HBO's The Night Of

I think the lawyer has some good intentions but is more inclined to go for the game of the case than exonnerating Naz.

I feel like she's gonna **** up at a key moment with something Naz doesn't want with the case and then Stone will find his way back on it.

I kinda feel like Stone is grimey enough to take those other cabbies as clients for a bit :lol:

I'm calling it. There's a camera in that deer eye.

She ran a sex house and had a john who went crazy.

Bruh, there's only 8 episodes. Huge drop off from the pilot episode.

Can someone fill me in as to why the new woman lawyer will do the case for free? Is it for the recognition?

Basically.

Feel like episodes 5-7 are gonna be filled with too much. And the final episode will be all over the place trying to tie everything up in an hour.

Y'all think the show will end on episode 8?

Y'all dude's still think this is some mystery whodunit.

It's really not. You'll get your answers but it's not gonna be complicated.

If anything I wonder why have 8 eps instead of 6. They'll either be padding things out or just made sure they have even more time to tie up everything.

For anybody who wants an idea I'd again suggest banging out the few eps of Criminal Justice S1.

Last edited:
UK can do a series in 5 eps no problem.

8eps domestically though, like a Run-on sentence

Never joined a thread like this, figured this would be cool and it'll keep me interested in this show.

I think the Deer is a waste of time, could be totally wrong but I think they just keep emphasizing it because of the obvious reasons. Every viewer in the world is gonna think that thing has a camera in it. I think no camera, I actually find it funny because Nas looks like a wide eyed deer in headlights all the damn time. I think the blood is hers, because she seems sick enough to rub her own blood on the deer after she cut herself or something along those lines.

Murder weapon won't match the other wounds on her body. The handprint on the steps will match the knife Nas had but none of the other wounds on her body. This may be a reach or it may be from watching CSI a lot.

Crowe taking the case added another dimension to the show. This was awesome, mainly because she doesn't give a damn about Nas all she really cares about is the media attention and the attention that this case will bring to her firm. Thought the two very vast perspectives of the lawyers scene after scene was another awesome thing. One side a lawyer who is willing to take a person of color who barley speaks hindi to try to build some personal bond, taking advantage of your soon to be clients. On the other side you have one worried about buying socks, the right colored socks,t-shirts, and other essentials also making sure he has money in his commissary.I took this as a book smart vs. street smart kinda thing. I think Stone is interesting because he was at the right place at the right time and he clearly was in over his head taking this case, but he doesn't think Nas did it. 

Am I reaching here? prolly.. step dad smashed out step daughter. Did he get her killed? nah. This chick knew she was going to die, death was all around her, i.e the Hearst. She was living for one night, the whole "I can't be alone tonight". At that point I was like Nas need to dip now. The killer won't be a serious reveal, I think it'll probably be wack. The case unravels because of box, he is in too deep. Evidence mishandled, the inhaler on the bed, him picking up the inhaler and giving it to Nas long after photos of the crime scene were already taken, Nas gets off cause of something like this. Box also knows that Nas looks innocent and it'll hurt in front of a jury and its something the show keeps telling us. Everytime a new cop sees him you can tell that are saying to themselves "what the hell is he doing here". The Cat is key, but like @Brandon3000  said key in the sense that it shows she wanted Nas to stay and put the cat out. Allergies is what brings the cat into play.

Stone -> Cat -> Allergies-> realization that Nas has allergies when he was writing down if he takes any meds in the first episode-> asks Nas about the inhaler -> Nas says I have it -> Stone says how the hell did you get it -> Box. 

Nas did it. He'll get off...and reveal a sinister side. Possibly the neihbor had something to do with it.

Bodie and his man are too obvious. The guy driving the Hearst to obvious as well. Hell, it could be the white kids Nas kicked out the cab for ole girl

Last edited:
Nas did it. He'll get off...and reveal a sinister side. Possibly the neihbor had something to do with it.

Bodie and his man are too obvious. The guy driving the Hearst to obvious as well. Hell, it could be the white kids Nas kicked out the cab for ole girl

What kills me about bodie is the "you were walking up the block alone"?

Pause.... "Yeah...... Yeah I was lone"

That was weird to me

What kills me about bodie is the "you were walking up the block alone"?

Pause.... "Yeah...... Yeah I was lone"

That was weird to me

street code.

why implicate your friend if you don't have to.

I just took it as him not putting his friend in the mix.

Bodie a weirdo. What kinda street ***** walks up on a murder scene...and starts talking to the boys :lol:.

That's a no no

Bodie a weirdo. What kinda street ***** walks up on a murder scene...and starts talking to the boys
laugh.gif

That's a no no
He's a moron. Now they have him in their hands as a potential witness.

There are lots of characters and clues from the first episode that have not been addressed again in the past 2 episodes. How much will they get to by the end?

I understand if they leave some things unanswered, but I really hope they're not pulling a Lost here where they lure you in with mystery and then it turns out none of it was relevant.

Even if his eczema ends up being a critical part of the case, at this point it's still too much airtime and dialogue about his feet. The doctor scene, the group therapy scene, the crisco scene, every dialogue he has with someone ending with "how's your feet?"

Nas's uncles, or whoever the two guys running the cab business with his dad are, might be calling Stone to try to get their cab back on the grand theft auto charge, which will end up hurting Nas's case. Might play a role in Stone getting the case back somehow, gaining the trust of Nas's dad maybe when he refuses the case and lets his dad know what they're doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom