Help: Itunes problem.

I've recently been adding quite a few albums to Itunes. But whenever i do, it seem to be making duplicates of every song. For example. I added Ne-Yo albumwhich is about 12 tracks, but when i add it to itunes its 24 song and each one is there two times.

Any help would be appreciated.

This happened to me too I took songs from my desktop put them on a flash drive and then put them on my netbook so I just deleted the copies

hey, GGotti and QueenCity - Queen I saw the profile pic and couldn't just pass over this thread =)

It seems quite some time has passed since anyone posted here. @GG0tti, if you haven't figured it out already - I used to have a similar issue.

If you add the album with the whole folder (presuming you have downloaded the album folder yourself and not off the iTunes store) by dragging it to iTunes - that is where the issue comes.

In many cases there would be playlist (or .m3u) files which go with the album folders - next to the tracks inside. If you simply drag the whole folder - the .m3u file along with the tracks will get added to your iTunes library.

The .m3u is basically a list of all the tracks within the album and that is where the duplicates come from because you are adding both the .m3u and the actual track files to your iTunes.

Hope that helps.

Edit: after some googling-around, I found a good Y! answer  on how to easily get rid of iTunes duplicates.

Back
Top Bottom