Help me find the name of a shoe... "The Onion"

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by doogie24

^ just searched that... none of the models under that name are the one im thinking of. Sorry if this is a wild goose chase, but I know someone out there must know what im talking about.

where are you searching?

it's a pretty obscure shoe and 7 to 10 years isnt going to make it easier to find.

i can barely find pics of the air signature player and that shoe was released en mass.

_iceUrlFlag=1

the colourway isnt the one from the ad and it doesnt help with noticing detail but i feel pretty certain these are the one from the onion ad, which may or may not coincide with the shoes you're thining of.

Just took pics of my pair. I hope this helps. If anyone is interested, they're size 10.5.

i was speaking in past tense and also looking for a very specific picture. ive long since found the pic.

they're great shoes tho,

THANK YOU crazyebw

mystery solved.

interesting looking shoe that I always had wanted ever since seeing that magazine ad.

Good call clutch.

I remember never being able to find these at Foot Locker back in the day. The ad always had me interested but they never came in my area. So this ad is one ofthe few that survived the transformation of stuff on my "mag wall".
laugh.gif

Wow. I really thought those had a different name - I stand corrected.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by mt3130

i used to have these. these things always had people double taking lol.
Part of the reason I wanted them so badly... something about that "hypnotic" effect I was going on about!

Thanks again for the pics, definately brings me back.

i tried looking for other pics of this shoe, and couldnt find it when googling its name. try googling nike air max uptempo, other different shoes come up, notthe one of this post.

I believe it was just the newer version of the Max Uptempo. Just without a specific name tag to go along with it.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I believe it was just the newer version of the Max Uptempo. Just without a specific name tag to go along with it.
Just like how there are tons of shoes with "Air Max" on the box. I think the retro AMs have more info (like year of original model). And for some reason I thought these were the Air Max Uptempo IV.
ohwell.gif

random bump, as I found a video and another CW while searching around the web. Air Max Uptempo IV

That was such a wack period for shoes :lol:

Sorry if anyone likes these.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom