HBO's The Night Of

The shady ME said the length and width of the stab wounds are similar to the knife they used to play that finger stabbing game.

They never found an exact match but that knife stuff isn't as accurate in comparison to ballistics.

What I love about the show is that you still aren't certain if Naz did it or not.

there were points I was like damn, maybe he did and damm. He didn't.

A part of me wishes they told us and at the same aspect I'm glad they didn't, it leaves us open to decide his fate.

Much like a jury would :nerd:

“The Night Of” kept fans riveted right up until the show’s Sunday finale, which offered a mostly satisfying ending for Riz Ahmed‘s character, Nasir Khan. But the actor told TheWrap that producers toyed with other possible outcomes for the HBO limited series.

“There were a couple of possible endings and I won’t disclose what they were, but we went through a couple of different versions and I think the final pick was the best,” Ahmed told TheWrap on Friday. “It’s like this bittersweet ending, it’s the same but not quite the same for Naz. It was this bittersweet survival story.”

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain Naz didn't do it.

If only from a storytelling perspective.

As far as evidence in show, he was completely clean with no blood on him. That makes no sense even if he was lying.

I mean he killed her, managed to get no blood on him, then took a nap in the kitchen? Then started panicking when he sees the body?

Even if it's a split personality is that personality Dexter or something? No blood on him, kills her but stops there so his other side can deal with the rest? What did he plan that whole I don't remember defense too? Doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
I want to see the unaired pilot from 2013. Maybe it will be included on the blu-ray/dvd

Last edited:
The main reason i wouldn't think he did it was intent. Just doesn't really have a reason. But i don't recall if he had a reason for pushing that kid down the stairs either. They mentiomed him getting bullied after 9/11, but i don't know if that kid was involved

The show clearly shines when providing commentary on the justice system, and falters when it plays the detective angle. The show is at it's best when you don't know if he did it or not.

they definitely left the bullying thing in a gray zone where you could either judge Naz as being violent or empathize with him for putting up with bullying.

as for the possibility that Naz did it... it's possible the girl asked him to stab her somewhere during sex, and with so many drugs he got carried away, maybe having flashbacks to being bullied. but i can't imagine how in that state of mind he keeps all the blood off himself, among many other things. so i think it's next to impossible he did it. the show was highlighting the fact that it didn't really matter. if we were jurors -- based on the evidence presented by the prosecution and with nothing else to go on, we would think the complete opposite -- that it's next to impossible he didn't do it.

Last edited:
is it me or Ksteezy says the stupidest ish? i mean he likes the damn walking dead and the damn stupid character that carol is.

People are to dumb too see the bigger picture as to what makes this show good. then again this is NT

Last edited:
One thing I was wondering was what was up with Naz's boy snitching on him in court with the adderall? And then the stare-down between the two of them at the end I was waiting for something bigger to happen.

is it me or Ksteezy says the stupidest ish? i mean he likes the damn walking dead and the damn stupid character that carol is.

People are to dumb too see the bigger picture as to what makes this show good. then again this is NT

That's one of the dumbest things i've ever read. "Good" is subjective no matter the show. You can't pretend to be apart of some unique intelligentsia and say some **** like that. 1st sentence is a given though.

Last edited:
maybe i do feel that way or maybe thats just really how it is who are you to say whats right?

Nah, you're not right about that part.

What's good is subjective not objective. Claiming ppl are just too dumb to see some bigger picture is an excuse to explain away ppl not having the same opinion as you. It doesn't make it true and even if there was some bigger picture it doesn't make the content good.

What exactly makes this show "smart" that is shining light on how prison does more at creating a criminal than rehabilitating them?...woooowww MINDBLOWING discovery.

The show started off as a crime solving mystery, it was misleading all the way to the end, when it ended up being far more simple than what it had us believing it was for 7 episodes....at the end we got a lazy conclusion to Naz's trial due to the fact that it was so rushed and so much time was spent on irrelevant crap.
-the cat
-stones feet
-his eczema anonymous meetings
-the deer head
-the dads friends drama

To name a few, the show literally could have shaved major minutes on all those things....at the end we find out the crime was literally irrelevant, this show was about Naz and his character transition...we thought it would be deeper, we thought it would have a crazy twist, show ended up being extremely simple and unsatisfying...least to my taste....

You loved it, good for you.

Yeah, but if you take out all those things it's just one long *** episode of Law & Order

The situation between the dad and the other cab owners at one point escalated to the point where Nas was going to catch a 2nd lawsuit. That would have thrown a nice dramatic monkey wrench into Nas and the plot

I still think there was a camera in the deer head

The cat served its purpose for Stones and his family problems. Dude was alone and that cat filled a void. Not a major point in the story, but still didn't take anything away from the storyline.

His feet didn't serve a real purpose, but they didn't take away from the story either

Everyone is looking for the "killer", but the show isn't entirely about the murder.

Show was decent. I'm glad they didn't catch the killer

Last edited:
Law & Order had its strengths but even if you took out those things it'd still be better than the episode(s) they would with the topic.

They rarely go in depth with covering what it's like for the suspect to go through the system and how it affects his family in several levels. L&O tends to sum that **** up.

I'm not understanding why you guys aren't believing/understanding that they told us who the killer was :lol:

He lied about everything in regards to knowing her and then all those pictures they had of him that night including the one at 3AM with him dumping the bag into the garbage....we literally got everything besides seeing the murder weapon in his hand at the end.

Turturro's closing speech 
eek.gif

Nightcrawler was the first film I saw him in 

This show is the second thing I've seen him in. First episode I was like isn't this the same kid from Nightcrawler 
laugh.gif

He looks completely different with a shaved head though 

Back
Top Bottom