Healthy Grocery list. vol. Hey Brahs

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

brown some shallots in a skillet with olive oil, add diced/shredded brussel sprouts, then broccoli and chopped garlic, followed by some shredded cauliflower, crack 2 eggs on the side, mix it in with brown rice and spinach and boom. you have an extremely healthy and extremely filling and extremely tasty bowl of slop. add whatever meat you want as well. i eat this errday.

lol pics?

Get on that Insanity. I'm in the same place you are with that. You gotta cop some Pb2 though. Works in everythin and allows you to have a sweet tooth without the fat or sugar. Basically they roast peanuts, then dehydrate them and press the oil out or something thus removing 90% of the fat, same with cocoa. I hate that I never see it in stores though. You can make "chips" out of Kale that are really good and good for you, I been trying to do the apple/banana/pineapple, etc chips but I always messed them up because I thought they had to be dehydrated but I just realied it has to be baked in olive oil. A dehydrator is good thing to have though to make snacks like trail mix and I make my own beef jerky out of lean cuts of beef and steaks.

I always do well in terms of my diet then at like 10:30 when I should be getting ready to go to sleep, get magnetically pulled to Sonic and order a bunch of crap and undo my whole day as far as that goes. FML

51xHBGn9nNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Get on that Insanity. I'm in the same place you are with that. You gotta cop some Pb2 though. Works in everythin and allows you to have a sweet tooth without the fat or sugar. Basically they roast peanuts, then dehydrate them and press the oil out or something thus removing 90% of the fat, same with cocoa. I hate that I never see it in stores though. You can make "chips" out of Kale that are really good and good for you, I been trying to do the apple/banana/pineapple, etc chips but I always messed them up because I thought they had to be dehydrated but I just realied it has to be baked in olive oil. A dehydrator is good thing to have though to make snacks like trail mix and I make my own beef jerky out of lean cuts of beef and steaks.

I always do well in terms of my diet then at like 10:30 when I should be getting ready to go to sleep, get magnetically pulled to Sonic and order a bunch of crap and undo my whole day as far as that goes. FML

51xHBGn9nNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Everyone has been telling me get on insanity before starting a gym routine, how has it been for you?

I got the new Sports one, it's hard but it's only about 45 minutes is what I like about it. I can do it, because despite gaining tons of weight, I am still decently athletic. Some people would find this one to be too hard and should maybe do the regular one. I live by myself so I got a big !%% elliptical and a vertical knee raise station chilling right here in the living room. No excuses for me no more.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

brown some shallots in a skillet with olive oil, add diced/shredded brussel sprouts, then broccoli and chopped garlic, followed by some shredded cauliflower, crack 2 eggs on the side, mix it in with brown rice and spinach and boom. you have an extremely healthy and extremely filling and extremely tasty bowl of slop. add whatever meat you want as well. i eat this errday.

lol pics?

aight. 

i1jkfs.jpg

Originally Posted by Skateboard

Get some fresh ground beef from a local butcher, pick up some green onion, fresh tomatoes, pepperachino peppers and some lettuce. Homemade hamburgers trump all
pimp.gif

I don't really mess with bread like that.
I'm planning on copping a rice cooker, you gys know any good rice meals? Lol Rice and Veggies get old.

laugh.gif

C'mon man.. You dont gotta front for us...

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by Skateboard

Get some fresh ground beef from a local butcher, pick up some green onion, fresh tomatoes, pepperachino peppers and some lettuce. Homemade hamburgers trump all
pimp.gif

I don't really mess with bread like that.
I'm planning on copping a rice cooker, you gys know any good rice meals? Lol Rice and Veggies get old.

laugh.gif

C'mon man.. You dont gotta front for us...
I can't give up bread. I compromised by switching to sandwich thins.
orowheat-sandwich-thins.png

LuckyLuchiano wrote:
CJ863 wrote:
LuckyLuchiano wrote:
I like grilling fish on the Foreman joint, but I heard eating fish multiple times a week is bad for you (mercury or something)
And with Turkey, I mean only thing I can think about doing with turkey is turkey burgers.

You guys ever eat buffalo burgers?

And what are you guys thoughts on "organic" foods and spots like Whole Foods? I usually just shop at Publix, which is top notch imo compared to Krogers and stuff.

Plenty of things you can do with turkey. Use it in spaghetti, chili, tacos, ziti. I prefer shopping organic too (earth fare, new
leaf market). Publix is also a good alternative and they've been adding organic selections lately. Stay away from fried & processed

stuff, drink plenty water, get your veggies in and 30-60 mins of exercise daily and you're good. 
glasses.gif

Word, eating healthy isn't the issue, I guess it's more so being creative, because just eating a grilled meat and veggie gets old. 
What are you guys thoughts on red meats? I LOVE Steak, but I hear mixed things. I hear you shouldn't eat much of it unless you are bodybuilding, so I was going to cut down to steak once a month, but then on the flip side I hear it isn't bad.

Its a source of protein thats higher in fat and cholesterol than salmon, chicken or turkey. If you're trying to limit fat or cholesterol intake then limit the red meats.

Back
Top Bottom