Help with future sneakerhead(age 10)

I need help guys.  I have a nephew-in-law, who just turned 10.  His Mom tells me that he's really started to get into sneakers.  His family doesn't have money, and I'm not exactly rolling in dough either.  I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what to get him for Christmas. 

I was hoping there would be a Friends and Family sale so I can take him to Footlocker/Champs and have him pick out a pair without it costing me $100+.  Should I just Ebay a vnds pair to save money?   I have a bunch of size 12 deadstock Jordans, but he's a size 10 (and growing).   Please, all suggestions would be greatly appreciate.   Should I give him a pair of deadstock Jordans, but 2 sizes too big?  Should I just give him a backissue of SC so he could just look at all the Jordans ever made and lust after them with no means of purchase?  I mean, I usually just give the kid $20 giftcard, so I really don't want to spend $100, but he's a soon to be sneakerhead, so I kinda feel for him.   

I need help guys.  I have a nephew-in-law, who just turned 10.  His Mom tells me that he's really started to get into sneakers.  His family doesn't have money, and I'm not exactly rolling in dough either.  I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what to get him for Christmas. 

I was hoping there would be a Friends and Family sale so I can take him to Footlocker/Champs and have him pick out a pair without it costing me $100+.  Should I just Ebay a vnds pair to save money?   I have a bunch of size 12 deadstock Jordans, but he's a size 10 (and growing).   Please, all suggestions would be greatly appreciate.   Should I give him a pair of deadstock Jordans, but 2 sizes too big?  Should I just give him a backissue of SC so he could just look at all the Jordans ever made and lust after them with no means of purchase?  I mean, I usually just give the kid $20 giftcard, so I really don't want to spend $100, but he's a soon to be sneakerhead, so I kinda feel for him.   

Originally Posted by Young Soy Two3

im thinking this is in the wrong thread.. but hes already a size 10 at the age of 10? LOL
Yeah, he's going to be a big boy.   Still crys like a baby tho.  
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Young Soy Two3

im thinking this is in the wrong thread.. but hes already a size 10 at the age of 10? LOL
Yeah, he's going to be a big boy.   Still crys like a baby tho.  
eyes.gif

give him some LeBron's... you know, a guy that is actually still playing ball; make him make his own memories of a player and his shoes. I love MJ because I saw him play, and because I owned his sneakers.

give him some LeBron's... you know, a guy that is actually still playing ball; make him make his own memories of a player and his shoes. I love MJ because I saw him play, and because I owned his sneakers.

do like 23edge has said, and buy him a couple of jordan DVD's, hell, it can just be one or two DVD's, let him watch them over and over, so he can grasp what it was like when jordan played in the league, through time he should watch the DVD, he might won't soon as you give it to him, but one day when he's very bored he'd watch it.

after he see some clips of jordan and how great he was, THEN you can worry about helping him out with the J's........

he'll be one of the few kid's when he arrives at his jr high or high school to know alot about the history of MJ AND the shoe's he's played in...and he'll owe that all to you, his big uncle.

do like 23edge has said, and buy him a couple of jordan DVD's, hell, it can just be one or two DVD's, let him watch them over and over, so he can grasp what it was like when jordan played in the league, through time he should watch the DVD, he might won't soon as you give it to him, but one day when he's very bored he'd watch it.

after he see some clips of jordan and how great he was, THEN you can worry about helping him out with the J's........

he'll be one of the few kid's when he arrives at his jr high or high school to know alot about the history of MJ AND the shoe's he's played in...and he'll owe that all to you, his big uncle.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Yeah, but he wants some fresh kicks for Christmas, not a dvd.  He'd probably be bummed as hell if I gave him a Jordan DVD instead of new sneakers, then said "study up,kid! Then we'll talk! "
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Yeah, but he wants some fresh kicks for Christmas, not a dvd.  He'd probably be bummed as hell if I gave him a Jordan DVD instead of new sneakers, then said "study up,kid! Then we'll talk! "
roll.gif

You should be able to get him a recently pair of released retros fairly cheap if you do some searching. Ebay,final score, eastbay etc...

You should be able to get him a recently pair of released retros fairly cheap if you do some searching. Ebay,final score, eastbay etc...

I'm getting my nephew the cool greys for Christmas even though he is going to destroy them.

I'm getting my nephew the cool greys for Christmas even though he is going to destroy them.

Time for a valuable life lesson, "you can't have everything that you want." Even though Christmas really is for the kids, your nephew should learn to be appreciative of whatever sneakers you end up getting him (whatever your budget allows) and also of an Uncle who cares enough to ask for advice in an internet forum. Take it from me, I started my son early and now it has somewhat come back to bite me in the %@%.

Time for a valuable life lesson, "you can't have everything that you want." Even though Christmas really is for the kids, your nephew should learn to be appreciative of whatever sneakers you end up getting him (whatever your budget allows) and also of an Uncle who cares enough to ask for advice in an internet forum. Take it from me, I started my son early and now it has somewhat come back to bite me in the %@%.

more often than not the buy/sell section of niketalk has better deals than ebay, but you may find steals in either. be wary of sellers and use critical doubt.

more often than not the buy/sell section of niketalk has better deals than ebay, but you may find steals in either. be wary of sellers and use critical doubt.

Back
Top Bottom