HDTV and Blu-ray help!

Originally Posted by JPZx

Alright well I got some opinions on this but more wouldn't hurt..

I have a 1080i Hi-Def 50" Sony TV..will Blu-Ray still look phenominal?

yes.

you'll still get the high definition you expect, only interlaced rather than progressive scan.

it's not that big of a difference, to be totally honest, since the refresh happens faster than you can see, anyway.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Alright well I got some opinions on this but more wouldn't hurt..

I have a 1080i Hi-Def 50" Sony TV..will Blu-Ray still look phenominal?
It depends how far you're sitting from the display, but here are some big comparison photos. King Kong DVD vs King KongHD-DVD. Granted all DVD rips and HD/Blu-ray rips aren't equal, but you should notice a difference.

I played Wanted on my Blu-Ray and it wasn't like i was blown away then i played Transformers and though it was a little better. Does the Blu-Ray playerplay a big role in image quality as much as the HDTV would?

Actually, that is true that not all Blu-rays and HDTVs are equal in terms of quality. That's a significant factor too.

Example of a bad quality Blu-ray: Entrapment

i got a sony bravia kdl40v4150 i dont think its 120hz its more 60hz... its a great tv for gaming and just watching regular cable but the bluray is notimpressive at all
smh.gif
... but i guess i should be gratefuli even have a hdtv at all
laugh.gif
... i got it for a real good pricethough
pimp.gif

Watch the Dark Knight on blu-ray, specifically the Imax scenes and you'll be blown away.

Too bad the tv is set to the torch mode and has hella image artifacts, that really don't make it good. If you really want to judge what a tv looks like,don't watch them in showrooms. Watch a calibrated tv, it doesn't guarantee you will like it but the image is going to be accurate.

Originally Posted by MiteeMark

I played Wanted on my Blu-Ray and it wasn't like i was blown away then i played Transformers and though it was a little better. Does the Blu-Ray player play a big role in image quality as much as the HDTV would?

it's a combination of the two.

the better the TV and player, the better it'll appear.

Originally Posted by eddiee21

Watch the Dark Knight on blu-ray, specifically the Imax scenes and you'll be blown away.

I have Dark Knight, which scene would you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom