HELP ME RESTORE MY 2001 BRED XIs!!!!! vol. Pretty please?

solarius49

Banned
sorry for the lack of quality pics.  basically, me and my homies trade shoes once in awhile when we get bored, or stop wearing them.  So my boy had these old bred XI's that were sitting in his room covered in dust, I asked and he gave them to me.  I cleaned all the dust off, and saw a shoe with potential, especially considering they havent been worn since 2004

As you can see in the pics (as terrible as they are) there is a scratch in the patent leather, there is some writing (in marker) on the tounge, and some of the materials have begun to fray a little bit.  What can you guys suggest to make these things look sexy again?

i'd suggest rocking them as they are. no point in trying to restore a shoe so far gone imo.

yeah, you're right....maybe restore was a bad word, I just want to breath a little more life into them. my main concern is seeing if I can cover the scratches in the patent leather

that i can understand but have no idea where to start maybe use a black sneaker polisher all over the shoe a few times

Lightly brush out dust/dirt with a shoe brush.
Dish soap and water all dirty areas.
Lincoln EZ Cleaner or Krud Kutter everything besides the patent.
Repaint all areas needed with Angelus.
Lightly shine patent with petroleum jelly hand moisturizer.

also, you can use RIT or Angelus dyes to get that tongue black again if the Lincoln cleaner doesnt work...

Back
Top Bottom