Help with connecting gaming consol to the internet!?!?!....please!

Hey NT

So I'm trying to connect my PS3 to my schools internet, I live on campus. I already tried asking the schools IT, they said I can, they just don't know either. I have wireless internet access to two networks. The first one requires me to enter a user name as well as a password. I tried connecting w/ the "basic" option and a scan but under security it says "not supported"

The second network is the schools public one, there is no password required, but I do need to click on a link that says i agree to their rules. under security it says none, but it will not allow me to connect.

can anyone help me out?

thanks

Hey NT

So I'm trying to connect my PS3 to my schools internet, I live on campus. I already tried asking the schools IT, they said I can, they just don't know either. I have wireless internet access to two networks. The first one requires me to enter a user name as well as a password. I tried connecting w/ the "basic" option and a scan but under security it says "not supported"

The second network is the schools public one, there is no password required, but I do need to click on a link that says i agree to their rules. under security it says none, but it will not allow me to connect.

can anyone help me out?

thanks

With out a router go to your network settings on your laptop and copy down the ip, subnet mask, primary and secondary DNS servers. Make sure upnp is on. Do not use proxy. All of this is under network setting when you put the Ethernet cable to the ps3
with a router reset router

With out a router go to your network settings on your laptop and copy down the ip, subnet mask, primary and secondary DNS servers. Make sure upnp is on. Do not use proxy. All of this is under network setting when you put the Ethernet cable to the ps3
with a router reset router

Back
Top Bottom