Hey NT, I'm going around the world!

Wow, this sounds awesome man. I hope I can one day do something similar.
I'll definitely keep up with the blog.

imjelly.jpg

Wow, this sounds awesome man. I hope I can one day do something similar.
I'll definitely keep up with the blog.

imjelly.jpg

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

oh look at me im op, instead of growing up and being a real man im just going to blow all of mommy & daddy's money on some unoriginal trip around the world and post it on here to get mad props from strangers cause im that dude.
pimp.gif

fauk yes im jelly. hope you have a good trip man, its all love.

indifferent.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

oh look at me im op, instead of growing up and being a real man im just going to blow all of mommy & daddy's money on some unoriginal trip around the world and post it on here to get mad props from strangers cause im that dude.
pimp.gif

fauk yes im jelly. hope you have a good trip man, its all love.

indifferent.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

i wonder if i could do the same thing if i saved up enough. OP if you dont mind posting how much did you estimate this trip to cost you? and i hope you do blog regularly i will follow up

i wonder if i could do the same thing if i saved up enough. OP if you dont mind posting how much did you estimate this trip to cost you? and i hope you do blog regularly i will follow up

Good luck with your trip. It's going to be awesome, so you'll definitely want to keep a journal to write in and detail some of the experiences you'll have. Some people might recommend a camera and all that, but to each his own, because I feel like that just might make you a target for robbery rolling around with a camera, especially if you already look like a tourist.

Also, be smart about your cash, it's going to fly pretty quickly if you're open minded and spontaneous. If not, be very gregarious and chat people up because it might lead to a cash job here and there to pay for your expenses. Oh, and try to get on couchsurfing if you can, it'll save you a bundle, even if you're staying at hostels, and provide instant friends if you can pull it off. Some people have even used it as a date type of thing, if that's your shtick. All in all, have fun! It's going to be amazing.

Good luck with your trip. It's going to be awesome, so you'll definitely want to keep a journal to write in and detail some of the experiences you'll have. Some people might recommend a camera and all that, but to each his own, because I feel like that just might make you a target for robbery rolling around with a camera, especially if you already look like a tourist.

Also, be smart about your cash, it's going to fly pretty quickly if you're open minded and spontaneous. If not, be very gregarious and chat people up because it might lead to a cash job here and there to pay for your expenses. Oh, and try to get on couchsurfing if you can, it'll save you a bundle, even if you're staying at hostels, and provide instant friends if you can pull it off. Some people have even used it as a date type of thing, if that's your shtick. All in all, have fun! It's going to be amazing.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

sounds pretty dope...are you going to be working in those countries? If so what line of work?

New Zealand and Australia seem to be kind of on the pricey side to stay there for 2 months but india, thailand, and maybe singapore are probably cheaper i'm guessing. Someone please enlighten me on cost of living in those places.

I'd like to do something like this.
I don't think I'll be really LOOKING for work until I need to but if something comes up and I like where I am I will probably take it. I also have a UK and a CDN passport so that will come in handy. You're right about NZ and AUS being much more pricey than IND, THAI, and SING. That's partially why I decided to do them first so I will definitely have enough money, also I have LOTS of relatives in Europe so I decided to end there in case I run out of cash. I work in IT, btw.
I've estimated it out to about $50/day in AUS/NZ/EU and $15/day in S.E Asia (over estimation, some places it will be as low as $3-$5/day) adding in emergency cash and such I rounded it to $15,000 (not including price of the ticket which was $6,500)

@whyhellothere - Haha, you'd be surprised how many people think that is what I'm doing. I worked pretty hard to pay my own way through school and then save up for this trip so I gotta squash all that talk even if it's jokes! =P

@Mercutio - I'll def be keeping a personal journal. Gotta have somewhere to write things my parents won't see, haha. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely be checking that out. My cousin used a similar site to bike (bicycle) across the US (Boston -> Cali)

Thanks for all the LOVE FAM, much appreciated... Now I kinda wish I bought an NT shirt so I could sport it around the globe. But I'm a bit of a tagkiddie so I'm sure I'll be scrawling NT all over the place!

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

sounds pretty dope...are you going to be working in those countries? If so what line of work?

New Zealand and Australia seem to be kind of on the pricey side to stay there for 2 months but india, thailand, and maybe singapore are probably cheaper i'm guessing. Someone please enlighten me on cost of living in those places.

I'd like to do something like this.
I don't think I'll be really LOOKING for work until I need to but if something comes up and I like where I am I will probably take it. I also have a UK and a CDN passport so that will come in handy. You're right about NZ and AUS being much more pricey than IND, THAI, and SING. That's partially why I decided to do them first so I will definitely have enough money, also I have LOTS of relatives in Europe so I decided to end there in case I run out of cash. I work in IT, btw.
I've estimated it out to about $50/day in AUS/NZ/EU and $15/day in S.E Asia (over estimation, some places it will be as low as $3-$5/day) adding in emergency cash and such I rounded it to $15,000 (not including price of the ticket which was $6,500)

@whyhellothere - Haha, you'd be surprised how many people think that is what I'm doing. I worked pretty hard to pay my own way through school and then save up for this trip so I gotta squash all that talk even if it's jokes! =P

@Mercutio - I'll def be keeping a personal journal. Gotta have somewhere to write things my parents won't see, haha. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely be checking that out. My cousin used a similar site to bike (bicycle) across the US (Boston -> Cali)

Thanks for all the LOVE FAM, much appreciated... Now I kinda wish I bought an NT shirt so I could sport it around the globe. But I'm a bit of a tagkiddie so I'm sure I'll be scrawling NT all over the place!

Back
Top Bottom