Heisman finalists

Bradford: 1726
McCoy: 1604
Tebow: 1575
Sam Bradford's biggest score: the Heisman Trophy.
Oklahoma's amazingly accurate and quick-thinking quarterback won the Heisman on Saturday night after guiding the highest-scoring team in major college football history to the national championship game.

A year after Tim Tebow became the first sophomore to win the Heisman, Bradford became the second and kept the Florida quarterback from joining Archie Griffin as the only two-time winners.

Bradford, who leads the nation in touchdown passes with 48, received 1,726 points. Texas quarterback Colt McCoy was second with 1,604 and Tebow -- who received the most first-place votes -- was third with 1,575 points.

The only other time the margin between first and third was smaller was 2001, when Nebraska's Eric Crouch beat out Florida's Rex Grossman and Miami's Ken Dorsey.

Sam Bradford
sb.jpg

passing
4463 yards, 48 td, 6 int, 68.3% cmp
rushing
5 td

Colt McCoy
colt-mccoy-pictures%20%2813%29.jpg

passing
3445 yds, 32 td, 7 int, 77.5% cmp
rushing
576 yds, 10 td

Tim Tebow
tebow.JPG

passing
2515 yds, 28 td, 2 int, 66.2% cmp
rushing
563 yds, 12 td

I'd give it to McCoy, didn't have the weapons around him that Bradford and Tebow had, lead his team in rushing touchdowns too. I don't thinkthere's a wrong choice here though.

*edit, maybe this dude should've gotten an invite too. sure he didn't have a great game in the L against oklahoma, but the whole team got scraped.he's definitely not a front-runner like the above 3, but an invite would've validated all those pinball-scoring offenses texas tech has had under mikeleach. apparently he played the 2nd half against baylor with two broken fingers on his nonthrowing hand. i'm impressed. his team had 1 loss, just like theothers, and he put up big numbers. he should've been invited, even if he wasn't gonna win

Graham Harrell
080723-Graham%20Harrell-vmed-430p.hlarge.jpg

passing
4747 yards, 41 tds, 7 int, 71.5% cmp
rushing
6 tds

I'll have to go with Colt
pimp.gif

doing more with less: he's been playing without a TE and a decent running game all year

It's gotta be Sam Bradford imo.

edit:

roll.gif
yall see Mike Leache's reaction on Harrell gettin left out of thefinalists

colt ....but for some reason i wanna see tebow win it winning 2 in a row would just just b nasty
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just saw on sportscenter that Harrel isn't even a finalist...WTH?...he is just as deserving as all the other QB's. They all had the same record andthe stats are all kinda similar...and did we forget about the game winning touchdown pass that he threw against Texas? Or are we all caught up in the 40 pointloss to Oklahoma?...there is no reason why he should not be a finalist...

Harrell should have been in the running just to make it 4 but he wasnt going to win anyways. i think they should wait until the OK v. FLA game to decide whogets it.

I'm a hardcore UT fan, so you know where my vote is going to go and it's for the same reason the OP stated. McCoy carried a young UT to an 11-1 recordwithout any major offensive weapons like Bradford and Tebow. He deserves it more.

FYI- Offensive weapons aren't necessary when the opposing team sucks at defense. My little sister could win a Heisman in the Big 12.

Originally Posted by nezbit

FYI- Offensive weapons aren't necessary when the opposing team sucks at defense. My little sister could win a Heisman in the Big 12.

so you're saying texas only won their games because all 11 opposing teams have terrible defenses?

You an SEC fanboy? I swear dudes find any reason to be mad at the Big 12 for being the best conference this year. As if poor defenses is why we have the mosthigh powered offenses in the nation.

Back
Top Bottom