Havent Posted in a long time, havent bought Js in a long long time either but I bought a pair of 8s

This 8s are barely variant quality. I couldnt resist buying them I really loved them when i had them in like 1994 I remember waiting for them to drop andlaughing at all the idiots wearing aquas, Jordan didnt wear aquas they were gross.....anyway so i bought these... They look almost nothing like the OG's,im not sure if thats by design or if JB just really has lost all ability to get things done properly They are really#%@%%#@ quality, I thought the quality onthe Vs was worse than A+++ variants, these are maybe variant, maybe... Why the clips were redesigned to fit even less of the strap? Who's dumb idea wasthat? Do they focus group at NIKE, do they wear jordans at NIKE, does anyone at JB know about the strap issue? ******ed. All the changes to this shoe were donein poor taste, the shoes feel fake, and they look like variant versions of OG's Im glad i stopped buying Js, these are becoming hoops kicks, i wonder howfast they will breakdown on the court

thanks for your contribution, but there is already a post about the VIII's and their quality.

The clips 4 the 8's are trash because one of mine bent real easy and now sticks out a little.

so?

additionally, I might even return them. I got Js ive never worn mountains of kicks that never been out the box but i might even return these......JB isnt wortheven looking at anymore as a shoe. Overall quality has dropped below to like reebok level, the point of buying jordans used to be to get the best madeshoes....its bad man real bad, i dunno why i thought they'd improve if people stopped buying for like 8 months but I guess everyone keeps buying cuz theshoes arent getting better, they are getting worse....

What is with all these quality post lately.I think the auqas and playoffs have good quality.How do you define bad quality?

I define quality mostly, by materials, texture, and color

These shoes, feel fake, by weight and texture, the clips are like mad thin sheets of i dunno what

the colors are weak, they dont really jump off the shoe, like they used to

the nubuck is thin, the pleather under the straps.....really cheap looking, that really annoyed me, they skimped on nubuck? cheap bastards

the plastic piece with the design, on the side of the shoe, that part of the shoe they ruined and defiled by making it a wack as print, looks thin to me, andreal plastically, and basically fake

the shoe hasnt been put together , well, i mean it could be worse, we have seen worse but its not good, this is a detailed shoe, probably harder to puttogether and I expect it to be well put together, like a nicer model car, its nice model Jordan and its put together on the cheap

the inside, the bootie, its not long as it should be

is short, they skimped on every material

the colors the print, it looks crappy, it looks like a copy, it looks like a variant fake wanna be Jordan

reminds me of the bootie on fake 7s....

The Jumpman on the tounge, the towel material, there is barely any....the embroidery of the jumpman itself, is thin, not thick, not enough thread used....

its just put together on the cheap....feels cheap, i have OG 8s, i mean they arent even in the same universe.....my OGs look like they were painted by hand ina German factory that makes BMWs, the retros look like they were put together by poor quality robots who scanned an image of the 8 and reproduced it, withinferior materials and inferior technique.

Most retros arent close to the ogs but these are basically knock offs of ogs

they dont even live up to retro level quality. I mean if your new to the game and a retro+ IV or V is like the quality you know about ... then it might seem okbut the first set of retro 8s the white ones and black and grey ones have better quality than these, much better IMO

OK. It looks like you have broke down every detail of the shoe to a T.I really don't know what to say.Maybe you should just buy og's or move on to adifferent brand.

ok so i took them out of the box to re-examine them....

the nubuck is pretty nice, nicer than the pleather and crap we have been getting than JB

I guess its the pebbled look of it....thats a nice touch, the rest is pretty lame

Im not kidding when i say the foam sole of the 8 on my ogs from 1993 feel looser and more flexible than these brand new shoes look

i expect the shoe to come right off the sole if i make a basketball move/cut

the shoe doesnt even have a nice new shoe smell it smells like there is to much glue in it, and it smells like plastic

Originally Posted by TopOfNewYork

ok so i took them out of the box to re-examine them....

the nubuck is pretty nice, nicer than the pleather and crap we have been getting than JB

I guess its the pebbled look of it....thats a nice touch, the rest is pretty lame

Im not kidding when i say the foam sole of the 8 on my ogs from 1993 feel looser and more flexible than these brand new shoes look

i expect the shoe to come right off the sole if i make a basketball move/cut

the shoe doesnt even have a nice new shoe smell it smells like there is to much glue in it, and it smells like plastic

Wait isn't that the same sole that has broken down and crumbled on many og's?

And I doubt the sole will come off the retros if you hoop in them.That is what they are made for.It sounds like your just nit picking and whining.

Look, i just have an attention to detail.....I care about the details, its the little things that used to take Jordans above and beyond any other shoe, notgimmicks like pumps, but nice prints on the bootie or plush jumpman, perfect seams

the details of lots of stuff is what makes it worth having....attention and skill...JB used to understand that, and i think they do when it comes to the newmodel Jordans, but I dont think they care about retros and move them like dealers move regs, its just dirt trash, its not supposed to even be high qualityanymore

and yea i quit JB awhile ago.....i bought a pair of spikes but only cuz spike lee signed them, other than that, i bought a pair of flips, cuz those wereactually done REALLY REALLY NICE, thats the sort of quality I expect, the red and white 3s werent even close to those flips in terms of quality

but i used to just buy Jays cuz I like shoes and i like nostalgia but its pointless now, i buy like european shoes, like real shoes with like real leather, Idont really do near JB classics cuz they are just to gay trendy....i basically only buy the kicks that come out with kangaroo leather or italian leather likethe stuff that comes out thats marketed as high quality who has time for bootleg quality, mass produced JB's anymore

yea thats a major problem with those OG 8s, they dry out and break apart

which is why i pointed it out, those OGs are like MAD OLD and still seem more sturdy then the retros, the retros feel like rigid, maybe cuz they are new butmaybe cuz they are made with really cheap and thin plastics instead of thick plush and expensive materials

I didn't get the playoff 8s on RD, but I might get them sooner or later. I just had a question, did u really just say that the aquas were gross becauseJordan didn't wear them? Because he wore them at the all-star game in 94 (correct me if I'm wrong). But anyway, I haven't seen them in person(except for on some1 else's feet in a mall) so I haven't experienced the quality on these. I heard the quality was similar to the aqua retros, which Ithink are nice quality wise.

well he may have wore them in the all star game, i cant confirm that or deny that, i dont remember,
but mostly they were gross cuz everyone had them, just like everyone has them now. The best jordans will always be BRED colorways, and although the aquas sortafit the retro trend of present day better than they fit the feet of every %#!@*+#%% kid who bought them to early instead of waiting for the playoffs back in1993, the aquas are hot now, i mean those colors are just pleasing to the eye and trendy but overall, they are pretty gross, how long are aqua shoes going tohot for about 2 more months maybe?

and you know

I think NIKE recognizes that fact that wearing the actual shoe that the star wears is important, just look at the HOUSE OF HOOPS commercials, when i was youngI didnt want aquas, i wanted Jordans, the exclusive ones that he wore, back then i didnt know anything about release dates but i knew they HAD to come out, ijust didnt want aquas that everyone else had, i wanted what mike himself had, i guess that cheese but thats how i felt in 93. The aquas always had a air ofwackness about them back then, and even today i feel like alot of the aqua craze is pure hype and people dont even know why they like em.....People liked JaRule at one point, they liked Cam's pink range but how hot are they now, the aquas are a lil corny, just what i think,

The grapes, those were corny too, but at least those look like lambos on your feet.

yo i wont be posting after today lock the thread delete it but i have something to say and im not saying it in a HUGE thread thats mostly alot of nonsense andtalk about nothing.. but yea ill admit im whining cuz i just hate JB at this point, they rob all of u, its a fleecing really, and there arent any real membersleft on NIKETALK its all a new class who dont even know what quality is, Jordans got dudes acting like chicks do for shoes, which is probably good for profitmargins but not good for quality or overall design, girls will buy anything if they think its going to make them cool

Jordan did wear the aquas in the All Star game
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
jordan8nbapic3.jpg

"Quality" topics. Yes, we know many of us are frustrated with the lack of quality coming out in recent Jordans, but as I mentioned before...It's been posted waaaaaaaaaaay to many times. This includes topics on shoes creasing! Here's a tip: If you wear your shoes, properly, the shoes WILL eventually crease. Get over it...THEY'RE SHOES! Unless you have a NEW and exciting idea, please don't post your blog on why JB's quality sucks...We know it. And if it's about a specific shoe that was just released, you can always use the "official" post. Or better yet, put these posts in the Sneaker Reviews Forum!
And MJ did wear the "Aquas".

Back
Top Bottom