help w/ individual dental plan???

hey nt,

i tried google, but I got a bunch of crap, so Im hoping someone might be able to help me out. I currently have dental insurance, but am maxed out for the year
30t6p3b.gif
. I need to get some additional work done that is going to cost about $2,500. I was wondering if anyone had experience purchasing an individual dental plan for themselves? If so what would be the best plan/company?

thanks.

hey nt,

i tried google, but I got a bunch of crap, so Im hoping someone might be able to help me out. I currently have dental insurance, but am maxed out for the year
30t6p3b.gif
. I need to get some additional work done that is going to cost about $2,500. I was wondering if anyone had experience purchasing an individual dental plan for themselves? If so what would be the best plan/company?

thanks.

Ask your dentist for prices if you were to pay with cash.  It might be significantly lower than the prices for insurance carriers.
Also, check out a good dental school around you.  Their prices are very low.  Plus, your work is very thoroughly done because the work is always reviewed multiple times.

Ask your dentist for prices if you were to pay with cash.  It might be significantly lower than the prices for insurance carriers.
Also, check out a good dental school around you.  Their prices are very low.  Plus, your work is very thoroughly done because the work is always reviewed multiple times.

I'd also recommend getting your work done at a dental school's program. It's definitely cheaper and they also give options for payment plans. A downside is although you are still getting quality work, it takes longer than it would take at a regular dentist. A friend mentioned a simple 30 minute prodecure turned into 2+ hours since everytime a student didn't know what to do, they had to consult with the dentist/teacher.

I'd also recommend getting your work done at a dental school's program. It's definitely cheaper and they also give options for payment plans. A downside is although you are still getting quality work, it takes longer than it would take at a regular dentist. A friend mentioned a simple 30 minute prodecure turned into 2+ hours since everytime a student didn't know what to do, they had to consult with the dentist/teacher.

Hey OP, if you're from NYC just go to downstate hospital.

When i didn't have insurance, i went to the dental wing/school, and get my wisdom teeth removed for free!!, it's essentially what Retrosniipes recommended.

Hey OP, if you're from NYC just go to downstate hospital.

When i didn't have insurance, i went to the dental wing/school, and get my wisdom teeth removed for free!!, it's essentially what Retrosniipes recommended.

alot of the plans you purchase individually for dental have waiting periods for major services.. and since you say you need 2,500 in procedures, it sounds like major work.. if you purchase an individual plan make sure there's no waiting periods..

alot of the plans you purchase individually for dental have waiting periods for major services.. and since you say you need 2,500 in procedures, it sounds like major work.. if you purchase an individual plan make sure there's no waiting periods..

Back
Top Bottom