Help with fundraising! Vol. Life with 50% lung capacity

Belgium

formerly colombia
Hello everyone. I've recently started raising money to help my parents a bit and also aid in my personal recovery.

First of all I would like to thank Method Man for his support and letting me create this thread.

Next I am thanking everyone in advance for reading or donating.

If you would like to donate any amount at all I appreciate it. Doesn't matter which amount, even $0.01 is appreciated.

Paypal email: [email protected]

Here is my story:

I will also answer any questions regarding the surgery, living with half a lung less, ...

Feel free to ask me anything you want.

I am currently 19 years old turning 20 on the 14th of April.

I had a very rare congenital defect called pulmonary sequestration.

I have the intralobar version of the disorder, meaning the malicious lung tissue is located in my lung, not outside of the lung.

Around the start of October 2013 I coughed up large blood clots which I have done before when I had pneumonia a few years back. There was nothing on a regular CT scan though so they did another one with constrast fluid which showed the disorder. I had an aorta sized artery branching off from my aorta right next to my heart and it went into the bottom of my right lung where it spread in smaller blood vessels throughout my bottom lobe.
The arterial pressure was too high because of the size of the artery and its branching off into half of my right lung and I had developped a tear causing a small lung hemorrhage. If the tear was just a few millimeters bigger I would have died instantly.

I saw one of the top lung surgeons immediately and got surgery a few days later on the 17th of october. Because that artery was located right next to my heart and the existing tear there was also a moderate/high chance I'd die during surgery. Unfortunately for me I also had one of the most complex cases of said defect the surgeon had ever seen.
The surgery actually went really well and the surgeon managed to remove half my right lung and the artery via laparascopy.
I remained in the hospital for 5 days with a chest tube, urinal catheter, central catheter, arterial catheter and epidural catheter. I received around 6 or 7 painkillers including morphine and something 800x more powerful than morphine and was still in a lot of pain until my chest tube was removed.

After I was released I had quite a few lasting effects. My nerves in my right leg and right hand are damaged, most likely permanently, so they feel a bit weird and I can't control them properly sometimes. Aside from that I also have posttraumatic pains in my legs and back a lot.

As for school I dropped out of nursing school in January because I felt too weak all the time, and had constant posttraumatic pains in my legs and back. I tried going to school but lasted 3 days in a row at most before having trouble breathing or being in too much pain so I dropped out.
I've been home since January and have struggled with depression and the effects of a stress disorder since.

Currently I am following breathing therapy at my physiologist and attend sessions with my psychologist.

Due to recent developments in my state of mind she has concluded I require therapy for PTSD, which I will be starting with a psychotherapist soon.

I also have an appointment with a renowned psychiatrist to evaluate my progress.

As for medication I use a Symbicort inhaler twice a day, my antidepressant Effexor 75mg when I wake up, 50-100mg of Tramadol for the posttraumatic pains throughout the day and an antidepressant called Trazolan before bed.

Recovery takes about 6 to 9 months and 1/3 of people getting this surgery fully recover, 1/3 have occasional issues and 1/3 have lasting problems. I have to wait and see which group I'm in but for now I'm not too positive about it.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I assure you I am speaking the truth.

Just reading this also spreads awareness of this rare condition you most likely have never heard about.

Again, if anyone wants to donate, my paypal is at the top and you are very much appreciated.

Here are some links for those requiring more evidence.

This is a screenshot link to a radiology report of mine.

I am Belgian so it is in Dutch unfortunately but you can see the name matches and you can use google translate if you want.

http://gyazo.com/e0268ec1425825c98b89e3c6546a09c7

Here is a x-ray from that radiology appointment:

Here is a side view. Both of these are post surgery.

The surgeon's work is so clean you can barely see that half of my right lung was removed.

Update: Started feeling better again for a while. We raided around $300 and my momma damn near shed a tear

I've been struggling again though and last week got put in a mental ward by the ER for stress induced psychosis from my grandfather's death.

Stayed there a week and the price is well...

Verpleegdagprijs = daily price

I haven't gotten the bill yet but we're looking at 2-3k euros again.

I want to lend my hand again and see if NT Supports

Last edited:
$25 GIFT PAYMENT SENT! GET BETTER BIG DAWG! MY THOUGTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT!

$25 GIFT PAYMENT SENT! GET BETTER BIG DAWG! MY THOUGTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT!
Man I wasn't even expecting this much. I can't thank you enough for this man.

I was just telling my mom about this thread and she's amazed. Again, thank you man.

Also shoutout to my boy Antidope for the $15 donation!

Last edited:
I dont kno you kid but thats a hardway to go thru the best times of your life. At the end of the month keep ur eye peeled for a cpl dollars

Also look into medibles... chronic body pain can be allievated by a simple brownie or sugar candy. Contact lifted edibles outta CA. I imagine someone in your condition is a prime canidate for medical cannibus derivatives as obv smoking anything is a horrible idea for you

I dont kno you kid but thats a hardway to go thru the best times of your life. At the end of the month keep ur eye peeled for a cpl dollars

Also look into medibles... chronic body pain can be allievated by a simple brownie or sugar candy. Contact lifted edibles outta CA. I imagine someone in your condition is a prime canidate for medical cannibus derivatives as obv smoking anything is a horrible idea for you
I'll look into medibles, thanks for the info. I live in Belgium though so I'm not sure if any of that is legally possible here.

nmv ... I just read your location. Does the government offer financial help to the disable?

Last edited:
Peole have toyed with the idea of setting up some sort of monthly fund for things like this. I think we need to revisit that.

nmv ... I just read your location. Does the government offer financial help to the disable?
Yes but I don't qualify due to my age (19) and that I still live with my mom.

We have 100% medical coverage but unfortunately all sorts of therapy don't get paid back.

That means my breathing therapy, psychotherapy and the psychiatric appointments don't qualify for the insurance.

I just showed my mom what I've been doing trying to raise funds for my recovery and for her and she nearly shed a tear man.

Last edited:

Peole have toyed with the idea of setting up some sort of monthly fund for things like this. I think we need to revisit that.
You mean like a monthly donation fund and the proceeds go to someone in need?
Edit: Raised $120 so far with $40 coming from NT!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot man. I never thought I'd get this much support! #NT 
happy.gif

Just reading my post is supporting too in my eyes.

I wish you the best bruh.

Getting paid tonight, will make sure i can take some and give it to a NT brother.

I will donate when I get back home. I put health over everything. Money ain't .... If my well being not right.

Is there a direct link someone could post to donate?  Forgive me, but I just glossed over the post.  If not, I'll just break down and read through to follow the instructions.

I just noticed the bump. All of you have my and my mom's dear thanks.

She's amazed at all of your support!

Is there a direct link someone could post to donate?  Forgive me, but I just glossed over the post.  If not, I'll just break down and read through to follow the instructions.
I'm not sure if/how I can put a direct donation link. I posted my paypal adress in bold at the top.

It is a pretty long post so glossing over it is understandable. Thank you either way!

Last edited:
Did you ever get what I sent or nah? Couldn't send much really but yeah.
I think so. I'm not sure of all the names, not everyone attaches a message to it.

Let me check. And any help is appreciated man even just reading the post.

Edit: Yes I got it man, thank you very much!

Last edited:
Ight good, making sure I copy and pasted correctly. Get well though breh.
I'm getting better now. My antidepressants are starting to work and I've been pretty happy the past week.

My breathing therapy is also going pretty well.

Damn brah i feel your pain i got like at least 15k or more in medical bills i needa pay or do sumtin about, but ill still donate to you when i get my paycheck in, it might not be much but hopefully it helps

Hope u feel better

And also i like u cuz u a guwop fan :smokin

Burr burr

Glad to see NT'ers doing what they can to help out :pimp:. OP, if it helps, I know plenty of dudes who wouldn't have even tried to go back to school after surgery, so that says a lot about your character. You know you have fam here if you ever need to vent. My inbox stays empty, so I welcome all PMs from anyone :lol:. As corny as it may sound, sometimes you have to "walk through hell just to get to Heaven" (CL Smooth :lol: :pimp:).

Back
Top Bottom