HD Channels Appreciation

The Road Trip Shower Scene Was Looking GREAT!
I Can't Stand Watching Regular TV Anymore!
When Will MTV Go HD? .
DVR + HD Movies = Revolutionary
TNTHD & UHD
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
They Play All the 90's 80's Classics

Cox Needs To Implement Them Premium Channel HD On Demand Menus Thou They're Slippin Hard With That.

Why is it that the channels that aren't HD look horrible? Like all grainy and such? The same channels on a reg tv with cable are more clear

^^its possibly because your HDTV isnt meant to be viewed in SDTV not unless you have the proper processing chip inside.

That's because your TV is probably better at upscaling analog signals that come from your cable that your hd box is a upscaling standard def or analogsignals on its own.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Why is it that the channels that aren't HD look horrible? Like all grainy and such? The same channels on a reg tv with cable are more clear

your big screen lcd cant display the normal broadcast in its current form. the bigger your tv is the worser the pic will look cause it distorts it.perfectly normal.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Sports in general just look so amazing in HD
pimp.gif
It sure is great!....I also want FSC in HD I was watching games online and they looked better then what I get on myHDTV.
frown.gif

Yeah i finally got my HD DVR box back in January and i could never go back to standard def channels. I had standard for like half a year on my 40 inch LCD andit looked horrible. Playoffs about to start and with baseball season just starting i'm set.

Originally Posted by StreetZDreaM

You Have To Have The HDMI Cable Thou, Without It Your Not Experiencing The REAL DEAL HD.

Um almost all if not all cable and satellite providers only have HD maxed at 1080i so HDMI is not necessary. Component cables will do the exact same thingas an HDMI cable would at that resolution.

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

You Have To Have The HDMI Cable Thou, Without It Your Not Experiencing The REAL DEAL HD.

Um almost all if not all cable and satellite providers only have HD maxed at 1080i so HDMI is not necessary. Component cables will do the exact same thing as an HDMI cable would at that resolution.

roll.gif
I Do Tend To Speak Out My **@ Sometimes But Im Wasted
pimp.gif
, But I Could Swear It Looks A Tad Cleaner Is That At All Possible?

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Um almost all if not all cable and satellite providers only have HD maxed at 1080i so HDMI is not necessary. Component cables will do the exact same thing as an HDMI cable would at that resolution.

Yeah I found that an HDMI cable didn't do much for the picture, but it is more convenient to use one cable instead of the 3 component cables...
Butanyways, it's definitely appreciated. I need to watch more HDTV, and the PVR is ridiculously handy.

Def appreciated..

Since acquiring my 37" LCD last summer, I can't stand watching regular channels. I watch almost all the CBS crime dramas just for HD LoL..I'mcurious when more popular channels will go hi def? ESPN, TNT, TLC, HBO and a few others already went the route..

On that Feb 19th due date for everyone to switch over to digital tv odes that mean that all channels will be in HD if you have the service?

Back
Top Bottom