Hey guys! Shipping internationally question!

f82

I gota buyer located in Hong Kong. Im from the US. I sold him some volt trainers for $400 shipped. I forgot to include that he was responsible for custom duties charges in the invoice. But generally, buyers are responsible for it correct? On the customs form i declared tht the value was $150 which was how much i bought it from at nike and i listed it under *other*(shoes). I also chose to ship it small priority rate box via usps.

Question is, i wont hit with custom fees correct?
And i didnt lie anything on my part, i dont want to lie on some government ended stuff.

You won't be charged but the buyer will have to pay the fees before the package is released. Also, by declaring $150 you can only insure it for $150 if something happens to it. If this was done through paypal you are not gonna have the tracking proof for this shipment if a case is opened. Signature confirmation is not available in Hong Kong through USPS. You will loose $400 through paypal and at most be able to get $150 back through insurance claims. If you declare $400 your buyer is not gonna be happy either which could disrupt the sale too.

Nuh uh, he told me how he wanted it! His instagram looked legit and looked like a flyknit collector, so i was like why not lol.. Especially trainers are starting to dry up.. He paid a pretty penny for these too!

There arent any buters in america?
You gotta think beyond Porter Ranch, b.

Asia is hot for kicks. My moms friends sons will happily pay $500 for some GR Jordans. They love dressing like their fav rappers and their parents got the bread to back up the habit.

OP: you're not liable for anything. You may have to contact eBay if the buyer gets pissy though. I sold a pair of kicks to southeast Asia a while back. Even added a little more for express shipping. He left me a negative feedback because he got hit with duties. Had to call Ebay and explain the situation to have it removed.

Back
Top Bottom