help me with my college apps vol. 1 (UC students check in !! please)

Yeah the thing about college sports is there are far more jobs there than in the pros ya know. Right now I am looking into working at the school I plan toattend for Grad school so that I can at least get part of my tuition paid for, so keep that in mind. I know a few people (including an old boss I had) who tookthat route and it's paid off for them. If you have any other questions or anything like that you can PM me. Don't wanna turn this thread into a SM one
laugh.gif

Went to UC Santa Cruz did Business Magagement with a focus on accounting, our accounting program is suppose to be the same curiculum as USC. Big 4 do a lot ofrecruiting throughout the year at UCSC. on another note we gotta alotta trees, the good kind too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i turned in my UC app today. I am turning in USC tomorrow most likely. good luck at getting into your school

UCSB Business Economics with an emphasis in Accounting is HEAVILY recruited by the big four accounting firms. It is one of the best accounting programs in thenation not to mention a sick #@* school, I'm a third year biz econ major here and trust me it is the place you want to be. Women are the best in the UCsystem, right next to the beach, amazing weather just a @+%!@+% amazing place altogether. Best of luck man and if you get into UCSB and any other UC's Idefinitely recommend choosing here, I have a friend who choose UCSB over UCLA and Cal.

I go to UCSD, I'm a 3rd year majoring in engineering...dope place academically, it does lack the campus and atmosphere of UCLA and Cal, but it's a niceplace to go to get your degree. I know some dudes who ditched Berkeley and LA for SD, but it really depends on the individual.

Oh and a trick you might try is applying for an major that is not compacted (compacted majors means that they have more students in it currently then they hopeto graduate so the admissions are much harder for that major) make apply as undeclared and then add business economics with an emphasis in accounting or applyto something like English or Environmental Studies because they really want to fill those majors. Once you are in the school at least for UCSB it is prettyeasy to switch majors.

Originally Posted by kick master skiz

Oh and a trick you might try is applying for an major that is not compacted (compacted majors means that they have more students in it currently then they hope to graduate so the admissions are much harder for that major) make apply as undeclared and then add business economics with an emphasis in accounting or apply to something like English or Environmental Studies because they really want to fill those majors. Once you are in the school at least for UCSB it is pretty easy to switch majors.
thanks for the tip, gonna go change it right now im ALMOST done. grrrrr. stupid prompt
mad.gif
mad.gif

Describe the world you come from - for example, your family, community or school- and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.

I'm actually working on my personal statement also right now. im planning to apply to UCI, UCSD and UCSC. but i have a question about the app is it dueNovember 30th before midnight or at midnight on november 29/30?

Originally Posted by KING OF ERV

I'm actually working on my personal statement also right now. im planning to apply to UCI, UCSD and UCSC. but i have a question about the app is it due November 30th before midnight or at midnight on november 29/30?
11:59 PM PST on november 30

i started the app tonite, planning to apply to UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCI, UCSD, but i stopped after deciding i dont wanna travelthat far from NYC

SUNY and CUNY FTW

^ Thanks for the info, but yeah dude u should at least apply to a couple schools just in case you change your mind down the road.

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

I'm actually working on my personal statement also right now. im planning to apply to UCI, UCSD and UCSC. but i have a question about the app is it due November 30th before midnight or at midnight on november 29/30?

i started the app tonite, planning to apply to UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCI, UCSD, but i stopped after deciding i dont wanna travel that far from NYC

SUNY and CUNY FTW
u really have me confused uci and uc berkley, ucla are hard as hell to get into while ucsd is EASY and a major party school, whats ur GPA? are u aserious student or a whatever student? my home-girl applied to UCLA with a GPA of 4.2 and they didnt accept her...

Originally Posted by MEXRFW

i started the app tonite, planning to apply to UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCI, UCSD, but i stopped after deciding i dont wanna travel that far from NYC

SUNY and CUNY FTW
u really have me confused uci and uc berkley, ucla are hard as hell to get into while ucsd is EASY and a major party school, whats ur GPA? are u a serious student or a whatever student? my home-girl applied to UCLA with a GPA of 4.2 and they didnt accept her...
my school doesnt do GPA..but my average is 91...but grades of course isnteverything when applying to college

SUNY and CUNY FTW
u really have me confused uci and uc berkley, ucla are hard as hell to get into while ucsd is EASY and a major party school, whats ur GPA? are u a serious student or a whatever student? my home-girl applied to UCLA with a GPA of 4.2 and they didnt accept her...
my school doesnt do GPA..but my average is 91

explain? no idea what that means
frown.gif

my average of all my classes ive ever taken in my HS, graded on a scale of 100, is 91..it translates to about a 3.8 i beleive

So where are you guys applying? Im applying to a bunch of Florida schools, hopefully I'll get into UF/UM.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

So where are you guys applying? Im applying to a bunch of Florida schools, hopefully I'll get into UF/UM.
st. johns university, cal state fullerton, long beach, poly pomona, uc riverside, uc irvine, uc santa barbera, santa cruz, northeasternuniversity, gordan college, penn state, austin college

i think youre thinking of san diego state... not ucsd

anyways, i go to ucd and we have a managerial economics major. you need to have a 2.8 gpa for the prereq classes to get in, but its not that hard. Recently,however, i heard they changed it to a 3.2 gpa?

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

i think youre thinking of san diego state... not ucsd

anyways, i go to ucd and we have a managerial economics major. you need to have a 2.8 gpa for the prereq classes to get in, but its not that hard. Recently, however, i heard they changed it to a 3.2 gpa?
no, im thinking ucsd, when i was there they for the guided tour the guide was telling us they were building a bar in the gym
laugh.gif

Damn OP. Procrastinating FTL

I finished my CSU apps almost a month ago and UC's almost two weeks ago.

I don't know why I even bothered with UC's since i'm mad underqualified. only thing that pushed me was my english teach
eek.gif
ing at my personal statement.

eyes.gif

hmm, i didnt know that ucsd was a party school.

but as far as rankings go, ucsd is the 3rd best uc after cal and ucla, so i wouldnt say its easy to get in.

anyways, best of luck on your apps. i hope you get into the college that you want.

Originally Posted by funkyfreshfelix

Damn OP. Procrastinating FTL

I finished my CSU apps almost a month ago and UC's almost two weeks ago.

I don't know why I even bothered with UC's since i'm mad underqualified. only thing that pushed me was my english teach
eek.gif
ing at my personal statement.

eyes.gif
ur mean
frown.gif
haha i know dude, its just i work almost 35 hoursAND go to school =\

anyways

SOMONE HELP ME WITH THIS SENTENCE:

I guess in a way, I want to show those people that I can be as good, or better, as them.

is that gramaticly correct??!?!?

^ haha sorry. wasn't my intention to come off as mean. Damn that's rough. that is the reason why i chose to be broke during this school year. eff thestress

haha dont take it serious i was messin around yoooo. im almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yessssssssssss

UC schools in order of prestige:
UC Berkley
Los Angeles
San Diego
Davis
Irvine
Santa Barbara
Santa Cruz
Riverside

Merced (pretty new)

Generally speaking this is how i always ranked them of course the bottom three are pretty close together, UC San Diego def not considered a "partyschool" they got some kush parties but you gotta be pretty focused to get in over there. Gluck to all the newbies. College was a great experience and defgot to see myself grow.

I have some friends who recently graduated from UCI and two of them majored in Econ. There is no undergrad business major but there is an MBA program andboth of the people who majored in Econ there had a business emphasis and the good econ students whose study is focused on business economics can take somemanagement and accounting classes in the b-school.

I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom