Help! Has anyone used an Akai XR20 beat Machine?

I just got one, and I have the Midi-USB cable. I am trying to get it to work with my Mac using Reason, and I am having zero luck. Anyone know what I need to do?

its been awhile but install the software that came with it then go into reason and there is an option for reason to recognize your hardware. i think its under preferences. follow the options.

download the driver from akai website.

Go to the Keyboard and controller cascade menu under preferences

Add it whenever it comes up and use auto detect for this device if ur gonna use it often.

eyes.gif
There is no software that came with it and no drivers on the site.....

I'm trying to google everything, I'm starting to think maybe it's not meant to be used with a computer....
frown.gif

its not meant to be used with a computer....shoulda just copped a controller and saved some loot if you have a mac

There's gotta be a way it can work with the computer, the program sorta regonizes it. But it's not doing anything... oh well, probably just gonna return it.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

eyes.gif
There is no software that came with it and no drivers on the site.....

I'm trying to google everything, I'm starting to think maybe it's not meant to be used with a computer....
frown.gif

My bad. Didn't realize you were talking about the standalone one. Only way you're hooking that one up is if you have midi ports. I see you have the usb adapter. 
If it's not coming through on the controller setting in preferences, you might want trade it back in and get something that's just a trigger pad. It's cheaper and gives you more control over the sounds already in the program. Haven't really heard of too many ppl having luck hooking this one up to the computer.  

The maschine has some nice sounds though man.

Originally Posted by THE BOSS DON

so is that maschine better than a mpc??

Depends on what generation of tech you are in as a producer. Old school 80's and 90's producers can't be pried from those things and other analog hardware period. If you're in the digital generation, i think the maschine may be better tailored to you since you may be dealing with audio mostly in the digital format anyway and then sequencing that audio via a DAW (digital audio workstation). Digital is the cost effective and more feasible way nowadays. 
MPC's vs. computer software recording with daw is like the difference between the current video game system vs. PC gaming.

One you can have it your way, the other you take it how they give it to you for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom