Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I salute any anti-vaxxer, who caved to the mandate and now are trying to detox the vaccine

salute-icegif.gif

For anybody who has kids 5-12 and was curious about getting vaccinated. I’ve got 2 friends who’ve vaxxed their kids (ages 6, 7.5, and 11) and so far they haven’t had any post symptoms besides having a sore arm on the day they got the shot.
Other than that, they’ve been fine.

I’m still gonna chill on getting my kid vaxxed. Gonna wait a couple months and then get vaxxed. I have a feeling the state of CA is gonna have a mandate next year for kids to get vaxxed.

For anybody who has kids 5-12 and was curious about getting vaccinated. I’ve got 2 friends who’ve vaxxed their kids (ages 6, 7.5, and 11) and so far they haven’t had any post symptoms besides having a sore arm on the day they got the shot.
Other than that, they’ve been fine.

I’m still gonna chill on getting my kid vaxxed. Gonna wait a couple months and then get vaxxed. I have a feeling the state of CA is gonna have a mandate next year for kids to get vaxxed.
My kids had sore arms for a day too.
IMO, unless you’re adamantly opposed to vaccinating your kids for some dumb reason, there’s no good excuse to wait any longer. You just run the risk of having them catch COVID. The only logical reason I can think of would be if they’ve already been infected and recovered recently.
Now I’m debating whether or not to give them the second dose at 3 weeks or push it off a bit to help minimize side effects and possibly give more durable long lasting immunity. Shane Crotty says data points to ~6 week spacing being the sweet spot. It will likely come down to what infection rates in our area look like a few weeks from now.

This quote in the NYT newsletter said it best (from Bob Wachter, the chair of medicine at UCSF):

"I’m still going to be thoughtful and careful,” Wachter told The San Francisco Chronicle. But “if I’m not going to do it now, I’m probably saying that I’m not going to do it for the next couple of years, and I might be saying I’m not doing it forever."

I try to keep up on the numbers but I've stopped getting worried about them or making my plans contingent on them. A year ago, the worst covid could do is kill 2 million Americans. Now, the worst it could do is kill something like 50,000 vaccinated Americans, which is still bad but on par with the flu.

For those getting boosters, what are you basing it off of? I’m about to hit 6 months but not sure if I really need it at the 6 month mark. I’m still working from home and likely stays this way for the winter. I’m thinking it’s better to get the booster when I will be exposed to more risk than now.

For those getting boosters, what are you basing it off of? I’m about to hit 6 months but not sure if I really need it at the 6 month mark. I’m still working from home and likely stays this way for the winter. I’m thinking it’s better to get the booster when I will be exposed to more risk than now.

Because I don't want to get COVID

Not trying to mess around and find out. Got my booster early Oct and it's been fine.

I think of it as getting my yearly flu shot. The benefits outweigh the risks imo

Because I don't want to get COVID

Not trying to mess around and find out. Got my booster early Oct and it's been fine.

I think of it as getting my yearly flu shot. The benefits outweigh the risks imo

You plan on getting it every 6 months even if they don’t approve a 4th booster?

Update:
Kids and wife were negative...they went and got tested again on Tuesday and were negative...still a little worried for them but hopefully I acted quickly enough to not get them exposed...trying to stay positive for them..

Feeling pretty damn good today...it was a rough week though. The body aches were the worst...i would feel halfway decent at times then boom it would put me on my ***...it got to me mentally Tuesday...just laying around thinking about **** had me in the dumps...

Did contact my job and unfortunately I won't be able to get paid. They are not offering sick leave and i used up all my vacay days throughout the year. Some dude that isnt vaxxed tested positive on Tuesday. He said he "feels fine" supposedly...dont believe him...

Im going to go get tested tomorrow and hopefully it comes back negative so I can head back to work on Monday...

Update...
Well im still testing positive...guess I'll wait the full 10 days before I head back to work...feeling really good though...kind of bummed I tested positive.

Update...
Well im still testing positive...guess I'll wait the full 10 days before I head back to work...feeling really good though...kind of bummed I tested positive.
If PCR, it could just be non infectious viral particles. IMO, antigen test is a better tool for determining if you’re actually infectious.

Meh. I havent gotten my booster yet and still undergoing chemo (5 sessions left, be done in January). I should ask my doc if im ok to get it, im sure hes gonna say yes. I already feel lousy af post infusion so having a ****ty day from the booster will be nothing. :lol:
You should get a full 100mcg dose (not booster) of Moderna, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom