HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

you're right. i said pregnancy but yea, it would def take the show in a different direction. A scare. Or a miscarriage.

Miscarriage would make women look at Lawrence like he the devil. There's no coming back from that.

lawrence is not a little kid hes grown

if he cant handle what issa did then he himself need to not get involved with tasha

not just play around with someone who doesnt deserve that and has been nothing but supportive of him

tasha "creating an atmosphere" is called being in a relationship which is ultimately the goal

not to be lawrence's "rebound" because issa is a sacred person

like its funny how yall will acknowledge lawrences pain in getting cheated on

but not the pain he is constantly inflicting on tasha

for no good reason other than selfish ones

You act like him and Issa was dating for a couple of months. He just got out of a LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP, where she CHEATED ON HIM AND LIED ABOUT IT. Anybody who isn't hurt by that or need time to recover is likely a sociopath.

You can't be in a relationship with somebody when the other person isn't in it. She acknowledge they weren't exclusive so how was this a relationship again? She knew it wasn't, he knew it wasn't. She just hoped that if she could ignore the red flags that he'd straighten up in the process.

They done acknowledged that L-Boogie hurt Tasha. Hell, dudes in here was ridiculin' him for hurtin' Bank Teller Bae. He was wrong and it sucks but she saw all that bull and still pushed forward.

You see a dog barkin' and foamin at the mouth, do you think if you make kissy noises and talk slow he's gon calm down and cuddle up to you? Nah, this ain't Disney fam

only if the kid is Lo's. She out here now raw dogging dudes in her complex and getting okcupid d

his gettin out of a relationship is no excuse once he and tasha started up

if lawrence was truly about getting over issa and being cheated on he'd be a better person for tasha's sake

her sticking to weekends doesnt preclude the idea that its still leading to what she thinks is a relationship

her "shrugging it off" was her pride being hurt that he smashed issa again

you notice they aint smashed since and when he tried she ignored him without shutting him down

now he dont get no more *** until he commit and shell see what if he really care about her

all those stupid mistakes are lawrences stupid mistakes too

Nobody is saying Lawrence didn't make mistakes. You keep latching on to that when nobody has said that. He did. Problem is she could've avoided all this if she wasn't...what do I say? Stupid.

Someone getting fresh out of a relationship is a red flag for anybody. Nobody wants to deal with that. I learned the hard way and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Now if she is that stupid to think that getting smashed regularly on the weekends without seeing him the other days and thinking that's starting a relationship, then that's her fault. Another reason why females aren't truly that bright.

Pride or not, she's still an idiot for trying to give something like cheating a second chance. Women are notorious for giving second chances when they know better. But maybe they don't.

We don't know if they aint smash since. We just know he didn't smash that time

I could understand if these were late teens, early to mid 20's, but she they are in their early 30's. She too old to not understand this.

nah yall trippin

tasha a good one she aint do nothing wrong

what issa did aint got squat to do w tasha

"he was in long term relationship, hes hurt :rolleyes"

saying tasha dumb or stupid is just not right given the circumstance

she been supportive and patient from the beginning

Lawrence was still hurting and recovering from a bad break up. She seen the injuries and scars and ignored them and thought if she could just keep him working out and the boo-boos would go away.

You don't think he was damaged after that break-up?

nah yall trippin

tasha a good one she aint do nothing wrong

what issa did aint got squat to do w tasha

"he was in long term relationship, hes hurt :rolleyes"

saying tasha dumb or stupid is just not right given the circumstance

she been supportive and patient from the beginning

Well, I guess you would take a girl back after she just admitted to sleeping with her ex. More power to you.

im not sayin that he cant be hurt but she aint stupid for trying to help him past it

whether it be weekend smashing

or making things more serious

like you say at a certain age you aint ****** just to **** no more

so if lawrence is sustaining this over months instead of cutting

its not her fault for tryin to advance things with the picnic

thats not stupid on her part it puts an end to lawrences perpetual motions

it was ultimately an ultimatum and he did a good girl wrong

you youself iamdef iamdef said tasha should "help him past it"

so if weekend smashing dont get it done what she supposed to do?

bring a friend?

Well, I guess you would take a girl back after she just admitted to sleeping with her ex. More power to you.

what how you get that?

im lookin at it like let a girl/tasha have got cheated on and now you/lawrence tryna smash

how long you tryna wait until she "gets over it"?

like i said they heavily implied that since he told her about issa they havent been ******

and by the same token i guess its cool to smash your ex after she cheats on you?

She not stupid for trying to help him past it, she's stupid for moving so fast and expecting things to be fine at that point.

He just slept with his ex and you admitted y'all aren't exclusive so why are you inviting him to your family reunion? And callin' him baby/bae/babe in front of family? If y'all aren't exclusive them titles in front of family give off the wrong vibe and would confuse anybody who thinks you both understand you are not exclusive.

So she could have taken his "I'm not looking for anything serious right now" statement and said ok, but I can't keep doing whatever it is we are doing. Whenever you are ready for something serious, I'm here. But nah, she wanted to act like he breakin' up with her when they weren't even together.

She coulda gave him that speech when he told her he slept with Issa

what how you get that?

im lookin at it like let a girl/tasha have got cheated on and now you/lawrence tryna smash

how long you tryna wait until she "gets over it"?

like i said they heavily implied that since he told her about issa they havent been ******

and by the same token i guess its cool to smash your ex after she cheats on you?

Because that's what it boils down to. She had it admitted to her that he smashed Issa. And she decided to forgive him for that and try to continue it. Again that's her problem.

Tasha didn't get cheated on when they weren't even in a relationship. They were just f******. She knew that from the beginning. And she thought it would transform into something else. Again, that's her fault for ignoring the signs.

that whole "not exclusive" bs is because he didnt want to do the right thing and put her in a proper relationship

there is no reason issa or anything she did should have any effect on tasha and what goes on in their relationship

she wasnt some girl he met in a club she apparently knew him for some time and prolly always had a thing

its not moving fast when this is months past the incident

like she been waiting how long do it take damn

they both knew what that bbq meant and she gave him the opportunity to decline

that was tacit acknowledgement of the expectation

so because he went back and smashed issa now tasha gotta put all her plans on hold?

like all the time they spent dont mean **** cuz he went back and smashed issa?

she tried to help him past it he dont want the help he wanna pawg

*sign reads "Rough Road: CAUTION" *
Tasha: Okay, I can make it, just gotta stay positive

*gets flat tire and pulls over just before exit*

Tasha: ^(!#! (@$@$&^ dammit....well lemme change this tire and I'll just keep goin', I'll be fine

*hits pothole and blows tire and bends rim*

Tasha *&^# this road!!!

that whole "not exclusive" bs is because he didnt want to do the right thing and put her in a proper relationship

there is no reason issa or anything she did should have any effect on tasha and what goes on in their relationship

she wasnt some girl he met in a club she apparently knew him for some time and prolly always had a thing

so because he went back and smashed issa now tasha gotta put all her plans on hold?

The n**** didn't wanna be in a relationship to begin with. That's like half the point :rofl:

Now is he wrong for ignoring that she may have actually liked him? Yes, he is, but again, she's ignoring all the red flags that have been previously mentioned.

Yes all the time they spent dont mean **** cuz he smashed issa.Lawrence and Tasha knew each other for whoever knows. Him and Tasha been together for years. Again, Tasha is too damn old to ignore that, along with other things.

she chose the words "not exclusive" not him. She created that verbal box.

There are a number of reasons what Issa did can have an effect on his future. Namely being after dating for years SHE CHEATED AND LIED TO HIM. That will effect practically EVERYONE.

Don't matter

Wounds don't heal after a certain time. Could take months could take years. Either way, if he's not correcting you saying he doesn't want to be "not exclusive" he not ready to be committed to.

Don't matter

They both know what "not exclusive: mean to tho

YESSSSSSS. HE F***ED UP, WHY CONTINUE LIKE ISH IS COOL WHEN IT AIN'T? CAUSE SHE GOT "PLANS" LMAO

It's some men who cheat that need you to speak on their behalf

you make it sound like as soon as lawrence dumped issa tasha asked him for a ring

like what more do she gotta do?

she played it about as well as someone could and yet she still stupid because she not lookin into lawrence soul

if he could **** her repeatedly he could claim her and give her a title

but he wanted it both ways all the privilege with none of the responsibility

she give him time give him space and still its not enough

she give forgiveness and she namecalled for it

she give him the opportunity to meet her family, be his own man and grow

experience something new and unfamiliar with his own ppl

instead he chose to stick what he knows, go out w the white girls and **** it up

just like w issa and his reluctance to wife tasha

*sign reads "Rough Road: CAUTION" *
Tasha: Okay, I can make it, just gotta stay positive

*gets flat tire and pulls over just before exit*

Tasha: ^(!#! (@$@$&^ dammit....well lemme change this tire and I'll just keep goin', I'll be fine

*hits pothole and blows tire and bends rim*

Tasha *&^# this road!!!

:lol: :lol: this pretty accurate

Let's keep this clear tho, in this situation Lawrence is MORE wrong. He shouldn't be smashin' anybody all willy-nilly and not stating up front that he doesn't want anything serious or exclusive and he should have declined the family reunion invite because that's not a f***-buddy event, that's serious.

BUT

Tasha knew he was in a relationship, she found out when she came lookin' for "batteries" and he told her. What kind of conversation they had about her before he smashed we don't know but she knew he was in a relationship and he smashed not too long after that convo. I thought everybody knew not to be the "rebound" but she either didn't know or thought she or he was too special to be the case. If that's not stupidity then I guess a softer way of putting it would be naïve.

It took me a year or so to get past my ex before I was "exclusive" with my wife when we were dating. Situation was very similar only difference was after I told her about me extra activities I gave her my whole attention and stopped foolin' and talkin' to other women and we made it official about 6 months later.

SMH yikes

How you get this when he broke up with Issa (black woman) and was just smahsin' Tasha (also black)

im saying he got hurt by a black woman (issa)

and instead of treating the next black woman (tasha) better

he decide to **** it up for the (white) women

He didn't mess anything up with anybody tho. He went to a party. Although white women were the majority it wasn't even about them it was about escaping that family reunion. You can tell by his "music at the park" question/concern that wasn't his scene. Hell you saw him lookin' lost with them kids runnin' around. He wasn't even comfortable in that setting.

And you can tell Lawrence was still hurt/not ready for a relationship with the fact that he slept with Issa. You break up with the woman you dated for years because she cheated and you sleep with her again you are not ready to move on. No love doctor, psychiatrist, life coach would suggest anybody just press past that happening

as far as him being uncomfortable at the picnic i look at like an opportunity to expand his horizons

as well as be around his own people

i look at it more like lawrence is person who prides comfort and status quo above all

like you say hes hurt he got cheated on, but i dont think its pain from love for issa that he felt betrayed

as displayed by his club night with his friends its more of an ego/perception issue

his going back to issa was instinctive and indicative of his affinity to stick to whats comfortable, what he knows

in his longterm relationship with issa he was free from expectations of more

now with tasha he know he gon have to step it up and give actual effort to make her happy

like staying at a bbq is not even asking a lot cuz when is he gonna see those ppl again?

tasha was as understanding and patient as someone could be in that situation

remember she didnt pursue lawrence he initiated it

like i said i jus hope she gets a good dude thats going to treat her how she deserves

Back
Top Bottom