Healthy men's products: shaving, showering, etc vol. spinoff

lil update: I used the Art of Shaving kit just now. The best shave I've ever had (but I have to qualify that, I've never had a shaving using a badgerbrush and oils etc). I shaved with and then against the grain and my face isn't falling off so that's a good sign. It didn't feel perfect but italso felt a lil awkward so I know it'll get better with practice, that's also why it took me 10 minutes cause I had to keep spot checking and touchingup.

BTW for those using a brush to lather, go easy on the shave cream at first, it's deceiving how much you get out of a small amount and how much gets hiddenin the brush. If you ever need more cream just squeeze it out of the brush using your index and thumb in an 'o' and squeeze out.

Yo I got a problem with shaving. Every time I shave when my facial hair is fairly low, ie 1 or 2 days after a clean shave. I suffer from mad bleeding mostlyon my neck I think its from ingrown hairs. But when I wait 3 or 4 days untill my facial hair is grizzly I can have a nice close shave with no bleeding/bumps atall.
Is there anything I can do?

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Yo I got a problem with shaving. Every time I shave when my facial hair is fairly low, ie 1 or 2 days after a clean shave. I suffer from mad bleeding mostly on my neck I think its from ingrown hairs. But when I wait 3 or 4 days untill my facial hair is grizzly I can have a nice close shave with no bleeding/bumps at all.
i have the same problem ....i switch back to electric shaver IMO Panasonic WET/DRY shaver works best ...i had Braun and Norelco and they dont workas good as the Panasonic.
pimp.gif

The electric shaver wont shave as deep as regular razor blade, but its clean enough to get through the day ...and allow to let it grow for the the next morningto shave again w/o getting bumps and bleeding.
happy.gif

Yo I got a problem with shaving. Every time I shave when my facial hair is fairly low, ie 1 or 2 days after a clean shave. I suffer from mad bleeding mostly on my neck I think its from ingrown hairs. But when I wait 3 or 4 days untill my facial hair is grizzly I can have a nice close shave with no bleeding/bumps at all.

that's why I just spent $25 on a mini-shaving kit. these products are made for a reason. pre-shave oil to soften skin and let the blade glide, shavingcream to lubricate, and after-shave balm (alcohol-free) to stop irritation. just the fact that it doesn't bleed when you take a few days off says it all,you have heavily irritated skin that needs to heal, if you shave properly with a sharp razor and use a good after-shave you won't have that problem.

how do you shave now? it should be with the grain first, re-lather, and then against or across the grain. in grown hairs are sometimes the result of goingagainst the grain right away. if it persists just go across the grain or at a slant, not directly against the grain.

don't forget, shaving is basically taking a super sharp blade and passing it over your skin multiple times, if you don't do it right bad things happen.

I use the Fusion blade, replace the razor whenever the strip turns white. Usually lasts me 4 or 5 shaves. Also I shave against the grain 100% of the time.

Gotta peep one of store stores seems interestin
nerd.gif
also anyone recomend any lotions for dry skin? I be gettin OD dry skin...

screw razors that use cartridges like fusion, mach 3 etc. very very expensive and doesn't shave as well as a double edged safety razor. i own a few DErazors and the blades are much cheaper for a lot better quality. my all time favorite shaving method is a straight razor ive got about 3 of them and its by farthe closest shave you'll achieve. no irritation, no bumps, nothing.

as for shaving creams using a badger hair brush check out Dr. Harris, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Geo F.Trumper (my absolute fave), Proraso, The Gentlemen'sRefinery etc. they all make quality shaving creams that lather well and the array of fragrances are awesome.

my all time favorite shaving method is a straight razor ive got about 3 of them and its by far the closest shave you'll achieve. no irritation, no bumps, nothing.
This.

I've gotten one once, and it's really hard to explain. It was like a therapy session, as well as the best shave I've ever had.

Thinking about it makes me want to get one soon. I haven't been clean-shaven in at least six months; it might do me well to start from scratch.

This is what works for me. I use a straight blade.

1) Take a shower.
2) Exfoliate. Use any exfoliater with beads because that'll open your pours. This is a huge step, I almost never get any nicks or irritation as long as Iexfoliate.
3) Hot water, and shave with the grain.
4) Hot water, shave against the grain.

I started off with the traveling size kit of Art of Shaving....it added up to about the same cost as I was spending elsewhere. I didn't want a bunch ofchemicals for shaving so I figured this would be a good alternative.

I've since gotten the full set (at least with the $25 coupon in my kit) and it lasts a long !++ time. The badger hair brush should last years, but theoverall material (I shave 2-3 times a week max) lasts months.

Cop your razor blades at costco...mine lasted about a year.

i was just at the mall a few days ago and passed by The Art of Shaving Store and some dude had what looked like a hot towel over his face and he was gettinready to get shaved. I was thinkin of settin up an appointment and givin it a try. Has anyone done that?

av_A05M_162.jpg

My girl got me this recently, and its great. Really soothing (no alcohol) and a refreshing ginger-like smell.

^ I haven't gotten a shave from the store but they did offer it to me, I have the price card right here: roayl shave $55, traditional shave $35, haircut$40 (%+@?), scalp treatment $35, moustache trim $15 (and they spell it like that), and they also have aroma therapy and head shaving etc.

as far as the $25 sample kit, that contains probably 1/4 of the amount of the normal kit you can buy it at Nordstrom, saks, their store if you're near one,or online at amazon, theartofshaving.com and nordstrom.com. I would pick amazon if you're in no rush, free ship and no tax FTW.

my secret: Cetaphil moisturizing lotion.

1. wet face
2. rub substantial amount of Cetaphil moisturizing lotion all over face
3. shave
4. use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion as after shave

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

This is what works for me. I use a straight blade.

1) Take a shower.
2) Exfoliate. Use any exfoliater with beads because that'll open your pours. This is a huge step, I almost never get any nicks or irritation as long as I exfoliate.
3) Hot water, and shave with the grain.
4) Hot water, shave against the grain.
Ok, I'll try this tonight. I last shaved Saturday night so im about at that stage.

thanks for the video, but man i love my beard man, i dont like that look with no hair on my face, makes u look BRAND NEW, i just dont like it ..

Back
Top Bottom