Hawks won't re-sign coach Woodson

[h1]Hawks won't re-sign coach Woodson[/h1]

ESPN.com news services

The Atlanta Hawks have let coach Mike Woodson go after leading the team to their third straight playoffs.

30075.jpg

Woodson

Woodson's contract had expired Monday, and the Hawks decided to go in a new direction for their coach, NBA.com reported.

Woodson's Hawks advanced to the second round of the playoffs the past two seasons, winning 53 games in the regular season, beating the Milwaukee Bucks in seven games before being swept by the Magic, as Orlando recorded the largest margin of victory in any four-game sweep in NBA postseason history.

The Hawks won 47 games last season, and had improved on their record every season since Woodson's first with the team in 2004-05, when they won just 13.

But Woodson's Hawks were 11-18 in the postseason.

Stupid move imo...

Difficult to coach his team vs. Orlando when Joe Johnson already had one foot out the door.

Good move, the hawks have been average for a long time, and to keep this guy around would mean you were satisfied with that. He did a great job rebuilding that team and getting them to this point, but if they want to go to the next level his playoff record indicates that he is probably not the guy.

I understand the move, but I don't think he's gotten enough credit for what he did for the Hawks.

Originally Posted by mextra45

How Old is that File photo of Woodson ? Lmao lookin like a bootleg Steve Harvey
laugh.gif
 i was about to say ... is this a *&^$#! high school photo

Back
Top Bottom