HDMI Cables...What Brand is Good? Does the brand really matter?

Hi Guys! Just bought a 40 inch Samsung HD TV for the Superbowl this past weekend and bought the Ultra 800 Monster Cables ($149.99
grin.gif
) to go with it...Does the brand really matter? What about Rocketfish, Dynex,Rix? Any help would be appreciated...Thanks in advance! Have a GREAT week NikeTalk!

you got got.
monoprice.com
digital is digital. you either get the signal or you don't. name brand has no bearing on the quality of the picture.
a $6 cable from monoprice will be the same picture quality as your $150 monster cable.
take them back.

-J-

Like the other people said, go to monoprice.
Complete waste of money spending anymore than that.

YEAH MONOPRICE IS THE WAY TO GO. That were I got my HDMI cables. Paid 24 buck for 3 HDMI CABLEs.

^^^Will do! Thanks! I knew I could count on you guys. I will return them...and then go buy some KICKS!
tongue.gif

The golder the cable, the better your picture.

Gold sends digital signals much better than any other metal, so it clears up the picture.

I bought 2 25ft cables for $90 overnighted...Thanks again guys!
laugh.gif
you've been had again. check. the higher price willgive you higher quality, but the margin in difference vs. price diminishes exponentially. Once you get to a certain point where you're paying a certainprice it's not worth the minimal jump in quality. just get something thats gold with insulation. Shouldn't take more than about 30$ to do the trick.

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

I bought 2 25ft cables for $90 overnighted...Thanks again guys!
laugh.gif
you've been had again. check. the higher price will give you higher quality, but the margin in difference vs. price diminishes exponentially. Once you get to a certain point where you're paying a certain price it's not worth the minimal jump in quality. just get something thats gold with insulation. Shouldn't take more than about 30$ to do the trick.

^^^not really...I actually NEEDED 2 (two) 25FT HDMI cables and I got each one for $39.97 each for a total of $90 shipped overnight...so I can return theone (that's 1) I bought for $149.99 plus tax...

In the end, what would have cost around $362 for two, cost only $90 so I'm happy...Thanks again guys!

Actually, when you get into the longer lengths, better connections and quality of materials does make a difference. but probably not big enough to tell

Return them! You can get HDMI cables for way less on the internet, but congrats on the 40" Samsung HDTV!

Actually, when you get into the longer lengths, better connections and quality of materials does make a difference.

this man speaks the truth. and it just so happens that it's about at 25ft that you might need the higher quality.
so my "digital is digital" statement is true, but with a limitation.
why do you need a 25ft hdmi cord if you don't mind me asking?
is your tv way the hell on the other side of the room as your cable box?

-J-

Monoprice as other's have stated.

smh.gif
at myself had a nice HDTV for over a year and still haven't got cables or a HDTV box as yet.

Disgusting on behalf of myself.

Yeah I heard when you start getting into the longer cables, the picture starts looking crappy. I just got 2 10 footers.

Yeah the longer the cable the more "noise" and "distortion", correct? I forget what it is since it's been so long since I've had tohave more than a couple feet of HDMI/Component/etc

Originally Posted by JBug88

Actually, when you get into the longer lengths, better connections and quality of materials does make a difference.

this man speaks the truth. and it just so happens that it's about at 25ft that you might need the higher quality.
so my "digital is digital" statement is true, but with a limitation.
why do you need a 25ft hdmi cord if you don't mind me asking?
is your tv way the hell on the other side of the room as your cable box?

-J-

^^^It's in my bedroom and the bed faces the TV and there's not enough room (2 1/2 feet) at the foot of the bed (Cali King). I put the Home Theatresystem receiver and Dish Network receiver on top of my dresser next to my bed. I got to run the cables around and underneath my bed to the TV...I would liketo put it closer to the TV but getting in and out onto my balcony would be a pain...

Back
Top Bottom