeing it was after they would not have my size 12 but I ask anyway. They said yeah one left and I insta-copped. I asked the guy if they got them late and he said nope that they initially had a line in the am but they got so many that they still had some. He was a really cool manager. He stood and talked to me and my homie for a long time.

I can only remember being out of town for one important release date..

It was back in 2001.. I was visiting my family in Alabama for thanksgiving..

True Blue 3s were dropping.. My cousins liked sneakers but they werent up on game like that..

So they told me to just go to the mall.. My uncle took me to Madison square mall in the am..

A few stores had em.. But I ended up going to footlocker because they had the shortest line.

I was like the 10th person inline.. They let us in 3 at a time..

I copped the last 10.. 

Then I went to the Dillards and copped the fat albert platinum fubu shirt to match..

Went back to grandmas house feeling like I was winning in life.. Couldnt wait to get back to school either. 

Back
Top Bottom