Help Cure Diseases (vol. Bye Bye Cancer)

Some of you may know, but Stanford University has been running a project for many years that allows you to install a program in your Chrome browser to help them solve complex problems that will cure diseases.

It runs in the background of your computer and only affects the performance slightly depending on how fast you want it to run.

Join the NT team and help cure cancer, Parkinson's, Huntington's, Alzheimer's, AIDS, & more.

http://nacl.foldingathome.org/

If you're not using Chrome, you can install it here: https://foldingathome.org/alternative-downloads/

The team is 99559

How ....

Third-World-Skeptical-Kid.jpg

Folding.... basically your computer does the math, just like they used to have Folding@Home for the PS3. Basically think of crypto mining for health, or something. I'm good on that **** though because this type of thing has been around since the PS3 and they haven;t cured anything yet. They probably just trying to get bitcoins too. lol But you should still do it if you want.

they discredit Ayurvedic or holistic treatments. i guess no proof.

chemo is a killer

Folding.... basically your computer does the math, just like they used to have Folding@Home for the PS3. Basically think of crypto mining for health, or something. I'm good on that **** though because this type of thing has been around since the PS3 and they haven;t cured anything yet. They probably just trying to get bitcoins too. lol But you should still do it if you want.

I'll let 100 publications as a result of F@H be the decider of that

https://www.quora.com/Has-Stanfords-Folding-Home-project-been-a-success-or-failure

It's not like most of these things will be solved overnight, so it will take lots of time and computing power to solve the complex problems associated with some of these diseases.

Excuse the ignorance, but how does this cure cancer and other diseases?

They use distributed computing to help solve the protein folding equations and figure out a solution to them.

Over night... **** it's been 18 years, 11 years since it debuted on the PS3. How long did it take to cure the bubonic plauge? The answer is... 3 years. Honestly if there was a disease that rapidly decreased our population at an extreme amount... I still don't think they would cure it. I guess it depends on who were affected most by it, but I think it's safe to say that most of these major, money making diseases aren't going away anytime soon. At least not as long as pharmaceutical companies play a big role in our political system.

Really not trying to deter anyone from using F@H, by any means... I just don't think it's really going to make a difference, because it hasn't yet.

Cancer will always be something I think will never be cured. It's like trying to put a cigarette back together after it's been smoked to ashes.

Over night... **** it's been 18 years, 11 years since it debuted on the PS3. How long did it take to cure the bubonic plauge? The answer is... 3 years. Honestly if there was a disease that rapidly decreased our population at an extreme amount... I still don't think they would cure it. I guess it depends on who were affected most by it, but I think it's safe to say that most of these major, money making diseases aren't going away anytime soon. At least not as long as pharmaceutical companies play a big role in our political system.

Really not trying to deter anyone from using F@H, by any means... I just don't think it's really going to make a difference, because it hasn't yet.
It's posts like these that make it incredibly obvious that you know next to nothing about the current state of these diseases. I don't think you understand just how complicated and complex cancer is. To say that it hasn't made a difference, or that it won't make a difference is beyond ignorant. If you're not trying to deter anyone don't spew your garbage, uneducated opinion here.

wont this slowly kill you computer's GPU just like bitcoin mining does?

Certain types of cancer are pretty curable, though.

yup. One of the easiest types of cancer to treat is testicular cancer I believe.

wont this slowly kill you computer's GPU just like bitcoin mining does?

yup. One of the easiest types of cancer to treat is testicular cancer I believe.

Most likely add more wear to your CPU, but if you have a GPU it will probably affect that too.

Over night... **** it's been 18 years, 11 years since it debuted on the PS3. How long did it take to cure the bubonic plauge?

Because there are several types of cancer. The cells in your body are literally turning against itself.

Back
Top Bottom