Help a Brotha Raise Funds to Fight Diabetes: Walk This Sat 10/24 at Nationals Park

Gentlemen (and the few women on here),
I rarely create threads, but this one means a lot to me and is close to my heart. I am helping to raise money for Diabetes Research to find a cure and we arehaving a Walk this Saturday October 24th at Nationals Park @ 10:00 AM (approx 2 miles, and registration begins at 8AM). Please support me/my team as we walk toraise funds... One of my REALLY good friends recently lost his pops to Diabetes and it hit us all really hard. This is the 4th year that we are participatingin the event as a Team (6th year overall) and we are very close to reaching our goal. Please help us out in any way you can, either by donating (any amount isfine) or by walking on Saturday. Please visit the link below to donate. Hopefully I can count on my NT "brothers/sisters/brethren" to help. Thanks alot folks. PM me with any questions/concerns.
http://main.diabetes.org/goto/bryanfernandezhttp://main.diabetes.org/goto/bryanfernandez

MY MAN!!! Hitting close to home......I am a Type 1 Diabetic, and raise thousands and thousands of dollars a year for JDRF. Anyone that is able to donate, if all you got is $1, anything can help! This is a tough disease to work with. Thanks B Fresco for putting this out here. Any helpwould be greatly appreciated!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good stuff B Fres....as this also is something that affects alot of my family. I have about 7 or 8 Aunts and Uncles that have "The Suga" and a fewcousins my age.. so it def hits close to home. This and Breasticle Cancer Research is my big causes and hope everyone depending on their Family and life takeup a cause even if it doesnt apply to BC or the Suga.. cause you dont have to have it for it to hit close to home.

Whats with the Walks all startin at Nats stadium anyway.. lol

You guys campin out or is it a one day walk?

ROck its just a morning walk and it has typically been on the mall/capitol hill in the past, but is at Nats Park this year. It takes 40 mins tops, and is agreat place to bring the kids/families as there are plenty of activities, free fruit and water (for participants) as well as live music...

I hope some of you can donate, so I'm calling heads that I know personally: EOH, HARM, SHabooyah, PAT, Fransanity, CharmCity, KSmith, DKVCU, ANTHONY,CPaulo, iCan, LaVan, Allan Houston, SHuman and all you other cats (could start namin names but YOU might not recognize ME, although we've met) I reallyneed/hope you guys can contribute... Any little will do... $5, $10, $20 (less than you'd spend at a club one night most likely)... Please help in finding acure for diabetes.... My Boy's pops passed recently and it was a DEF blower... Let's not let that happen to the next generation... You can donate atthe link below, thanks fellas/ladies... BTW, i'm not getting anything for this, just in case their is some hesitation to donate, thinkin im gonna make somecake off this... This is Strictly to help fight this horrible disease... LET's DO THIS!!!
http://main.diabetes.org/goto/bryanfernandez

BTW, thanks to EZ Primo for donating (rookie at that)

Yo neu, thanks for the donation my dude, it means a lot!! Hope to meet u at a future DAR, first round on me... Let me know if u plan on going to the walk onSat...

I'll be out there.

I'm with "neukicks" completely. I downplay it since I got officially diagnosed, but it's a life changer -- literally.

Being told there is no cure, and it was NOTHING I could have done to prevent it, is even more depressing...

But still I rise...

EOH and anybody else who knows somebody with diabetes. Please read the book EAT TO LIVE BY DR.FUHRMAN. It will change your life if you have or want to preventdiabetes. It will change your health in general. Diabetes is mostly based on your diet. Since following this book instructions I have lost 30 plus pounds, nolonger eat meat (only fish) and feel alot better. A close family member of my who has diabetes followed the book and it has change her life. The book evenaddresses cancer prevention. The medical industry are pissed with dude for writing the book.
B Fresco I will def make a donation.

I made a donation, I don't have the disease but it affects a lot of people close to me. Good luck reaching your goal

Originally Posted by tactusjack

EOH and anybody else who knows somebody with diabetes. Please read the book EAT TO LIVE BY DR.FUHRMAN. It will change your life if you have or want to prevent diabetes. It will change your health in general. Diabetes is mostly based on your diet. Since following this book instructions I have lost 30 plus pounds, no longer eat meat (only fish) and feel alot better. A close family member of my who has diabetes followed the book and it has change her life. The book even addresses cancer prevention. The medical industry are pissed with dude for writing the book.
B Fresco I will def make a donation.

Yes, you can prevent TYPE 2 Diabetes, Type 1, you can't.

NT Fam,
I just wanted to personally thank you all for helping fundraise for this great cause. Although it rained the walk was a success as my team/org raised close to$5500 (second place in clubs/orgs) for diabetes research. I came in third place in our team thanks to you guys. It was an emotional day as we remembered thelife of my boy's pops (his whole fam was there) but we know that a GREAT contribution was made towards finding a cure.

I want to thank the following NTers that contributed, as it was KINDLY appreciated:
EZ Primo (my brother from another mother)
Neukicks (luv the AM collection)
Ghost703 (thanks for the support)
Lavan Emanuel (photog extraordinaire)

Thanks fellas, karma will definitely repay your kindness...

B Freezy

Back
Top Bottom