Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why dictate what type of masks people should buy or use? The N95 thing came from articles last week saying that the regular surgical masks won’t prevent particles this small.
That’s like telling people the weather isn’t below freezing why wear a Canada Goose?

One is at Flushing Hospital, the other is at Booth Memorial. Booth Memorial is the superior facility. Flushing Hospital is a POS. I'm kind of surprised it took this long tbh. Flushing is bigger than Chinatown in Manhattan, closer to the airports and a lot of the Chinese here rent out apartments to use as AirBNBs, so everyday you're getting recent arrivals from all over the world.

Dude you continue with the personal insults, why? Is that how fragile your ego is? Just to clarify, the only 1 coming across stupid here, is you. A dude that still can't comprehend what's being talked about.

You're constantly trying to messured intelligence, age, etc over the internet. Like, I get it, I have trolled before, but you're actually serious. Pathetic.

Continue talking recklessly, is only the internet, everything is allowed. It is amusing ....

Whether you're older, younger, educated, etc .. one thing is 100%, you're immature.

Lol you are the ONLY one who's coming across stupid here.

You just complained about a personal insult but then proceeded to give me one. Why?

Why dictate what type of masks people should buy or use? The N95 thing came from articles last week saying that the regular surgical masks won’t prevent particles this small.
That’s like telling people the weather isn’t below freezing why wear a Canada Goose?
Poor comparison.

N95 masks are reserved for airborne-transmitted pathogens (tuberculosis, for example). They require special sizing and custom fitting. They're only good for x amount of time and pretty difficult to breathe in after about 30 minutes. They're generally not used, nor are the indicated to be used, by the public.

Regular/surgical face masks are used to prevent the spread of droplet-transmitted pathogens (the flu, common cold, etc.). They're in abundant supply, inexpensive, accessible, and require no specialized fitting.

You have every right to buy N95 masks, but if you're doing so based off of fear of the coronavirus, yet you don't wear regular face masks to prevent getting the flu your logic is ***-backwards and your concerns are in the wrong place.

We will be facing a similar issue in 2038.

If we know about it this early and prepared for the same problem, I don’t think it’ll get to Y2K levels.

Was only 9 but I remember that panic and everyone collectively holding their breath at New Years.

Poor comparison.

N95 masks are reserved for airborne-transmitted pathogens (tuberculosis, for example). They require special sizing and custom fitting. They're only good for x amount of time and pretty difficult to breathe in after about 30 minutes. They're generally not used, nor are the indicated to be used, by the public.

Regular/surgical face masks are used to prevent the spread of droplet-transmitted pathogens (the flu, common cold, etc.). They're in abundant supply, inexpensive, accessible, and require no specialized fitting.

You have every right to buy N95 masks, but if you're doing so based off of fear of the coronavirus, yet you don't wear regular face masks to prevent getting the flu your logic is ***-backwards and your concerns are in the wrong place.
This n95 mask craze is the result of some publishers releasing articles last week saying that normal face masks won’t help.
Plenty of non medical professionals use n95 masks at construction sites and such workplaces all day long and without sizing or fittings. Not all of them are as you described.
Why be mad at people being extra?
I take the subway everyday and seeing a surge of people wearing masks. Either they don’t want to get sick or are already sick and don’t want to spread it. Either way I’m glad they’re doing it.

This n95 mask craze is the result of some publishers releasing articles last week saying that normal face masks won’t help.
Plenty of non medical professionals use n95 masks at construction sites and such workplaces all day long and without sizing or fittings. Not all of them are as you described.
Why be mad at people being extra?
I take the subway everyday and seeing a surge of people wearing masks. Either they don’t want to get sick or are already sick and don’t want to spread it. Either way I’m glad they’re doing it.
Who said I'm mad? I'm just saying wearing N95 masks to prevent a virus that's infected less than 10 people in America is dumb and unnecessary.

But, again, I've already said that wearing regular face masks on planes and in densely populated areas is reasonable.

Who said I'm mad? I'm just saying wearing N95 masks to prevent a virus that's infected less than 10 people in America is dumb and unnecessary.

But, again, I've already said that wearing regular face masks on planes and in densely populated areas is reasonable.

If it's time to mask up...might as well go full sex panther and opt for the N95.

I helped to paint a church this past summer in 95deg heat and used N95 masks all day. The 1st 30min was brutal, but got used to it for the remainder of the weekend. Also used it during the crazy Norcal Fires.

Don't know if you've seen or experienced the latest N95 disposable masks...it looks similar to the looser surgical masks.

Now the N100 or P100 or 3M6600 is reserved for WW3

They opened that 1000 bed hospital they built in 6 days in china

They're also building another

If it's not that serious why are they going to these lengths?

I had no idea there was much of a "physical" difference between a regular mask and one with a N95 or N99 rating. Thought they were pretty much the same minus material.

More educated on this matter. I see no harm in stocking up on these. Really could use the N95 during fire season. The regular ones just dont cut it.

Aight, time to mask up for this ****

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom