Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I saw airborne transmission being discussed the last couple of pages. School me.

So if a covid particle lands on a fork and I put that in my mouth, you can't be infected? Or if someone with covid touches mouth or nose and wipes it on a door handle, and I touch it and touch my mouth, I'm safe?

This cant be true. Or am I comprehending incorrectly?

I saw airborne transmission being discussed the last couple of pages. School me.

So if a covid particle lands on a fork and I put that in my mouth, you can't be infected? Or if someone with covid touches mouth or nose and wipes it on a door handle, and I touch it and touch my mouth, I'm safe?

This cant be true. Or am I comprehending incorrectly?

It’s not exclusively airborne, just primarily transmitted that way. I’m sure you would be infected in the droplet situations you described. It’s just not as viable on surfaces as many originally feared when going crazy sanitizing surfaces, groceries, etc.

It’s not exclusively airborne, just primarily transmitted that way. I’m sure you would be infected in the droplet situations you described. It’s just not as viable on surfaces as many originally feared when going crazy sanitizing surfaces, groceries, etc.
Thats what I figured. Its part of the reason why I barely ate take out during the past year. But I'm loosening up and giving in more lately.

ngl tho I like that public surfaces have gotten like 8-11 percent cleaner on average, can we keep that?

I'm actually more so disgusted with certain surfaces, like the keypad in checkout terminals.

Some stores obviously change the plastic, at least once a day. And other stores obviously are not changing that plastic layover. Sure, the germs on the plastic cover would have been on the keypad, but at least the visual of just the keypad is so much more inviting that the fogged over, dirty plastic film that clearly needs to be changed.

Do better, Target.

Think I'm good on my vaccine side effects now.

Thursday: 2nd shot. chills, body aches, headache
Friday - headache, body aches, nausea, vomiting
Saturday - aches, nausea
Sunday - slight headache

Today, feelin pretty good.

Wow, you had it worse than most! Glad you’re feeling better now.

They only tested 2000 kids? Would u feel comfortable giving your child the vaccine?
Yes. The immune system of a 10 year old isn’t all that different than that of a 16 year old. The vaccine has been proven incredibly safe in hundreds of millions of humans, and no difference in the safety profile noted in any age group, aside from the very frail elderly. The primary thing they are testing in young children is finding the optimal dose that provides a strong immune response. There is absolutely no logical reason to expect that children would experience problems that young adults have not. Are you aware that the same exact flu shot is given to a 6 month, 6 year old and 60 year old?:wink:

Last edited:
Yes. The immune system of a 10 year old isn’t all that different than that of a 16 year old. The vaccine has been proven incredibly safe in hundreds of millions of humans, and no difference in the safety profile noted in any age group, aside from the very frail elderly. The primary thing they are testing in young children is finding the optimal dose that provides a strong immune response. There is absolutely no logical reason to expect that children would experience problems that young adults have not. Are you aware that the same exact flu shot is given to a 6 month, 6 year old and 60 year old?

actually that statement is incorrect CDC recommends people 65+ get a high dose quadrivalent flu shot which can’t be given to a 60 year old 6 year old or 6 month old says so on the box the flu shots come in.
F376561D-9F29-4580-ADBF-CF6C3AB447BA.jpeg

Fluad is only for adults 65 and up

278E79D3-AB8A-4C30-9FA6-A7E6EF274741.jpeg

flublok can only be given to people 18 years and older.

DEB1B564-26E5-4175-85E0-D39C1C177AA2.png

flucelavax can’t be given to anyone under 4 years old.

actually that statement is incorrect CDC recommends people 65+ get a high dose quadrivalent flu shot which can’t be given to a 60 year old 6 year old or 6 month old says so on the box the flu shots come in.
F376561D-9F29-4580-ADBF-CF6C3AB447BA.jpeg

Fluad is only for adults 65 and up

278E79D3-AB8A-4C30-9FA6-A7E6EF274741.jpeg

flublok can only be given to people 18 years and older.

DEB1B564-26E5-4175-85E0-D39C1C177AA2.png

flucelavax can’t be given to anyone under 4 years old.
You win by technicality, but I was talking about the “regular” flu shots available at most pharmacies for 6 months+. I specifically said 60 and not 65 because of the high dose option for that age group. I stand behind the rest of my comments.

I work at a regular pharmacy and these are the shot brands/manufacturers that we give out every season. Not all pharmacies are stock with fluzone

F33DA601-FEB7-4EB3-9025-FBE6C6C55B35.jpeg

there will be times when it is not available due to supply demands. All those shots I posted are regularly stocked at a pharmacy during flu season

I have irresponsibly skipped flu shots since 2012-2013, do they tend to have H1N1 protection in them or did that strain from the late 2000's die out?

Are there any new advancements in the treat ment of COVID-19 that has reduced the death rate or strictly the result of vaccinations?

Are there any new advancements in the treat ment of COVID-19 that has reduced the death rate or strictly the result of vaccinations?

No advancements outside of antibody therapies that are strictly reserved. I guess you can add Remdisivir to that list too. They have been intubating wayyyyyy less patients though. It is believed that since that was the go to method last year for severe or critical cases, that it actually caused more deaths than saved lives. Also the virus now is generally much more “weaker”

Back
Top Bottom