Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think I understand what you're asking... The antigen test that is being administered most commonly is specifically testing for the presence of covid-19 active in people who are CURRENTLY infected with the virus. The antibody test looks for antibodies present in the blood of recovered patients to determine if they were infected previously. As far as I know, there is no such thing as having "the virus laying dormant" in your system. There can still be dead viral particles in your system for many months after you have "recovered" which can show up in the antigen test, but does not indicate that you are currently infected. This was leading to some confusion about people being "reinfected" after previously testing negative. I hope this is clear.
Covid-19 is just the disease caused by the virus SARS-CoV-2. The viral tests are to detect the virus, typically by PCR. This indicates the presence of virus particles, which could be an active infection (most likely) or could be remnants of a prior infection.

Antibody tests are to detect proteins made by your immune system in reaction to the virus. These antibody tests are not always specific though (you may have antibody against a different coronavirus but this test will still detect it).

So is the test confirming sars-cov2 or Covid-19? Is it possible to have Sars-Cov2 which would make you test positive but not have Covid-19?

565FA42F-4F93-46A1-9033-74001ACDD508.jpeg

So is the test confirming sars-cov2 or Covid-19? Is it possible to have Sars-Cov2 which would make you test positive but not have Covid-19?
The infection with Sars-Cov2 and having Covid-19 go hand in hand. For you to test positive for the virus (sars-cov2), the virus has to infect and multiply in your cells enough that it can be detected. It's unlikely to manifest the symptoms of Covid-19 without having a detectable level of the Sars-cov2 virus, although sometimes it happens depending on the course of the infection.

You could be asymptomatic but still be infected by the virus. The test would still detect sars-cov2 and you would technically still have covid-19, just an asymptomatic case. It just means your body is effectively fighting off the virus, or it just never had a chance to spread that far, so it made some copies but it didn't do much damage.

There's also the chance that you are exposed to the virus but never infected. The virus may get on your body but never have a chance to enter cells, which means it can't then multiply. It's theoretically possible, I guess, that someone could cough a bunch of virus on you but it never infects you. And if there's enough of it you would test positive for sars-cov2 but not actually be infected or have Covid-19. I don't know of any reported cases of this though.

Yea I got this too. Hidalgo was trying her best to help limit stuff, but Abbott didn’t give one single **** and was only thinking about Memorial Day weekend money being made. Abbott was very happy to make Texas the guinea pig for reopening, and this is the result. Now all those goofy asses from other states that flocked here talking about “tExAs Is OpEn”, well, now you’re the the reason Texas will be back under restrictions soon enough.

I really feel for Hidalgo, her and Turner actually mandated masks when Texas reopened, but Abbott made it so hard for them to enforce they just had to drop it. It has technically been illegal with $1000.00 fine since reopening. Harris county just had to not enforce it, because they couldnt and didn't have the resources. Hidalgo's so young and inexperienced, but doing a damn good job considering. Probaly much better than Emmett would have done (he'd be right there with Abbott IMO) with what she's got. She kinda lucked into her role by running dems against Emmett Rep. no way she could have been prepared for this. She looks like she's having a panic attack everytime she holds a press conference. Basically bad time to say it probably, but I wood...
Opening the bars is the only problem huh? lol Clown.

Any junior high school dropout should have known this was the worst idea Bars, Gyms, and schools shouldn't have even been a thought until a viable vaccine, cure, or treatment was available, but he was only worried about collecting taxes on liquor sales. I thought we'd start overcome this by the end of the year, but the way it's looking we're closer to an apocalypse than solving this problem. 😷 up y'all avoid any contact this second wave is gonna be much worse than the first the way its looking.

Didn't they Brexit? Maybe you could still go.

The UK is not part of the EU anymore. The UK is open, you just have to quarantine for 14 days and yes they will check on you daily. So if your plans was for less than 14 days.. then it’s a dub. I have 4 months vacation, I plan on spending 1 month in the UK next month. Hopefully after that, the restrictions will lighten up and I’ll spend 3 months in Germany, going directly from the UK to Frankfurt.

Is there a thread for the nike revenue loss?

Saw some racists say the Nike drop in revenue was due to them supporting Kaepernick and not the fact that physical retail has been shut down for 3+ months. Or the fact that Nike makes apparel for all 3 major American sports and every league had to suspend it's season. Americans really are dumb as ****

New Zealand gotta be laughing at us
They probably don't care. It is easier to control a population of 5 million on an isolated island than 330 million in a big country. I dunno how Australia is doing but wonder if it's similar to NZ.

They probably don't care. It is easier to control a population of 5 million on an isolated island than 330 million in a big country. I dunno how Australia is doing but wonder if it's similar to NZ.
Last I checked Austrailia was doing just as well as New Zealand. But that was a while ago.

Would have probably worked a lot better here if we'd just closed state border, or quarantined any travelers coming home than just shutting down the whole country for only 2 weeks, which really solved nothing... just slowed it down. I'm no expert, so what do I know, but seems like it would have kept these breakouts in certain states while keeping the economy open. New Zealand also took a scientific approach to this virus, as opposed to whatever 45 wants. I mean the guy would have fired Fauci If he could have. Meanwhile he's saying things like drink bleach (I'm joking just a little) taking meds that have serious side effects for malaria, stopping testing so the numbers go down the list goes on... theres no worse way the us could have handled this. Science and Dr.s are who we should have been relying on in this time.

Got distant family in Australia theyrw handling it about the same way from what I've been told.

Leadership has shown if they're utter trash by how they'ved handled this. The president of brasil who is an absolute clown like who we have here. The governor's of texas, florida, we got mayor de blasio in NY. If they get re-elected or people similar voted in then those voters don't care about their well being or anyone's.

Back
Top Bottom