Help A Brother Out!!! Living In Northern Cali?!

South San Jose if you wanna live in a decent area, but if you want the action hit up downtown. I forgot about Milpitas. 

whaaaat siick all those places you listed are mad close to me.

Born & raised around San Mateo. I gotta be honest with you, you probably won't find EVERYTHING you want in one place.

If you had the money I would definitely suggest living in the city. It's poppin, females, clubs, shopping, etc. but it's MAD expensive.

I would say try downtown San Jose cause it's for sure cheaper than downtown San Francisco..

San Mateo is a nice suburban area and to be honest it's pretty boring. They've been trying to rebuild downtown San Mateo for years and it's getting better but nothings poppin over there.

oh damn didnt see you had $1500-$2000.. if that's the case, MOVE TO THE CITY!!! the drive to work might suck but it'll be worth it.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Move to San Francisco and commute.

Forget all this other noise!

When I had a job in San Mateo, it used to take me at least 30 minutes to get to work from SF cause of traffic. And it took me another 30-35 minutes to get to San Jose when I had to drive to company meetings and functions
sick.gif
  So I don't recommend commuting from SF (unless you wake up really early/leave work really late to avoid traffic). I have a job in Mountain View right now, but it's easy to get there since I take the Caltrain, and it's a 10 minute walk from the Mountain View Caltrain station. If it wasn't located there, I would've refused to take this job

Originally Posted by SFC415

When I had a job in San Mateo, it used to take me at least 30 minutes to get to work from SF cause of traffic. And it took me another 30-35 minutes to get to San Jose when I had to drive to company meetings and functions
sick.gif
  So I don't recommend commuting from SF (unless you wake up really early/leave work really late to avoid traffic). I have a job in Mountain View right now, but it's easy to get there since I take the Caltrain, and it's a 10 minute walk from the Mountain View Caltrain station. If it wasn't located there, I would've refused to take this job
My brother has a job in San Mateo and commutes every day. Granted he doesn't leave work until 7-8 pm everyday because of traffic reasons.

I believe what SF has to offer makes up for the commute. But if you can be happy in the South Bay, by all means go ahead. I just think SF has a lot offer, especially someone new to the area that is trying to make friends.

Originally Posted by SFC415

sick.gif
My brother has a job in San Mateo and commutes every day. Granted he doesn't leave work until 7-8 pm everyday because of traffic reasons.

I believe what SF has to offer makes up for the commute. But if you can be happy in the South Bay, by all means go ahead. I just think SF has a lot offer, especially someone new to the area that is trying to make friends.
True, it's definitely harder to go out to party in the South Bay since everything is so spread out. It's not like here where you can find something to do pretty much anywhere at any time of the day. Like I said I lived in SJ for a while, and for a long time it was pretty boring there, but after I got to know people through school and work I started enjoying life alot more. There's pros and cons about each area; the biggest pro for the South Bay is all the free parking 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yea I feel your brother on the traffic. I used to chill at work till 8 watching movies or browsing NT, because that traffic is no joke. Over the past 5 years Bay Area traffic has become almost as bad as Socal's during commuting periods

Live in PA and drive to work/SF on weekends.

That area is nice as hell, used to live by there. SF has awesome nightlife and you'll only be 20-30 minutes away.

I live on the SJ/SC border and it's nice, nightlife here is garbage though
sick.gif

Follow what breezylocks said. Stay in the San Jose, Santa Clara area. And to breezylocks, I didn't know Karvon was that well known. I remember getting a cut years back when he had a barbershop in his garage. One of the best barbers, if not the best in San Jose.

I live in sunnyvale, why the hell you guys suggesting this dude to move here?

rent is expensive and nothing here is exciting
laugh.gif

but anyway, most of the info here will help you out..good luck!

Hayward sucks bruh, move to Berkeley or sf for quality lifestyle...

nevermind, don't move to SF, the commute is probably like an hour or more x0

Originally Posted by wanksta23

I live in sunnyvale, why the hell you guys suggesting this dude to move here?

rent is expensive and nothing here is exciting
laugh.gif

but anyway, most of the info here will help you out..good luck!

For real. No offense, but the only good thing about Sunnyvale is all the good Indian/Chinese/Korean restaurants. Downtown Sunnyvale is a JOKE
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
 The only somewhat crackin spot is Firehouse near all those offices. The waitresses there are fine as @#$%

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Live in PA and drive to work/SF on weekends.

That area is nice as hell, used to live by there. SF has awesome nightlife and you'll only be 20-30 minutes away.

I live on the SJ/SC border and it's nice, nightlife here is garbage though
sick.gif
I'm telling you, hit up the Hookah Bars in Santa Clara/ downtown SJ even if you don't smoke. Middle Eastern girl heaven 
pimp.gif

Burlingame is a pretty good town and foster city . about 15-20 minutes away from Santa Clara.I know a few bball leagues . How tall are you ?

Originally Posted by Azndood21

oh damn didnt see you had $1500-$2000.. if that's the case, MOVE TO THE CITY!!! the drive to work might suck but it'll be worth it.

yo this thread is so helpful.... I'm black so I'm definitely going to have to holla @ that korvan guy....

I wish tho my man.... my job is directly in santa clara. I did the santa clara - san fran drive in the middle of a tuesday and it was atleast an hour drive, I couldn't imagine that drive in traffic. I'm be down to take the caltrain but I feel like even with the cal train I'm looking at an hour+ commute to work which I'm not really interested in at this point

check out some apartments on N. Winchester in Santa Clara. Dont recall the name, but they are right next to the cemetary and arent pricey at all and are very nice. Also just a skip away from Santana Row

Originally Posted by What up

San Mateo is boring.

Plus my ex lives there so it's fair to say that town is full of $!!$# made **##+*+.

Well damn!

Originally Posted by vick the quick

Burlingame is a pretty good town and foster city . about 15-20 minutes away from Santa Clara.I know a few bball leagues . How tall are you ?
This is where I plan on moving to sometime in the summer. Looking for a place of my own.

i live on the border of San Jose and Santa Clara.

I think living in Santa Clara isn't that bad at all. since there is a college here (Santa Clara U.), there are nice spots to stay.

If you're about that city life, live in or close to Downtown San Jose - prices are expensive tho.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Got dude shook off of EPA. May I ask where in NYC you from?

i stay in the bx.... epa doesn't scare me... I've only been to santa clara for my job interview one time.. otherwise I'm going off hear say so I honestly have no idea what really goes down out there...

scratch my other post, foster city should be your only option op. i use to live in marlin cove, nicest apt complex i've ever been in(at least when i lived there, which was when they were first built.) and may move back there this summer or burlingame. i've lived in damn near every part of the bay excluding san jose so hit me if you have any questions. i stay in fremont right now btw, nice place but is out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom