Help A Brother Out!!! Living In Northern Cali?!

Whats good NT Brethren.... So I'm looking for all my nocal folks help...

I just got a gig in santa clara cali and I gotta make this move by like april 16th.... I need suggestions on places to live, I'm from new york and not familiar with northern cali AT ALL! Initially I was looking in santa clara & san jose but its real expensive in these areas and I'm now hearing its not that exciting either. I'm hoping to find a spot that a little less pricey and more busy in terms of activities and women 
devil.gif
. My budget is like 1500-2000 and I'd ideally want a 1bedroom-1bathroom.

I spoke to my manager earlier today and he suggested

- palo alto
- east palo alto (now I'm hearing its SO HOOD)
- mountain view
- san mateo
and mountain view city or something like that. Any help would be greatly apprciated!!!

pimp.gif

for those of you who been thru this area or live in nor cal let a bro know what the deal is... my budget is decent so... 

is it really that bad? I keep hearing its bad but daaaamn. My manager said it is kind of like harlem in that it has a rough history but is slowly being built back up and I could probably get a better spot for a better price. I def didn't expect it to be so bad

you can get a spot in that price range in santa clara or sj. have you tried craigslist? i would stay away from east palo alto. it's pretty much boring in all those cities. you dont want to live in sf?

Originally Posted by DMan14

you can get a spot in that price range in santa clara or sj. have you tried craigslist? i would stay away from east palo alto. it's pretty much boring in all those cities. you dont want to live in sf?

I'd love to live in SF but my gig is in santa clara about 10 minutes from the san jose airport... the hike back & fourth from work really wouldn't be worth it to me. As far as I know its about a 1 hr 15 minute drive. thats 2 hr's and 30 minutes a day out of my schedule. I can do up to 30 minutes, anything more is out of the question. 
I mean out of all the places I could stay in that area NONE of them have any action? Right now I'm living in the bronx and I'm from miami so I'm used to something going on. I don't need club liv on sunday but anything is better than nothing you know.

I wouldn't move to EPA, out of your manager's suggestions I'd go with Mountain View.

Mountain view, Sunnyvale, Palo alto, Cupertino, Campbell all great places to live in san mateo is a little far from where you work and San jose isn't bad at all but there are some ugly areas. STAY AWAY FROM EAST PALO ALTO! If you need any help just HMU i live in the Mountain view/Sunnyvale area.

Originally Posted by Rick2345

Mountain view, Sunnyvale, Palo alto, Cupertino, Campbell all great places to live in san mateo is a little far from where you work and San jose isn't bad at all but there are some ugly areas. STAY AWAY FROM EAST PALO ALTO! If you need any help just HMU i live in the Mountain view/Sunnyvale area.

def expect a PM some point soon. 
So based on all of your responses I'm assuming none of these places are really more exciting than any of the others basically, correct?

OP East Palo Alto is not where you want to be. I'd recommend San Jose, its where I'm from. I got a bunk bed available for 200 a month, pm me if you're interested.

No seriously San Jose is the place to be. you have everything you need.

Originally Posted by walk with me

Originally Posted by Rick2345

def expect a PM some point soon. 
So based on all of your responses I'm assuming none of these places are really more exciting than any of the others basically, correct?

There all nice places to live in and all close to hot spots like San jose, and SF is only 40 mins from most of em so not bad. But if you'd want a more exciting town San Jose would be the place to go with it has a good club/bar scene and the women
pimp.gif
 but if your looking for nice places to live in Mountain view, Campbell, Cupertino, and sunnyvale would be it.

I didn't find EPA to be really really bad like most of my fam put out to be..
..but then again, I'm from Cleveland 
laugh.gif

Out of all those cities you named though, I would definitely look into San Mateo (I think it's perfect because it's the mid-point between SF and SJ), Santa Clara (I love that city) or San Jose (the women 
devil.gif
x
smokin.gif
).

1500-2000 range? You're good fam. You'll find a nice comfortable place in that range. Find yourself a chick, and you'll love the Bay.

I work in Santa Clara and live in San Jose. 1500-2000? You should have no problem finding a place close to work.  Typically when people transfer out to Silicon Valley their company puts them up in hotel for a few weeks. If that is the case I would use that time to get acclimated to the area and figure out where you want to live. While we have a transit system it is nothing like new york (light rail and buses), so you may want to consider a place close to those stops or use a car.

Just tell those EPA gangsters you know Lil Gato. They'll walk away or buy you lunch.

Live in San Jose and try looking for an apartment near the Evergreen Area. 

Originally Posted by zube42

I wouldn't move to EPA, out of your manager's suggestions I'd go with Mountain View.
This.

Santa Clara and San Jose are nice places to live too. Well, stay away from East San Jose at least
laugh.gif

lmao @ this thread!!!

so yall got me not even wanting to check EPA anymore, I'm def scratching that off my list. You guys are definitely confusing me some though, my manager basically made it sound like San Jose is a corny college town and Palo Alto is where all the action is. He also made it sound like EPA is on the come up, kind of like harlem so it wouldn't hurt to look there for some cheap sports. But you guys keep mentioning girls being in san jose and thats going to be a big influence factor for me.

key factors right now

- quality of women & quantity of quality women
- availability to basketball leagues/courts
- convenience to get to work

whoever recommended that I ask my hotel to put me up for a month, I have already arranged that situation. For those of you who have been to harlem, would you compare EPA to harlem at all? Only reason I ask is because thats what my manager said. I'm just wondering if that was a good comparison or not lol...

Originally Posted by walk with me

lmao @ this thread!!!

so yall got me not even wanting to check EPA anymore, I'm def scratching that off my list. You guys are definitely confusing me some though, my manager basically made it sound like San Jose is a corny college town and Palo Alto is where all the action is. He also made it sound like EPA is on the come up, kind of like harlem so it wouldn't hurt to look there for some cheap sports. But you guys keep mentioning girls being in san jose and thats going to be a big influence factor for me.

key factors right now

- quality of women & quantity of quality women
- availability to basketball leagues/courts
- convenience to get to work

whoever recommended that I ask my hotel to put me up for a month, I have already arranged that situation. For those of you who have been to harlem, would you compare EPA to harlem at all? Only reason I ask is because thats what my manager said. I'm just wondering if that was a good comparison or not lol...

Your manager is way off my best friend lives in EPA theres no way it can be on the "come up" i'm there all the time and its just as bad as ever lol some streets are barley starting to have paved roads 
laugh.gif

Off just the strength of looks: EPA >>>>>> Harlem.
Here's a sample of what EPA looks like (small college area): 

univ_lg.jpg

Nothing like Harlem 
laugh.gif
...and I was born in NYC.

Still though, I wouldn't pick that place with Santa Clara and San Jose being options to choose from. IMO honestly - San Mateo, Santa Clara or San Jose would be best for you.

Stay away from EPA. Mountain view is a nice area and San Mateo is nice too. Can't go wrong with either or fam

EPA was the murder capital a few years ago. Its not as bad anymore. Palo Alto is real nice tho.
With your budget you should find a nice spot just check Craigslist.
San mateo is nice. I used to live out there. Close to where your working. Close to the city and they have some nice spots to go out.
Palo Alto is closer and a little nicer but pricier. bars and lounges are cool there.
Stanford is in Palo Alto so it might be a plus for you.

Back
Top Bottom