HBO/BBC His Dark materials season 2 episode 4 Monday 12/7

Enjoying it so far. The guy crushing the girl’s butterfly was messed up. It must suck if your companion animal / creature is weak like a butterfly or the guy who had a cockroach.

Finally all cought up, that reveal in episode 3 I felt coming...wasn't really sure if they intended on revealing it just yet, either though. Ready for episode 4 now.

Show is finally picking up the pace. Not that it was drastically slow but it wasn’t near the other end of the spectrum either.

The world building could be a bit better expositioned (e.g. the daemons and their connection to their humans) but I’ve been pretty engaged from the jump because I’ve been a fan of this IP since the movie in ‘07.

Fantastic cast who’ve all been doing a great job all-around. Excited to the see climax of the first book if we get to that this season.

wish they would explain a lil more
every episode i gotta google
i had to google the bears
to get who and what they are

wish they would explain a lil more
every episode i gotta google
i had to google the bears
to get who and what they are

Same here, from what I read today (while googling questions I had about the bears) is season 2 is already filming due to Lyras age. I get the feeling that's the reason they are kind of speeding through the first season and not taking the time to expand the universe. I'm curious if we see flashbacks of sorts, or origin stories for certain characters as the series moves forward. Good show, but feels more BBC than HBO. Hopefully they can slow it down a bit. Monday nights seems a bit off too, no matter how hard I try I can't seem to remember it's on :smh:.

I saw someone say Lyra looks like Rafael Nadal as a teenage girl and I can’t unsee it. :lol:

Ruth Wilson is damn sexy as the villain,too. Kind of crazy how they threw out such a big reveal of who her parents are like the **** was nothing. :lol: In any other story, that’s a huge plot point.

was todays episode good???
no spoilers

On par with the other episodes, good but definitely feels rushed. I'm still enjoying it (kind of a sci-fi fantasy nerd though) not quite like I thought I would, but still enjoying it. Looks like a major character is introduced, a little (not much) more to Iorek Byrnison and the bears back story was elaborated on. I have a ton of questions I'm sure I'll get answers for as the season wraps up, just wish they'd have taken more time to establish things, would have really sucked me in if they had. If you've made it this far you'll like it, doesn't seem like many on NT are still watching. At least we know there will be a season 2, and hopefully it slows down a bit. I dont know much about the books, but if Lyra is supposed to remain the same, or around the same age throughout the books/series I wouldnt count on it. From what I've read is, it perfectly aligns with the books and doesn't really stray.

Late catching this weeks episode, very good. Series and some characters leveled up. Ready for episode 7, and what looks like a bear fight :wow: in the preview.

Good series going into the season finale...did expect more from the series, not to say I was dissapointed just a bit underwhelmed. Anxious and curious as to what might happen in the finale, seems like most of the storylines have been tied up. Seeing as how a season 2 is already filming, I wouldnt be surprised if we're left with a cliffhanger of sorts.

With hbogo being free right now, finally finished season 1.
asriel is cold-blooded. Killed Roger with no hesitation. Sad as hell for Lyra. First she had to see Billy Costa die, then her best friend Roger. We thought her mother was bad but asriel might be worse. Was hoping they would move the black kid in the normal world's story more forward. Thought they would show his dad was on that mountain also.

I’m on the 4th episode.. I’m trying power through..

but something is just off with it.. don’t know if it’s the actors or show runners.. Not all, cause some actors are doing work.. but man does this feel like it could be better, at least to this point

feel like dialogue should be better or something

Last edited:
Yea.. I think it’s the dialogue that needs to be significantly better

Bump

Good episode last night, should have done a rewatch of season 1 though. It was familiar, but I felt lost at times. I'll probably try and do a rewatch before going any further into season 2.

Back
Top Bottom