Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's a really big assumption, honestly

I don't know but that's why I'm asking. We absolutely know how COVID kills the infected in the vast majority of cases.

I think it's a far bigger assumption to assume any who died very suddenly going about their everyday life ( i.e. not showing symptoms, not suffering from diminished oxygen intake, not debilitated) just because they tested positive.

My point is, I'm not taking the lady's retort at face value, we don't know why that man died and we won't know until he's evaluated properly (even then we still might not know for certain).

You could test for antibodies after a few weeks. However, the standard antibody test does not determine the level of antibodies, just whether or not they are detected. Further, the presence of antibodies alone does not make you immune to the disease. A healthy immune system that is functioning properly is also required to ensure that you are able to mount a strong enough immune response to eradicate the virus faster than it replicates. My theory is that the same ~5% who are still susceptible to being infected with COVID after mRNA vaccine is about the same as those who are susceptible to reinfection after recovering from the virus.

So it sounds like even after getting the vaccine, the at-risk people should still stay home until herd immunity is reached in case they're a part of that 5%. Considering we need at least 63% vaccination rate to reach that, I wonder how long that would take to get to. It could still be years out.

I don't know but that's why I'm asking. We absolutely know how COVID kills the infected in the vast majority of cases.

I think it's a far bigger assumption to assume any who died very suddenly going about their everyday life ( i.e. not showing symptoms, not suffering from diminished oxygen intake, not debilitated) just because they tested positive.

My point is, I'm not taking the lady's retort at face value, we don't know why that man died and we won't know until he's evaluated properly (even then we still might not know for certain).
My girl told me about a patient who was getting a bypass procedure and was having heart issues. He tested positive, few days later had a heart attack and died and they basically called it a covid death. He was probably checking out covid or not.

20201215_015341.jpg

I didn't mention myocarditis the other day... I was mostly speaking about blood clots related to covid. Young dudes stroking out months later after contracting covid, because of damage to their vessels from covid.

But this is just as scary.

Dude survives covid during the summer. A few months later he collapses during a basketball game. Not confirmed that it's myocarditis yet but if it is, it's likely because of covid.

So it sounds like even after getting the vaccine, the at-risk people should still stay home until herd immunity is reached in case they're a part of that 5%. Considering we need at least 63% vaccination rate to reach that, I wonder how long that would take to get to. It could still be years out.
estimates are that we could start to see significant decrease in numbers by summer. cases would persist until 2022 but we'd mostly be back to normal by late summer, just with masks and stuff.

I don’t know if I’d go so far as to say they should just stay home, but certainly remain vigilant and take the same type of precautions as they would now, like continuing to wear a mask, maintain distance, hand hygiene, etc. It shouldn’t be a drastic change in behavior after being vaccinated, but instead a gradual shift as the overall risk is reduced over time. How long that takes is probably longer than most are imagining, TBH.

If it was a white woman = "oh hell nah , they giving it to a karen that wouldnt even wear a mask"
If it was a black man = " oh hell nah, they trying to lower the black population "
If it was a white man = " oh hell nah, they always get things first"
Cant win with ya'll. :rofl:
Thank you. There will ALWAYS be a section to find a racial angle to complain about.
Even when it's not pertaining to racial matters, people just love to complain in general.

What type of allergies?
Wow. Can’t believe that is happening. What’s worse is that there’s no specific allergies being mentioned. Like how many millions of people don’t have allergies.
I’m already in the back of the line, this would push me back even more since I have year round allergies, food allergies, animal allergies and common environmental allergies

I have allergies to shellfish and some antibiotics. My job has it on file but I think I'll go ahead and forget to remind them when they administer it

Wow. Can’t believe that is happening. What’s worse is that there’s no specific allergies being mentioned. Like how many millions of people don’t have allergies.
I’m already in the back of the line, this would push me back even more since I have year round allergies, food allergies, animal allergies and common environmental allergies
My initial understanding was that it was related to drug induced reactions, which is why I asked what kind of allergies his aunt has. I’m pretty sure it’s not related to food or seasonal type allergies because I’ve seen (and posted, IIRC) the ingredients list and it’s very standard stuff. If you’ve never had strong adverse reactions to shots or drugs then you’re probably ok.

I have allergies to shellfish and some antibiotics. My job has it on file but I think I'll go ahead and forget to remind them when they administer it

I honestly think that is your best bet because they will err on the side of caution to avoid lawsuits. There’s no shellfish or antibiotics in the vax, obviously.

I know for flu vaccines they ask if you're allergic to eggs but I know it's because they incubate the virus in eggs (before they inactivate it)?

I have no idea what they use to make the mrna vaccines besides the mrna

.... Actually, where is the mrna coming from?

I've no clue lol

*edit

I'm also wondering how they make some antibiotics now

"The very vaccine that's one of the two that has absolutely exquisite levels -- 94 to 95% efficacy against clinical disease and almost 100% efficacy against serious disease that are shown to be clearly safe -- that vaccine was actually developed in my institute's vaccine research center by a team of scientists led by Dr. Barney Graham and his close colleague, Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, or Kizzy Corbett," Fauci told the forum. "Kizzy is an African American scientist who is right at the forefront of the development of the vaccine."

Corbett-2-ht-er-201211_1607732240639_hpEmbed_5x7_992.jpg

Makes sense. They dont want problem with folks having adverse reactions to it. Specially as they want to encourage the masses to take it.
thats true

I have a close family member thats allergic to penicillin
I'm very worried but I'm trying it hide it
not sure it I'm allergic myself

CDC says its ok but can you really trust anyone
thats how this whole mess started in the first place

thats true

I have a close family member thats allergic to penicillin
I'm very worried but I'm trying it hide it
not sure it I'm allergic myself

CDC says its ok but can you really trust anyone
thats how this whole mess started in the first place

100% positive that a penicillin allergy would not be a problem (with the Pfizer vax, anyway).

Back
Top Bottom