Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you notice the anti mask parents are products of a caste system who just want something to complain about. I bet their kids don’t even mind or care. My 3 year old has no problem wearing a mask. And yells at me and his dad if we forget ours in a drive thru.

This is their oppression story.

:stoneface:

Pretty much
francis.png

Really interesting discussion about how fever (when present) plays an important role in helping you fight off viral infection, including COVID-19.

If you notice the anti mask parents are products of a caste system who just want something to complain about. I bet their kids don’t even mind or care. My 3 year old has no problem wearing a mask. And yells at me and his dad if we forget ours in a drive thru.

This. I'm not sure how well she does it at school, but she walks around the house wearing one with no problem.

Afraid you may be right about that last statement too. Way too many making these wild comparisons.

My nephew’s fever is finally gone but still no appetite. Wish i could do something but glad he’s getting better.

Just found out that 6 other kids tested positive in his kinder class 😳. My niece (tested negative) is in preschool at the same school and a couple kids tested positive. So now, the school might be closing temporarily due to the outbreak.

we're all trying to understand wtf is going on, so I invite others here to join me in reading this book.

The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, and its psychological effects, remarkably or not, is firmly in keeping with previous pandemics, including Russian flu, Spanish flu and the Sars outbreaks.

“I was pretty much surprised that pretty much everything in the book unfolded,” he says. “These were not Nostradamus predictions – they were predictions of reactions based on research of what happened during previous pandemics. So it was reasonable to expect that with a similar pandemic, with social restrictions in place, you would get broadly similar phenomena.”

What’s been different about this pandemic, Taylor says, is that all the basic phenomena seen in the past have happened on a broader, grander scale.

Part of the reason, he says, is social media and the 24/7 news cycle that can fuel these movements. Looking back to the anti-mask league in San Francisco in 1919, the reasons given then were the same as today.

“The anti-lockdown, anti-mask, anti-vax protests have been a lot more prevalent than they were 100 years ago, even if they were motivated for the same reasons,” he said.

any kind of empirical insight on this cluster**** is appreciated, I'm fn exhausted trying to figure this **** out myself.

RSV and the common flu are back. I told you all I went to a few gatherings and seemed to catch something. I still have a slight cough some 6 weeks later. But it's not covid. Weird times. I think this flu season combo will ravage schools. Many schools haven't even started yet. Labor day through to Thanksgiving will be our worst of times IMHO We blame the south but I feel this is uncontrollable

My nephew’s fever is finally gone but still no appetite. Wish i could do something but glad he’s getting better.

Just found out that 6 other kids tested positive in his kinder class 😳. My niece (tested negative) is in preschool at the same school and a couple kids tested positive. So now, the school might be closing temporarily due to the outbreak.
Wow, that would definitely be enough to shut down my kids’ school. All it takes is 2 positive cases in one class (class quarantines for 14 days) or 3 in the whole school (school closes for 14 days) traced to in-school spread in a 2 week period. They say the 4 cases so far have been traced to community spread, but they aren’t doing any testing of those students’ close contacts AFAIK.

Wow, that would definitely be enough to shut down my kids’ school. All it takes is 2 positive cases in one class (class quarantines for 14 days) or 3 in the whole school (school closes for 14 days) traced to in-school spread in a 2 week period. They say the 4 cases so far have been traced to community spread, but they aren’t doing any testing of those students’ close contacts AFAIK.
I think it was posted here. DC schools are saying as long as masks and other means are taken, the only person who truly needs to step away is the positive person. They are assuming the majority ofcases are brought into schools and not founded or created there. Solid assumptions IMho. True close contacts may be quarantined. But not entire classes or schools. I think it's spread too much at this point. Schools would or should be closed as they're 10 times worse than last year at this time. But in class learning has set a certain standard

Contact tracing has been a noble effort but it's often been just a guessing game. Lots of school districts who would've closed at 1-2 cases in a day are now refusing to close upon a larger surge.

Many of the only ones getting schools dinged for cases are the staff, and not the students. So the standards are a bit weird. Everyone at the school could have brought it to the school but the contact tracing has to blame some company for it all.

Half the cases at my work never showed up as company origin cases. But it's not exactly clear when or where they decide which ones. 80% seem spouse spread from other community means

I think it was posted here. DC schools are saying as long as masks and other means are taken, the only person who truly needs to step away is the positive person. They are assuming the majority ofcases are brought into schools and not founded or created there. Solid assumptions IMho. True close contacts may be quarantined. But not entire classes or schools. I think it's spread too much at this point. Schools would or should be closed as they're 10 times worse than last year at this time. But in class learning has set a certain standard

I just received an email from my son’s school in the case they switch over to virtual learning. They said they are prepared for it. He starts next week so we’ll see how everything goes.

It’s crazy and it’s only going to get worse. Smh.
I wanted to go to LA for a couple days to take a mini vacay and take the kids to museums, etc… But w/ kids getting Covid at an alarming rate, we decided to keep it safe and just stay home. Sucks cuz we just bought a new Sienna and i wanted to take it for a road trip. Lol. Pretty much all of our Fall plans are on hold until further notice.

Back
Top Bottom