HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

First episode was pretty cool....sumn is off putting about anything Hopkins to me. Like there's a layer to him we don't see yet or sumn.

Absolutely. Feel that is fully intentional. They want him to be creepy and mysterious, which is part of why Anthony Hopkins was a perfect choice for the role.

At first I thought Ed Harris' character sabotaged the girls robot dad so that when he was getting repaired he was gonna start killing the technicians in the real world.

It kept me on the edge of my seat thinking things were about to get LIT. The OG movie holds up so well because of that "edge of your seat" factor, I def recommend everyone giving it a watch that hasn't seen it

i love the idea that things will escalate more and more until it's a battle for survival. also i like in the preview how the robots say they are truly free and that they don't fear death. gets at the deeper meaning it all.

You can watch episode 2 on HBOGO right now 
smokin.gif

Yeah they released it early bc of the debate. Going to wait for sunday though, i'm still digesting episode 1 :lol:

Man listen! I could watch an entire show with just Anthony Hopkins and like 2 other characters. Dude is too damn good. 2nd episode was pretty good. Super interesting the different ways they can go with this show

"everything in this world is magic........except to the magician...." [/spolier]

Last edited:
He's so good, man. You just know there's so much more going on with that character. Just waiting for it to come flowing out.

Yea, this show is amazing so far.

The only negative right now is the fact that it's on HBO and you can't binge.

I'm a big fan of ERW

She's been bubbling under the surface putting in work for years so I hope this series is the project that really puts her over with a larger audience

Yea, this show is amazing so far.

The only negative right now is the fact that it's on HBO and you can't binge.

Yeah but thats a tiny negative.
I think this story is wayyyy too complex and open for a netflix type release.
The weekly discussion and anticipation is what will make this a GoT type juggernaut for 5+ years.

I dont think a 100 million budget and this much attention to detail and mystery would work as well with 10 episodes released at once.

Us going crazy over episodes and anxiously awaiting the next episode is half the success for this show.

You guys think the AI are becoming more aware of what is going on? Example would be Mae saying when she is having nightmares, she counts backwards from 3 to 1 to wake up. You think she was able to wake up on her own, or if it was just a mistake by the guys fixing her.

You guys think the AI are becoming more aware of what is going on? Example would be Mae saying when she is having nightmares, she counts backwards from 3 to 1 to wake up. You think she was able to wake up on her own, or if it was just a mistake by the guys fixing her.

I think it's slowly building on that idea yes. And I someone is behind it, like the black rider, or the boss, or the technician. Somebody is screwing things up for some reason, as opposed to in the film it's just some random glitch.

Also, what's with the flies? They've made it a point to mention something about flies every episode, or show weird things happening with them. I think it's a way for some technician to screw with the robots in westworld without being caught by the cameras. Just my random knee jerk theory :lol:

Yeah but thats a tiny negative.
I think this story is wayyyy too complex and open for a netflix type release.
The weekly discussion and anticipation is what will make this a GoT type juggernaut for 5+ years.

I dont think a 100 million budget and this much attention to detail and mystery would work as well with 10 episodes released at once.

Us going crazy over episodes and anxiously awaiting the next episode is half the success for this show.
I agree. For a show to be truly great I think it needs that weekly episode. The rewatch(s), the discussion all week, etc make it so much more enjoyable to me.

I may be in the minority on this, but when I'm into one of the flagship Sunday HBO shows, I actually like to wait to Sunday to watch. Becomes part of my weekly routine and something I look forward to. That's why I had no problem resisting when first few episodes of GOT season 5 leaked.

^ I happen to enjoy more shows weekly, especially Sundays. So getting eps early so I can watch something else come Sunday is great.

Anyway,

2nd ep was real good. I just wanna live with Thandie Newton's tittays in my mouth. Just love her. All those lames bugging passing her up. I'd empty myself in her all day.

That McBoyle brother was bugging not smashing shorty throwing it at him before he even entered the park. I still ain't sure she was a host, could've just been horny.

Where things are going with the man in black got more interesting. Hopkins definitely programmed a deeper game in to this.

What's really good with dude in charge of the stories? Son is mad unprofessional with his anger problems. Like is his employees actually hosts and not human beings? Feel like all the cursing on the show comes from him :lol:

:lol: @ Hopkins shooting down that narrator's story. I dunno about introducing religion more if that's part of his plan. But I get with his GOD comex that there'd be some meaning to all of that.

Last edited:
Dr Ford update is giving the bots the ability to remember and feel pain, more human like.. Man in black is exploiting this thus making the bots vengeful. Thats what I seeing so far.

Finally caught ep1 :pimp: I'm very interested. Concept is cool as hell. I need to read through this thread a bit before I watch ep2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom