HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

23lcxas.jpg

Sorry if the pic is big. Usually just run xbox on top, tv bottom though.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yes. Run ur HDdvr Cables into the recording device defined for input 1. Then turn ur recorder on input 1. And the channel that's showing on ur HDDVR should show on ur recorder.

That's how I used to get all my gifs n avys.
Straight from hddvr to Dvd recorder
Ok so I took all those cables from the HD Cable Box and put them into my DVD/VHS Player + Recorder.

Now anytime I turn on my DVD Player I have to get out of the HDMI2 Section and just go to the TV Section....so I do that now when I go the Input options on thePlayer/Recorder it says AV1, AV2, DV & Channel 3.

Channel 3 shows what I was watching but not in the HDMI mode because like I mentioned earlier I have to get out of that to get to my DVD Player/Recorder. Sonow it shows what I was watching but not in HD and those Input Options I mentioned before all are Black Screens and nothing happens.

Do any of you plasma owners have problems with burn in? I finally realized that plasma has better picture quality but I'm just scared about the burn in.I'm planning on getting the panasonic TH46PZ80.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

We are almost done with our home theater system

46" Sony Bravia XBR5 LCD

Denon AVR-2809CI Receiver
http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4484.asphttp://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4484.asp

Definitive Promonitor 1000 speakers/center
http://www.definitivetech.com/Products/products.aspx?path=Speakers By Serieshttp://www.definitivetech...th=Speakers By Series|ProCinema%20Series&productid=ProMonitor%201000

Definitive ProSub
http://www.definitivetech.com/Products/products.aspx?path=Subwoofers&productid=ProSub 1000http://www.definitivetech...p;productid=ProSub 1000

Wii, PS3 and 360.

We just need to get a nicer blu ray player
But you have the PS3, that's the best blue ray player on the market

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yes. Run ur HDdvr Cables into the recording device defined for input 1. Then turn ur recorder on input 1. And the channel that's showing on ur HDDVR should show on ur recorder.

That's how I used to get all my gifs n avys.
Straight from hddvr to Dvd recorder
Ok so I took all those cables from the HD Cable Box and put them into my DVD/VHS Player + Recorder.

Now anytime I turn on my DVD Player I have to get out of the HDMI2 Section and just go to the TV Section....so I do that now when I go the Input options on the Player/Recorder it says AV1, AV2, DV & Channel 3.

Channel 3 shows what I was watching but not in the HDMI mode because like I mentioned earlier I have to get out of that to get to my DVD Player/Recorder. So now it shows what I was watching but not in HD and those Input Options I mentioned before all are Black Screens and nothing happens.

Maybe its your recorder. I dunno. I hooked mine with the red/green/blue wiring into input slot on my DVD recorder and the picture comes thru on the "VideoInput 1"

eek.gif
Pioneer no longer making Kuro Plasmas

Originally Posted by rjones416

Do any of you plasma owners have problems with burn in? I finally realized that plasma has better picture quality but I'm just scared about the burn in. I'm planning on getting the panasonic TH46PZ80.
I want to get a plasma as well but the burn in is what is keeping from buying a plasma.

Plasmas are cheaper and the picture quality is super.

Any newer plasma owners out there want to give us a little story on how your plasmas are holding up and what model you have?
smile.gif

My Plasmas are fine.

Im experiencing a lil Burn in (its visible when I turn on the TV with no input and the screen is all black) with my Panasonic but its around 5 yrs old and itsstrictly for my ps3 games now.

My LG Plasma is almost 2 yrs old now and its holding on Nicely!

pixel orbiter FTW.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

it's a very, very good Blu-Ray player, but it is not the best one on the market.

the PS3 does not bit stream the HD audio formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio. one of the recent firmware upgrades provided support for theseformats,
but the PS3 will not bit stream them. it will only output them in Linear PCM.

i just got a Sony stand alone Blu-Ray player and was able to do a side by side comparison.

video between the 2 players is nearly identical.

however, the audio between the 2 is noticably different.

Originally Posted by osubass1

it's a very, very good Blu-Ray player, but it is not the best one on the market.

the PS3 does not bit stream the HD audio formats like Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio. one of the recent firmware upgrades provided support for these formats,
but the PS3 will not bit stream them. it will only output them in Linear PCM.

i just got a Sony stand alone Blu-Ray player and was able to do a side by side comparison.

video between the 2 players is nearly identical.

however, the audio between the 2 is noticably different.
details of this other blue-ray player?

Anyone know when the new samsungs are coming out? Im trying to get the A950 but waiting for a price drop.

finally got my tv mounted after like 8 months
laugh.gif
- hows everyone hidingwires?

i need to cop some shorter hdmis for starters....then what? wheres the best place to get those wall colored covers?

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

lol not quite, it's the best on the market at that price point maybe but there are way better out there. But you'll pay for them.

Originally Posted by Kartoon2005

Do any of you plasma owners have problems with burn in? I finally realized that plasma has better picture quality but I'm just scared about the burn in. I'm planning on getting the panasonic TH46PZ80.
I want to get a plasma as well but the burn in is what is keeping from buying a plasma.

Any newer plasma owners out there want to give us a little story on how your plasmas are holding up and what model you have?
smile.gif

Same here. I need some input. I might buy a plasma from circuit city. Somebody please school me aka cliffnots

to those who have a 120hz lcd, enjoying it much? i'm looking at the samsung ln46a650 right now, pretty dead set on it. but their ln46a550 is looking prettygood with it being $400 less.

Recycled
Originally Posted by Wordy Dirts

Anyways heres some shots of my setups.

This is my current #1. 52 inch 6th Generation Samsung (Leave my small speakers and blank walls alone
laugh.gif
)

32inch 5th Gen Samsung doubling up as my monitor.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by Kartoon2005

smile.gif

Same here. I need some input. I might buy a plasma from circuit city. Somebody please school me aka cliffnots

Though the differences are becoming less noticeable, if you care about accurate picture, color, and black levels, plasmas are the way to go. Having owned both,I can def. say that I enjoy the picture quality of a plasma set over that of an LCD. Many times, an LCD set will give you a bright, vibrant picture, but whatyou may sacrifice are accurate black levels. The deeper the black level, the more correct the rest of the color spectrum. Plasmas also show less motion blurand artifacting, though many of the new 24fps/120hz LCD sets have eliminated that problem. A good buddy of mine has the Samsung "Touch of Color" LCDset and it looks amazing, but personally, I still prefer my 11th gen Panasonic 1080p plasma. There is really no burn-in AT ALL anymore in any of the higher-endplasma sets, what you may find is what is called "image-retention" which means that a static image will be present for a few seconds after you changethe video source. Remember this is not a defect, but a natural transitions of the phosphors in the picture tube. Hope this helps. Oh, and I would look atCostco for your plasma, or LCD (if you chose to go with it), they have very good deals this time of year b/c the new models roll out in March, and you may beable to find a set you like for several hundred less than one of the B&M stores. Hope this helps.

Just picked up a Sony KDL46Z4100 yesterday.
Beautiful set.
Love the thin bezel. (its surface area is like 90% screen)
It's sittin on a stand that's much too small for it right now
but it'll suffice until i do over my room in March.
no pics tho

Very happy with the purchase- ima have to upgrade my sound system now.

btw i was coming from a vizio vx37l. (this tv was very good to me)

Back
Top Bottom